A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Éire (Ireland)?  (Read 16160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Katie Mutated
« on: December 28, 2005 10:06:18 AM »

anyone else from smelly auld here?

Well for those who are from here or who have been here you'll know we have charity shops (2nd hand) all over the place. So were lucky in that respect. Sadly one of our best Fabric stores (Trimmings) has been closed down and turned into a scummy Centra (like 7/11 to Americans).

I cant be the only one on here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But time's a-wasting and evil's out there making hand-crafted mischief for the swap meet of villainy" - The Tick
tamarack

the mad crafter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006 02:29:57 PM »

no, you aren't alone in the internet world - they're all too busy on thumped for anything else though.

Trimmings just moved across the keys, dude! no worries. however, being from foreign i have to whinge that dublin certainly leaves something to be desired in the charity shop department. not really their fault, but it sucks to find a shop full of clothes from penny's for twice what they cost new.  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd rather be quilting!
kmsmaverick
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006 07:14:42 AM »

i'm wondering about craft show or fairs? i'll be visiting dublin for a few days in 18 days (but who's counting) and i was hoping to go to a craft show or two, it's a pity that we'll not be there on a weekend, but are there any coming up? 20 feb06 through 24 feb?

i plan on visiting hickeys and perhaps the wool shop in bray; i hear there's a sewing centre nearby, too. and then i have also already pencilled in my appointment at Crown Jewels thats on henry street i think? i heard there's a fabric shop nearby there too. Trimmings might be something to track down, in addition to L. M. Ruban, Sheehy fabric shop.

the last time i visited, i kind of remember a suitable amount of charity shops, oxfam and the like. i just googled it and got many hits, perhaps not closeby to you, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roisin
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006 03:39:35 AM »

Nope you are not the only one Kate! I was thinking myself where could I find an Irish forum, and crossing my fingers that it wasn't in with the UK...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katie Mutated
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006 07:33:02 AM »

Sorry for the late reply but im over in Dullass Texas for the next couple of months.

Hey tamarack small world! ahh so Trimmings isnt gone, good i nearly cried when I saw that centra.
 I agree with ye on Pennys, everytime I pass Im lurred in  Cry damn them and their 1yoyo bargin bin.

Im stocking up on those Tulip fabric paints while Im here (ONLY 90c!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But time's a-wasting and evil's out there making hand-crafted mischief for the swap meet of villainy" - The Tick
LolaJo
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006 02:17:12 PM »

Hi there,
I'm a new Irish board member. I agree, Ireland is totally pants for fabric shops. Who wants to go into Hickeys to be patronised or ignored.
Murphy Sheehys in Castle Market near George's Street Arcade aren't bad though, very helpful staff and you can hit on the odd unusual bolt of fabric every so often. Not the cheapest but what's cheap here anymore?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's nice to have a nun around. Gives the place a bit of glamour."
Roisin
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006 03:04:01 AM »

I agree!
MurphySheehy is a good rummaging place Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sinead
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006 06:57:18 AM »

me.....

I mostly knit so have precisely two outlets: the Wool Shop in Bray and Springwools in Walkinstown....though it's probably a good thing that it's an effort for me to get out there, as i spend too much money on wool..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006 08:05:36 AM »

i went to the wool shop in bray! my mother and i were on holiday, and we went there, and to the little place around the corner with fabric and buttons! i spent 36 euro on yarn! but i got real irish wool yarn, from those sheepies i saw in the fields! and my motehr got a pattern she's been looking for for a long time.

i felt just like a local on that shopping trip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aoifecmcc
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006 05:30:27 AM »

Who wants to go into Hickeys to be patronised or ignored.
i completly agree! nearly every time i go in there i come out in a bad mood cuz the staff are so unpleasant! i go in there quite often (waaaay too often really!) to get wool to feed my knitting addiction, its not like the place has a really amazing selection or anything but springwools is quite out of my way, i havent been there yet but am planning on going soon as im on spring break (woohoo!) i have been to the wool shop in bray before but again its a bit far away. i found a fantastic website a while ago that sells craft supplies, i make christmas cards too so i found it great for cellophane bags to display the cards in. its dublin based but i think they ship all over europe:) http://www.craftsupplies.ie. they have a forum too. oh if only they sold wool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grange Insurance Audubon Center: Interior
Case Study: Grange Insurance Audubon Center
COLOUR ONE Exihibt Setup by Scholten and Baijing
Preparation of the Installation COLOUR ONE For MINI
The Engadget Show: Inside the Mind of Designer Philippe Starck
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...