A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small, Quick US Supply Swap Gallery  (Read 2101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« on: December 27, 2005 10:16:07 AM »

The first package is already in the mail.  Pics and descriptions will go here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005 02:26:37 PM »

I received my *treasure trove* from TessTessi!  I can't call it a "fabric stash" because that's not a big enough term - it's a "cavalcade of fabric!"

I told Tess that I love elegant fabrics, so she packed a huge box chock-full of gorgeous fabrics.  Check this out (that's my full-size sewing scissors on top, to give you an idea of just how big this stack is!):

These are generous-sized pieces; some are big enough that I will actually be able to make myself clothing from them.  We're talking complete, 1 1/2-2 yard cuttings!  The black/pink/white flowered will become a skirt; there is an incredible piece of reenactor-appropriate cream fabric that will likely become a costumey shirt or maybe a cozy nightshirt; and I may be able to create a poncho out of another.  Much of it will be used for my "uberpouches" - lined drawstring pouches big enough to be used as small purses.  There are at least ten fabrics here that went immediately into my fabric collection.  My favorites include: super dark green velvet; several burgundy Asian print silks; and a jaw-dropping embellished patchwork piece.  I can't believe how perfectly she hit my color preferences - there was so much burgundy and forest green, my two favorites!

The second pic shows the rest of the fabric still in the box (yes, there was more!) and some other little goodies - metal craft rings, bias tape, snaps, water soluable backing, lace, almost two yards of GORGEOUS fabric trim that is exactly my style.

And because she's a total doll, Tess added in a Christmas present for me - a bracelet!  It fits me perfectly; it's in a color I didn't have yet; and it has this perfect magnetic clasp that saves me from that awkward attempt to clasp a bracelet on one-handed.  (Please forgive the blurry pic - I got the digital cam for Christmas and am still learning the ins and outs of taking good pictures.)

I am having some "swap anxiety" now as I wait for her to receive my box.  I can't imagine a better surprise than this massive fabric haul; I can only hope she's anywhere near as happy with her box as I am with mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005 06:38:48 PM »

I am SO glad you loved what you got writer78!! I am glad some of my treasures found a good home!

I loved all the stuff writer78 sent to me!!!

All the fabrics:  My favorite is the crazy monkey fabric! I am actually very excited by some black interlock knit she sent me, I am going to make myself a top! I was just complaing that I don't have very many stretchy fabrics for tops!

All the papers:  I am in LOVE with the retro clue goodies. I am just getting into paper crafting, so I need to think what I can make! She loaded me up with awesome origami paper, and some cool historical dolls. I think my sister will totatlly dig them, she loves reenactment stuff.

All the knick knacks:  She sent me 5 altoids tins, 3 of which were full of little teeny treasures!! Seed beads, clue game pieces, necklace findings, BUTTONS!!!!!! and some baby scissors!! How did you KNOW I was SERIOUSLY OBSESSED with buttons? And little things. I love little things Smiley

The cats enjoying the ribbon she sent: Smiley

I loved everything you sent!!!   Thank you for being a great swap partner! And most of all, for being an OUTSTANDING swap coordinator!! Perfect in every way! I give you a 20 out of 10!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011 01:11:50 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
kundi

hooray for people

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006 04:25:13 PM »

Check out all the wonderfulness from Neliamne!  I think my favorite is the ribbon yarn. 

Here's a picture of the really cute japanese screen card she sent. 

I got the package today, and was only able to open it before having to run out to do errands.  The entire time I was at the bank and the post office all I could think about was what projects I could do with the yarn.  Also, you can't see them in the picture, but she sent me two packages of white glass beads!  I can't wait to make some crocheted earrings with them!  Thanks Neliamne!  I hope you enjoy the package I sent you as much as I have yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006 04:33:41 PM »

Oooh, good stuff!!  I love the ribbon yarn, too.  Have you decided what you're going to use it for?  I also really dig that olive green number in the middle.

THANKS for the check-ins today, ladies.  I'm so happy to hear that everyone is getting good results from this swap.  Sounds like all are on the track to finish early!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kundi

hooray for people

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006 04:58:16 PM »

I haven't decided what I want to use the ribbon yarn for.  I know I want to use the brown yarn for a scarf, the teal/purple yarn for a hat for my mom, but the other yarn I haven't decided what to do with yet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006 06:23:21 AM »

It's always fun to see what people end up making from their "new" supplies.  If you get a chance and want to show us what you come up with, feel free to post here.

From the first "craft crap" box I received a few months ago, I used the fabric for some pouches and for a cool purse with wooden handles.  I'm currently using some *sweet* paisley fabric from the second box for a hair scarf.  I've already been diving into Tess' fabric and made some camera pouches - my dad got me a digital camera for Christmas and also picked up one for him, so we both needed cases.  I'm also making one for Bobolink in a swap.

Four people have sent, two are almost ready to do so.  Can't wait to see the rest of the goodies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrl82
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006 07:55:14 PM »

I *hope* i can send tomorrow. I've started school again ( im a senior in highschool) and since I get off the bus at 4 (if Im lucky) and i cant drive, It is very hard to get to the post office Roll Eyes Sorry guys. I cant wait to get my package tho!!

I love the yarn!! I've been wanting to try some of the pink yarn (its lionbrand polarspun) but the only store i could find it at over charges a lot for their yarn. Even wool-ease worsted was 4 to 5 dollars Angry. The ribbion yarn is soo pretty!!

Tongue

Ashley
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006 07:58:25 PM by grrl82 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
Neliamne
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006 09:59:52 AM »

Here's what I got from kundi:

She had no way of knowing, but I've been searching high and low for my size US8 circular needle and couldn't find it to save my life- but she sent me one!  My favorite yarn is the grey/silver, it's really soft.  I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it yet, but I know I'll use it!
Thanks so much, kundi!
Jenn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kundi

hooray for people

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006 12:52:58 PM »

I'm psychic!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress Like Blair Waldorf
DIY Pretty Bow Sweater
Vintage Christmas Lookbook
Christmas Jumper Haul
How to Get a Santa-Inspired Look
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...