A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fleece Jacket  (Read 3560 times)
Tags for this thread: fleece  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2005 08:22:31 PM »

Here is a fleece jacket I did in school in textile and apparel, myl teacher gave me a D, cuz i wasnt going to make the deadline, so I took it home and finished, she said she gave me that cuz it didnt look like my sewing and someone else could of sewn it, so tell me what you think :police:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009 10:50:29 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheWorldFamous

Gotta Love Me Cuz I'm Famous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005 08:57:06 PM »

I think it looks pretty good, and I also think your teacher is a ***@#$*$*#&$*#*#*$&%!  I'd beat the poop out of her for you, because she sounds like a prick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005 10:01:57 PM »

She gave you a D because she thought it didn't look like your sewing?!?!?!?!??! What is one person's sewing supposed to specifically look like?

I think it's really nice...I <3 fleece! Your teacher has some kind of problem if she doesn't like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
SillyLittleSquirrels

Coco says: Adopt a dog from your local shelter!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005 11:04:27 PM »

sorry I'm laughing but not about what you said
I think it looks pretty good, and I also think your teacher is a ***@#$*$*#&$*#*#*$&%!  I'd beat the poop out of her for you, because she sounds like a prick.
hahah! lol you had me laughing really hardly, and I keep looking up at it, reading it, then laughing again. and again. and again. omg i have to stop reading it!
Seriously, your teacher is stupid for giving you a D. I mean, does it seem like your the type of person to take it home and have someone else sew it? If you are, well then maybe she has reason to be suspicious. But I highly doubt you are.
Think of it as a compliment , even if it's a D. She didn't think it was yours cause it was so good! Actually, that doesn't sound like much of a compliment. It depends how you see it i guess Tongue
Back to the actual sweater, it's nice, and fuzzy looking, and something I can easily see myself lounging around it at home. And so warm... hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And those seen dancing were thought insane by those that could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005 07:45:02 AM »

Thank everyone one of you leaving me a comment.  She made me mad, but she should realize if someone could of sewn at my house, I wouldnt even have tooken her class, I took it to learn to sew and thread my machine because no one else at home could.  But, I'm gald you like.  It really is warm, I had tooken up the arms but they still pass my hands, I love it, and at the bottom, I took it up also because it went pass my knees, lol, because Im so shooort
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005 04:20:06 PM »

"Never let schooling get in the way of education." (I forget who said that, maybe Einstein)...my son has it written across his notebook.  Anyway, the fact that you can now sew something so great is way important than a stupid grade. Don't worry about it.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatieTheDaffodil
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005 06:17:08 PM »

"Never let schooling get in the way of education." (I forget who said that, maybe Einstein)...my son has it written across his notebook.  Anyway, the fact that you can now sew something so great is way important than a stupid grade. Don't worry about it.  Wink

It was Mark Twain.

And as a fellow Textiles student, I understand exactly how stupid it is. I made a skirt (I'll post pictures when I've finished the detail) and I got graded at C because it was 'technically perfect'. Stupid, a C for something perfect. Apparently I was 'too inexperienced and immature' to sew to that standard. It didn't cross the teacher's mind( any thoughts that do, have to make a very lonely journey) that I spent 2 days making it, and I had been altering T-shirts for 3 years, so I was pretty good on a machine compared to my class. My Mother went in and complained. Yet she refused 2 up my grade. Silly Bi**h.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005 06:31:47 PM »

I know what u mean, my mom couldnt believe she gave me that grade, oh well I'm just going to keep sewing because its fun,lol thanks for the comments Cheesy Grin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jaci
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005 06:47:42 PM »

"Never let schooling get in the way of education." (I forget who said that, maybe Einstein)...my son has it written across his notebook. 

Hmmm....I believe it was Mark Twain. Good one, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lawyer2b
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005 09:26:13 PM »

Soon, I think it looks great. I cannot believe what a great job. All I can say is give that teach some glasses, and keep sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fun Magnetic Keepsake Boards for Kids
Skeleton T-Shirt Costume
How to Make Halloween Specimen Jars
How to Create Paper Pumpkins
How to Make a Trick-or-Treat Bag
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...