A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What music do you knit to?  (Read 3983 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

slowpockets
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005 04:32:41 PM »

I turn on my white noise machine.

oooohhh, what is that?  A White Noise Machine...That sounds awesome whatever it is. must google...

It's neither here nor there but I just read about a machine that samples the sound of your voice and plays all the intonations. What ends up happening is that it makes the sounds of your voice only it mixes up all the consonants and syllables so that it creates a string of gibberish. The point is that if your in the office and you don't want people to hear you, you play this contraption and talk on the phone (or someone right next to you) and no one can understand you. That's a terrible description, I know, I'll post the link later if I can find it.

Until then I've just recently discovered a band called Home Video and I think they're pretty good to knit to. Real mellow and repetitive, I guess it helps me count.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005 04:34:14 PM by slowpockets » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elextra
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005 04:47:30 PM »

What I knit to changes almost everyday, but most of the time it's a mix of Matthew Good/band, Metric, Horrorpops, Ani DiFranco, Controller Controller, Feist, the Dears and The Decemberists. The rest of my knitting music is gabber mixes. But I tend to watch movies and Gilmore Girls when I knit, more often than not. >_< It's kind of funny because my sister and I both knit at the same time, watching the same show (Gilmore Girls) without even noticing it. And, we just found out that her best friend also does it.

It's like a cult or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_emancipation_of_mima

Go George! Go Weezy!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005 05:00:05 PM »

Right now I'm knitting to my Mom's mix CD (Beyonce, Babyface, etc...) but usually I knit to the sound of my little brother's Paul Wall CD blaring through the walls. I usually knit watching HGTV, and not to any music.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If everybody jumped off of a bridge, would you jump off too?"

"Well if by 'everybody', you mean 'Oprah'.....well, yes."
handlethis
Monica

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005 05:03:07 PM »

haha...i wish my sisters OR FRIEND knew how to knit....Im always yarn/craft shopping on my own...which I really don't mind because I usually do my own thing anyways...plus my friends and family arnt the crafty type.....so they usually RUSH me while in joanns or stores like it...ohh look gilmore girls is on..haha [im not knitting..tho]

i usually knit to....random music downloaded on my computer...or if im traveling....i like to shuffel songs on my ipod...mostly alternative rock....or some inde stuff i got at a craft show i did a few weeks ago.

but when i have a favorite show on tv...i can usually knit while i watch tv...

knitting in silence..??...i would love to try that but my dogs are 'barkers'..and bark at every little noise if its quiet...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005 05:06:06 PM by handlethis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ariane
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005 06:36:10 PM »

I listen to the TV, unless I'm in the car...it's all about Jack Johnson, U2, Rolling Stones, Beatles or Elton John...hell, I just have the iPod on shuffle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wicked_stitches.typepad.com/wicked_stitches/

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley
flamgirlant
just your average crafty broad

I may be a woman but I ain't no lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005 07:16:45 PM »

Lately I've been knitting to Sufjan Stevens, Hanne Hukkelberg, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Go! Team, Mighty Sparrow and Langhorne Slim.  Anything indie works just fine for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatieCarousel
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005 07:20:28 PM »

i normallhy knit to aerosmith, eyeball skeleton, bleach, demon hunter, the clash, the star wars soundtracks (i own the cds from the original trilogy ^_^), blue collar comedy cd's  and depending on the complexity of the pattern i watch movies (mostly young frankenstein, the suicide club, shaun of the dead, hihi puffy amiyumi, invader zim)

weeee knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005 07:26:13 PM »

i like to listen to tool, ,a perfect circle, mars volta, system of a down,nine inch nails, smashing pumpkins... old 90's alternative... but i can pretty much listen to anything... except pop.. or rap... ew....  i like the shuffle feature on things then you get a wide variety...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tamantha
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005 03:47:26 AM »

Usually, I like to knit to something mellow with a bit of an edge. Lately, I've been knitting to-

Joni Mitchell
Tori Amos
Sufjan Stevens
Fourplay (an awesome string quartet who play music by the Beastie Boys and Metallica, to name just two)
PJ Harvey
Silverchair

I also like to knit while watching DVDs. Family Guy Season Three is a favourite right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005 04:12:48 AM »

I have to knit to something calm, which has a steady beat. Like the blues! Mostly Sarah Vaughan.

I can make you love me, if you let me, you'll never resist...I can make you happy, that you met me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Beauty Pageant Pictures
3-Step Storytelling Method
John Baldessari Explains Unusual Framing of His Work
Meet Food Photographer Carl Warner
The Art of Food Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...