A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: present for close friend who is moving away  (Read 619 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

forestpine
« on: December 25, 2005 02:49:00 PM »

Hi

I am new here...so hello! This is a fantastic place just discovered. Hope I am posting this in the right spot!

A friend of mine is moving away to teach at a boarding school and she will live there too so won't have much of her own space....she is really worried about going and is expecting to be homesick.

She loves all things to do with natural world, the sea, inspiring words (poems) and I want to put together a gift make something that will work both to say how much i appreciate her and her friendship but will also be something she can refer to when she might need some comfort. Perhaps I need a few things....

I am quite stuck though...any ideas of nice leaving/encouragement gifts for good friends?

thanks for reading
sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SillyLittleSquirrels

Coco says: Adopt a dog from your local shelter!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005 03:00:10 PM »

What are your main area of "expertise"? Maybe make something that saves space and reminds her of home, like one of those cool bulletin things where there are X's of ribbon so you can slip pictures under, and include some pictures? Sorry I don't know what it's called, though I know some craftster has made something like this. Maybe you could make a "Insert the city/area you live in here" in a box, and include favourite places you guys hung out and had good times. Or you could make her cookies/munchies. I know when I got homesick, food was my friend  Wink though you  might want to make it a healthy snack. I realise that all these things don't really have to do with the things she loves, but maybe you could adapt them by putting inspirational words in them (maybe write a line on the bulletin board, cut and paste magazine letters onto the "___" in a box, or OO!! make fortune cookies... heh that ones a little carried away.) And if you're the artsy type, maybe you can draw a picture of a beautiful sunset on an ocean etc etc. Hope I could help! 

Smiley hehe he has a Santa hat! I'm gonna have to erase that l8r when the hats are all gone and I'll seem like a nutcase...

Cheerio,
T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And those seen dancing were thought insane by those that could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
KatofRedKittyDesigns

The Kitten is IN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005 09:32:35 PM »

if you can do calligraphy, print out some poems on regular printer paper and just do the titles by hand in some fun way. Paste them in a book/journal, add pictures and write down memories ("10 things to never forget we did"...etc), and put the addresses and phone no. of her closest friends, including you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a llama.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Pear-Shaped Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Petite Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Athletic Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Flat-Chested Women
How to Shop for a Swimsuit
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...