A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
762 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Wrapping Paper!!  (Read 1289 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elliealgar
« on: December 25, 2005 07:00:59 AM »

Hmm, I find it odd I've yet to find a thread already started about this, but what can I do with wrapping paper left over from Christmas!?! Other than saving it to wrap presents again I'm drawing blank for some really cool something to do with it. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
racehorse87
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005 10:41:46 PM »

You can make paper beads!

I also used little bits and pieces when I was making a bookmark for the bookmark swap.

Do origami?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SillyLittleSquirrels

Coco says: Adopt a dog from your local shelter!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005 10:52:43 PM »

- cover binders, books etc. Though this might be too christmas-y for the rest of the year. (or you could use the back side, so you can draw on it)
- MAKE MINI bOAT HATS like those news paper hats... hehehehhe!!
- make a one-use-only skirt for the fun of it, and twirl around for a while until it starts tearing and then you have to take it off
- tear strips and roll them into well err.. rolls and then make one really long roll and try to crochet/knit with it
(can you tell I'm the queen of unreasonable and very hard ideas?)
- "laminate" (aka bring out the clear duct tape) the paper and make little crafts like wallets and pencil cases and all that good stuff

That's all I can think up now, but I'm sure in the middle of the night I will wake up and think of something wonderfully excellent, and it will keep me up all night worrying wether I should creep downstairs and post it, or try to go back to sleep. And I will most probably chose neither, and stay trapped in a horrible between ideas stages until its about 3 in the morning and i fall asleep finally exhausted.

Other ideas, to just reduce all the wrapped paper madness is to buy tons of those gift bags, lots and lots of different sizes, and just reuse and reuse them every year. And if you buy those, you might buy tissue paper, and you just might make a fairy pixie skirt.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And those seen dancing were thought insane by those that could not hear the music. ~Nietzsche
dayzi

Proud momma of 2 Boston Terriers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005 03:49:16 PM »

Cut out the images for decopauging ornaments, boxes, frames, scrapbooking, etc. Alot of the kids wrapping paper isn't too Christmasy. I'm actually saving some disney princess wrapping paper and plan on cutting out the princesses for a bottle lamp I plan on making as a b-day gift for my little cuz.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShardaeDobby
HP extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005 04:51:32 PM »

use the christmasy wrapping paper (or any for that matter) to collage a poster/foam board, buy a clo9ck mechanism and use it as a clock!

Happy New Year![/glow]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ride across the Black Lake to the Fall Harry Potter Craftalong
almost_lk

Oh yeah, I'm a 'Dovee.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005 10:17:33 PM »

You could use the extra wrapping paper to make some awesome homemade paper. Rip up the paper, and stick it in a blender with some water. Then squish it between two screens in a basin of water, and let it dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honorhappy
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005 02:58:54 AM »

Shred it for confetti/packing paper
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LSTinVA
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005 04:14:09 AM »

Save it for July and have a "Christmas in July" party!

Have a post-holiday "white elephant" gift exchange (you and friends wrap an unused gift that you don't need and swap it with one another -- one person's trash is another's treasure!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Art of Embroidery
Introduction to Yarn Sizes
How to Make Plates
How to Make Vases
Glass Blowing in Red Hook, Brooklyn
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...