A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Éire (Ireland)?  (Read 15323 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Katie Mutated
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006 04:29:47 PM »

I have had the same experiences many a time in hickeys myself thats why I refuse to go in any more.
Luckily theres a wool shop within walking distance from my house in Crumlin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But time's a-wasting and evil's out there making hand-crafted mischief for the swap meet of villainy" - The Tick
tamarack

the mad crafter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006 07:14:39 AM »

cashel road posse represent.

where's the wool shop in crumblint?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd rather be quilting!
Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006 05:36:43 AM »

Ai! Its all dubs here. Im from the bogs you could say, well the ksnagers of dublin seem to think anyone out of the pale is a farmer. I'm from the 'Land of Hearts Desire', in other words, Sligo. And the only bloody fabric store in town closed down. Yay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006 03:42:42 AM »

I live in Co.Galway. I make  jewellery for sale, presents and for myself. I also do a bit of knitting, sewing,etc. I have to confess to suffering crafting envy when I hear of some of the great shops abroad.

I buy a lot of stuff on-line but sometimes you need to see what you are buying. I haven't been to Crown Jewels(looking forward to that) yet, but I love The Yellow Brick Road as much for the friendly staff as for the great range of supplies. The bead shop in Galway has quite a limited supply of beads in that they don't do semi-precious stones at all. Also they are quite expensive and worse of all they are not at all friendly(even after I have spent a few hundred euro there) or enthusiastic about beads,beading,etc. When I started making jewellery and going in there I knew no one else interested in beads and I so excited and bubbling over with beady fervour.

Every so often I get a knitting craze and crave funky wool but all we have is Hickeys here. Not an amazing selection and they are so slooow.

I hear there is new bead shop in Bray?

I'd to do a jewellery making/silversmithing/stone setting course but it looks like I'd to go to Dublin to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midgetflynn
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006 09:45:50 AM »

woah,I'm actually quite shocked to find other Irish people here!and I'm not a dubliner either,live in Co.Clare which SUCKS when it comes craft stores.though Ennis does have a good amount of charity shops for a small town(and yes,i hate finding expensive tops from Penny's in a 2nd hand shop as well!)though I'm going to being to Cork for college so I'm looking forward to finding places there.any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
draíocht
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006 08:06:17 AM »

I couldnt agree more about Hickeys I think belittling people is probably a skill the staff work on when they get trained in!  All you can do is try to rise above it really. 

midgetflynn- Its hard enough to get good materials in Dublin with or without Hickeys so I cant imagine having to try in Clare.

Irish_Belle, Im a Dub but my heart belongs in Sligo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.
Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006 07:05:57 AM »

Irish_Belle, Im a Dub but my heart belongs in Sligo!

Shocked why so?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006 09:19:53 AM »

I haven't been to Crown Jewels(looking forward to that) yet, but I love The Yellow Brick Road as much for the friendly staff as for the great range of supplies.

My mother and i were on holiday a few months ago, and we went to the yellow brick road! we searched for crown jewels- but to no avail. we're just tourists after all, and we kept getting distracted by all the other great things to look at, that we ended up a bit lost. next time. we're going to run the marathon (well, my dad is. i only run if someone's chasing me) we'll try again then.

I hear there is new bead shop in Bray?
we also had a super day going to the yarn shop and the Singer Sewing Centre in Bray, so if there's a new bead shop there as well, we'll reserve our dart passes today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

manceinion
Beacán Draíochta

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006 01:02:12 PM »

I usually grab a load of fabric & crafting gear in Manchester when I'm there and keep stocked up. Limerick's no good for anything like that either. There's a couple of sewing shops but that's all. I'm not even bothering with Hickeys.

Does anyone know what Cork's like for craft stuff or fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006 02:56:12 AM »

Me too from Ireland and here, that is

In Clare too, there is a good art supply shop in ennis and a paper arts shop recently opened up.

I have heard about a fabulous fabric store in Wales (I know but when the only alternative is Hickeys...way way overpriced) that does fabric by weight or roll, if anyone is heading that way let me know and I will dig out the details.

There is a fabric store in Athlone (where I work) good range of furnishing fabrics, not cheap tho, but they do have remnants that are not quite as bank breaking.

Personally I stock up bigtime on craft stuff when I go to australia or the US.

brilliant oz online beadstore, not sure how much the postage is to here though

www.spacetrader.com .au

the other great place to get fabric is in the east end of London, where all the asian fabric shops are (again pm me if you want details of where to go)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing Paper Type for Recycled Paper Art
How to Create Textures for Recycled Paper Art
Types of Paper for Recycled Paper Art
How to Recycle Paper in a Blender for Art
How to Add Color to your Recycled Paper Art
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...