A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Men's Clothing and Patterns  (Read 3387 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

toyshirts

Boys Knit Better

View Profile WWW
« on: December 24, 2005 03:04:36 PM »

Okay, I'm a boy. I sew, knit, crochet and silkscreen. Well, when I come on Craftster, I would like to be able to see any men's clothes that have been made. But when you search for it, it's mostly "Men's T-shirt reconned into cute skirt!!!" This is sucky for me. And I know I"m not alone.

Men's knitting, crochet and sewing patterns are so few compared to the women's stuff, and I need the inspiration. Make us poor crafty boys a category all of our own... Pweeeeease!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Since when do boys knit?"
"Umm... Ancient Egypt."
IndividualFrog

the petals will darken and sink

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006 03:06:18 AM »

This is true and it it would be nice, though the men's board would be pretty empty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

夢も後なく夜も明けて、村雨と聞きしもけさ見れば、松風ばかりや残るらん、松風ばかりや残るらん
John deBoer Custom
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006 10:38:27 AM »

It would be nice for some of us girls though.

It's kind of a pain finding decent *comfortable* patterns for menswear.

Am back to hunting a decent base pattern for a *shirt* again.  And once I find one I'm dropping the Coffin shirt book on it to make it work right...

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Coo Coo the Bird Girl
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006 01:44:05 PM »

Oh my! I am with you on wanting a male section.  I'm a girl, and challenged to find/make great clothes for my husband.  Chicks most assuredly have the advantage in the cool clothes category. 

So, now I'm on a mission to recon, or make from scratch something faboo for my man to post!

...I will say that many posts can be unisex, but for guy stuffs, like pants, etc., it would be cool to have a section like the curvy crafters.  So much inspiration flows through my veins because of Craftser and the amazing folks on here, a guys section might make my head explode.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
southerlywind
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006 09:37:29 AM »

This really makes a lot of sense.  I want to make a shirt for a male friend, as a gift, but I can't find any *simple* men's shirt ideas, and I'm not really one for using patterns.  I think we definitely need a place to discuss men's clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xcriot
Don't mind if I do..

MMMbop, It's like an addiction.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006 07:59:50 AM »

Good idea!! I like making clothes ect, for male friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If these walls came crumblin' down
Fell so hard, to make us lose our faith
From what's left you'd figure it out
Still make lemonade taste like a sunny day
ooglyboo
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006 02:24:43 PM »

Ahaha. I was just going to suggest this. I'm a guy and 14 and can never find any tutorials to make cool guy clothes.  I knit, crochet and want to start sewing and stenciling. I end up making my own knitting and crochet patterns 'cause it's so hard to find guy patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kityeyes
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006 10:03:44 AM »

i think this is a really good idea because even if most everyone is girls on here..we have boyfriends..husbands..dads...friends that our guys and whatever else that we want to make things for and even if someone does post things for guys its quickly covered up by some cute dress...so if it had its own board that would be SO much easier to find things for us girls and the guys out there..and maybe could even get more guys on here...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006 09:06:05 AM »

Glad to find where the guys are hanging out on Craftster - hello brothers!  I agree that this board would be useful, but what I often do is just take a pattern off a shirt or whatever that fits well, and then copy it in more interesting fabrics, appliqu it, make it in patchwork or whatever takes my fancy.  It's really not difficult to make a pattern from a favourite shirt - just remember to add back the seam allowances!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
magenta_60
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006 10:18:39 AM »

Sorry if it has already been suggested, but I've noticed a lot of clothing made for boyfriends, fathers, brothers...  perhaps a Menswear section would be helpful?  Yes, no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairapy Ep 106: Heidi
Hair How To: Structured Chignon
Rock Out With Cotton Candy-Colored Hair This Summer
Hairapy Ep 105: Jennifer
How to Get a Red Carpet Ready Hairdo
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...