A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,184
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small, Quick US Supply Swap Gallery  (Read 2104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006 02:52:00 PM »

I sewed a bunch this weekend, including using some of Tesstessi's fabric.  Wanted to show you what I made:

A pouch for my new digital camera:

A skirt, which I plan to wear to work tomorrow:

I plan to use the reenactor-appropriate fabric for a new chemise to wear with my ren faire costume this coming season.  yahoo!!  THANKS again, Tess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrl82
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006 05:53:43 PM »

Oh I like that pouch. Its pretty! Nice work Writer78. It nice to know you appreciate what you got enough to make something with it already. I cant wait to get my box!
Ashley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006 09:44:31 PM »

Writer78: YAY!! I am so glad to see some pics!! I am going to post something soon out of something you sent me....I just need to get my other (boring) obligations done so I can do something fun!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
Writer78
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006 05:22:09 AM »

I *hope* i can send tomorrow. I've started school again ( im a senior in highschool) and since I get off the bus at 4 (if Im lucky) and i cant drive, It is very hard to get to the post office Roll Eyes Sorry guys. I cant wait to get my package tho!!

Just make sure to let us know, grrl82!  The last day to send is Wednesday.

Also, if you like to sew, I can direct you to pouch-making instructions online.  I'm really happy with it; it works perfectly for my camera.  And I'm wearing the new skirt today and feeling oh-so-pretty!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006 01:06:28 PM »

I had another sewing binge weekend.  Along with the stack o' stuff I made, I used the reenactor fabric from Tess to make a new ren faire peasant chemise (using a Simplicity pattern):

ta-da!!  I'm so pleased with it!  There's just a small remnant of fabric left, perhaps enough to make a peasanty bonnet/hair covering.  I've gotten break out my patterns again and give it a shot!

re: supply shipping, grrl82 is awaitnig clarification from teh post office, which rather strangely announced that it's returning her package which was supposed to go to LuckyLally.  Here's hoping it all gets straightened out quickly.  We're also awaiting Lally's package reaching grrl82.  Then we can put this swap to bed!

I'd love to see more of what you are making from your new goodies, if you care to show us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrl82
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006 04:18:39 AM »

MY package reached LuckyLally! Who-oh! Now I dont have to worry anymore! Stupid post office for telling me they were going to return it!

Anyway, Im still waiting patiently for my package! I cant wait to get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
Writer78
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006 05:10:10 AM »

Excellent - thanks for the update, grrl82!

Lally, let's hear about/see what you got!  (Also, would you please PM me again with the DC# for grrl82's package?  When I put it in USPS, it came up "No record."  I'm hoping I just had the # wrong.  Thanks.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006 03:05:41 PM »

yahoo, all boxes have been received!!  Lally will post pics as soon as she can get her digital cam to cooperate with her computer.  grrl82's box ended up at her old address, but her mom lives there and will get the package to her soon.  So I'm counting each of these ladies' swap duties as complete and will leave them positive feedback.  I am looking forward to seeing what they received!

Please keep in mind, if you wish to post some stuff you've made with your new supplies, we'd all love to see!  I sent a camera pouch very similar to mine (posted earlier) to Bobolink, and she flipped over it, especially the gorgeous pink Asian print fabric from TessTessi.

This was an extremely fun and successful swap, and I thank you all for signing up and for taking such good care of your partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LuckyLally
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006 05:36:35 PM »

Lookie!!!
Grrl82 sent me all kinds of fun stuff to play with! Fabric,beads , yarn, and trims!

here is just a small view of all the fabric I got

and some of the beads trims and yarn

THANK YOU GRRL!!!! and thanks writer78 for organizing

this was a great first swap for me guys its been so fun seeing what you all got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006 07:08:42 PM »

Oooh!  I bet Tess is drooling over those buttons - I found out that she's crazy for buttons!   Grin

Great haul, Lally!  I'm so glad that you had a good first swap experience with us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mac and Cheese 2.0 Recipe
How to Make Cajun Style Mayonnaise
How to Make Cajun Style Shrimp Linguine
How to Make Cajun Gumbo
How to Cook Easy Cajun Cornbread
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...