A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not so city... Trail, BC  (Read 3346 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

afeminista
note to self - craft is my essence

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2005 02:15:58 PM »

Hey Fellow BC Crafters!

I just want to put it out there that on Tuesdays and Saturdays in Nelson there is a super knitting class/ knit-in! The people at the store (on Baker) are awesome and have lots of funky cool craftster-esque ideas... and seeing as I am in Trail I am percolating something knitty going on there...

Gimme a message if you are in the Trail/Castlegar/Nelson area and are interested in some sort of local crafty circle!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

make you wanna make you need to make you wish
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006 05:30:57 AM »

I don't live there, but I vist in summer!! Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006 05:21:54 PM »

I'm from the Castlegar but I dont knit or crochet. Well I crochet but not very well. Which store is this knitting thing at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
afeminista

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006 04:26:41 PM »

whoa - major delay in replying - it is on Baker Street in Nelson - right near Sidewinders... I mean it is craftster-esque cool... i want one here... and i want to learn to crochet... i hear it is way faster than knitting
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scratchtest
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006 11:21:39 AM »

Whoo, this is good to hear!  I'm moving from Vancouver to Nelson in less than two weeks and I'll definitely have to go.  I'm PMing you now!

PS - Is it "My KNitting Corner" that you're talking about?  Half the store is sewing stuff and half is knitting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My url
afeminista

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006 07:04:40 PM »

that is the store - i am terrible with store names - i looove the people that work there and the tuesday afternoon lessons.... i haven't been yet because of the whole job thing but... i plan on it... next time i have to call in 'crazy'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006 01:44:52 PM »

I haven't been to Nelson in ages - I can't stand the way the people wander the streets there... like there are no traffic laws in place or something! Next time I go I might check er out.

Anyone else in this general area or are we few and far between? I want to start a craft group!! /end whine... It'd be cool to get together someplace and chat and do crafts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
scratchtest
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006 06:51:19 PM »

I haven't been to Nelson in ages - I can't stand the way the people wander the streets there... like there are no traffic laws in place or something! Next time I go I might check er out.

Anyone else in this general area or are we few and far between? I want to start a craft group!! /end whine... It'd be cool to get together someplace and chat and do crafts...

Chatting and doing crafts is always a good idea in my books Wink.

It took me a few days to get used to being able to actually cross the street in Nelson.  Compared to here (Vancouver, which I'll be leaving for Nelson in less than two weeks!) you don't have to worry about getting killed every time you step onto the street, even if you have a walk signal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My url
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006 08:41:36 PM »

Chatting and doing crafts is always a good idea in my books Wink.

It took me a few days to get used to being able to actually cross the street in Nelson.  Compared to here (Vancouver, which I'll be leaving for Nelson in less than two weeks!) you don't have to worry about getting killed every time you step onto the street, even if you have a walk signal.

Yay another person who agrees that chatting and crafts go well together.

Oh I know, Vancouver is BAD for those awful drivers. When we visit my aunt and uncle in Abbotsford we try to cross as few streets as possible. Thank goodness they live close to the malls and grocery stores. Only two highways to cross!

The bad thing about the pedestrians in Nelson is that there are so many of them to look out for and most of them are dazed (or so it seems) that it makes it hard to drive on Baker St or any of the other busier streets.

Why, if I may ask, are you moving to Nelson? I always wonder why people move from big centers to tiny towns like Nelson, Trail and Castlegar...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scratchtest
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006 09:17:01 PM »

Yay another person who agrees that chatting and crafts go well together.

Oh, I definately agree! Smiley

Oh I know, Vancouver is BAD for those awful drivers. When we visit my aunt and uncle in Abbotsford we try to cross as few streets as possible. Thank goodness they live close to the malls and grocery stores. Only two highways to cross!

The bad thing about the pedestrians in Nelson is that there are so many of them to look out for and most of them are dazed (or so it seems) that it makes it hard to drive on Baker St or any of the other busier streets.

Why, if I may ask, are you moving to Nelson? I always wonder why people move from big centers to tiny towns like Nelson, Trail and Castlegar...

I can believe there are dazed-seeming people in Nelson, especially with all the, uh, recreational plants going around Wink

I'm moving to Nelson really just for a little bit, there's not really a plan to stay there.  My boyfriend and I are just really need to get out of Vancouver because we both don't like it much here (you can only live comfortably here if you make six-figures a year).  His family is in Nelson too so that makes it easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My url
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2012 MTV Movie Awards Fashion Fails
1990s Fashion Trends Revival
White House Dinner Fashion Fails
Twilight: Breaking Dawn Stars Fashion at the 2012 Comic Con Red Carpet
How to Make Your Own Pair of Dip-Dye Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...