A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nightmare Before Christmas Swap - Round 2 - Swap Gallery  (Read 6384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2005 11:22:40 AM »

Post pics of your new stash here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistress_batty
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005 03:31:14 PM »

That's my awesome package from my partner Shaina! Well, most of it is here anyways. lol There's an amazing scarf (I am so in love with the Tim Burton stripes) and a Jack skellington head for a necklace. The one thing that isn't pictured is a pair of wrist warmers / fingerless mittens. They're knit, black, and each one has a felt Jack head on  them. <3 They're in the wash right now...I've been wearing them out. I've been wearing them a lot lately. It's been sooo rainy and cold, they're perfect for walking and riding the bus. Thanks so much Shaina. I love it all!
   ^v^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Coyotelady
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005 03:34:14 PM »

I'll repost what I sent Girlwonder later tonight.  I'm on my fiance's comp cause my comp decided to spaz so it's taking a time out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aquariann
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005 09:22:50 PM »

That scarf is so very lovely! I can't wait to see what everyone else made. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when my wings finally tatter and fall, drown me in the sea.
but for now, float with me at aquariann.com

*find my fantasy art on magnets, bookmarks, cards, and more at my Etsy shop*
Coyotelady
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005 06:48:18 AM »

This is the Sally doll that I made for girlwonder.  She has a hand colored dress, painted face, and I used embroidery floss for her stitches.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
goatgoddess
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005 07:19:25 AM »

The scarf is so nice and the Sally doll is amazing!

I got my stuff from a most wonderful swap angel - BatGrrl - she was so sweet to send me somthing.

They are Pumkin Jack head orniments which are so well done and nice and two potholders - the sewing is so nice and love the fabric. So thick and nice - will be fighting hubby over them <G>

Will post pic's tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006 04:11:39 PM »

I had the most wonderful swap angel - BatGrrl !

Thanks so much - I've been carefully showing off my swap items to everyone that has come over during the holidays and everyone is most jealous <G>

5 of the greatest Jack onries I've ever seen and two potholders - one is like Sally's dress and the other is different spooky black fabic - this picture does not show the wonderful crafting done on this. The stiching on the potholders is so nicely done and the faces - I just love them.  I couldn't be any happier with a package!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2006 04:13:35 PM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006 04:26:59 PM »

Those jack ornaments are brilliant! I know what I'll have to get my boyfriend for christmas next year... Roll Eyes (this year he got a corpse bride figurine, and a santa jack figurine, and he worships both those presents)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
scrappygirl085
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006 03:24:41 AM »

For Christmas my husband gave me quite an ARRAY of Jack items...scarf, skully hat, fingerless gloves, 2 shirts & a cool purse!  Too bad too many items at one time just makes a person look crazy!!!!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006 03:29:00 PM »

so i'm bored and i thought i'd post what i sent to whiskey  Grin mind you, it's just small project since i wasn't in the swap

basic altoid covered with nightmare wrapping paper Smiley

inside. i tried to get creative and use regular scotch tape to make a stencil.. doesn't really work as well as i'd hope

close up of the names

and because you can't send empty tins, i bought a pack of fake nails and painted them with nightmare characters/backgrounds. that thing at the bottom is the glue. haha, i think it's a good thing these pictures can't show too much detail. i'm not much of an artist
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
goatgoddess
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006 08:03:51 PM »

That is very cool - I think you did a great job on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NJcrafter
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006 09:37:11 PM »

This is what I got in the mail.  SOOOO awesome.

A lil jack pillow and some nbc pencils

A little goody for my tree

Front of wristcuff

Back of wrist cuff.  

Ill send you the dc tomm.  Im sooo tired.  I really wanted to post these though
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BatGrrl
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006 11:53:25 PM »

goatgoddess,

Glad you liked the goodies.  This is what the one that didn't make it looked like:

Oops!  And that's why I left that infernal tray out.  Undecided

As I told you, my husband cracked a joke about that being the most appropriate face to get damaged.   Roll Eyes

Pieces,

Joanne

*Edited to fix broken picture links.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007 11:08:27 PM by BatGrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
giddygirlie

not to be confused with giggly girlie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006 11:01:03 AM »

I recieved my goodies from Lespaulgirl. You can view all of them full-size on my Flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/giddygirlie/page4/ (I have also posted the ones that I sent).

There was a bracelet with a shrinky-sink Zero charm, and a necklace with a shrinky-dink Oogie Boogie, as well as a set of srinky-dink Jack pins. I also received a black satin make-up bag with Boogie embroidered on it and a white scarf with Jack's face. These all came in a denim handbag, hand-embellished with the graveyard scene with Zero.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006 12:11:55 PM »

oh wow! that denim bag looks so great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
dabba
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006 08:27:19 PM »

YAY my first post!  The stuff is amazing!  I LOVE Jack...  if only I were not married and dead...
Great job and love it all.  Just wish I knew about this site many moons ago Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dabba

Make all my err... your wists come true!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=92708.0

Starting a "Craftster Blanket" and want more squares??  Give your thought here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=92559.0
Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006 08:13:04 AM »

****I have found someone...thanks for all the responses!  Thanks Tinted!*****

I have yet another flaker.  I can do half a package for their partner, can someone else do the other half?  Please pm me if you can help out! 

Thanks,
Whit
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006 05:11:25 PM by Whiskey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006 11:24:42 PM »

just wanted to post to say that i received my package from whiskey!! i'll have to take pictures later, but it looks great! thanks whitney Smiley
p.s. i got two glass plates with my two favorite images pasted onto the back (the curly hill, and oogie boogie)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
aquariann
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006 04:17:33 PM »

Thanks to Whiskey for finding me a wonderful swap angel!

And thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much to Tinted, for all the Nightmare Before Christmas goodness.

I love it all...the magnets look wicked on my refrigerator, the anklet looks smashing around my ankle, and I can't wait to write in the book and stationary. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tinted
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006 04:26:16 PM »

I am so glad that you got everything safely Grin I am ecstatic that you liked it all. This swap was awesome, I would love to participate if anyone is going to be doing a round  3 ??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aquariann
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006 08:54:02 PM »

Whiskey! I just tried to PM you, but it's malfunctioning and saying you don't exist. Grrrr! So here's what I was trying to tell you...

*Whit! I got your package and it is AMAZING. You really are too much. Thank you SO much! How on earth did you do the jar and the plates? They're so wonderful. My camera battery is charging as we speak, so I'll try to get some pictures posted as soon as possible. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I do love everything insanely much.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006 06:55:11 PM »

a bit belated, but worth the wait Smiley

here's a pictures of the beautiful dishes that whiskey sent me! she used my two favorite images from the movie: oogie against the moon, and the main title

thanks again whiskey!!

if the picture if too small, you can check my gallery for a better picture
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011 01:12:15 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006 04:44:33 AM »

Whiskey! I just tried to PM you, but it's malfunctioning and saying you don't exist. Grrrr! So here's what I was trying to tell you...

*Whit! I got your package and it is AMAZING. You really are too much. Thank you SO much! How on earth did you do the jar and the plates? They're so wonderful. My camera battery is charging as we speak, so I'll try to get some pictures posted as soon as possible. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I do love everything insanely much.*

I am glad you like everything...that is wierd that it is saying that I don't exist.  I would love it if you could post pictures of everything, because I had a doh moment after I packed it up...forgot to take pictures!

Whit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BatGrrl
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006 08:34:08 PM »

I wasn't an official participant in this swap, but I swap-angeled goatgoddess, and in return she sent me a very cool package.  The contents must be shared!

At the top of the fused picture is a wicked-cool candle holder.  In the first pic, you'll see it's got Jack on the front and cool swirly silver glitter paint layers on the other sides, sort of like snow in Christmasland.  As you can see from the second two pics, it looks great with a candle in it--Jack gets that warmer moonlight look, and the silvery sides come to life like dancing demons in relation to the texture of the paint.  Like I said, wicked-cool.

Down and to the left are a set of wonderful Jack-faced tacks with different expressions on them (one of them is definitely replacing the tack that's currently holding up the Corpse Bride calendar).  What was even cooler is that I realized they GLOW IN THE DARK!!!!! You can almost see that in the picture right below them, though it didn't reproduce as well as you can see it--they really glow great!  And you can still see the faces in the dark when they glow!

On the right side is a fabulous bookmark with Sally hair, plus cool green accents that match the bookmarks' background.  It's a great combination of colors and textures, and it came exactly when I needed a bookmark and didn't feel up to dealing with my current desk-mess to find one.  Oddly coincidental....

And finally, down in the lower right, these great magnets for the fridge--beautiful scenes and great textures again!

Hallow-Christmas in March!  Thanks, goatgoddess--this package rocked!

Pieces,

Joanne

*Edited to fix broken picture links.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011 01:12:02 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
goatgoddess
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006 03:47:00 AM »

So glad you liked everything - very sweet of you to post pic's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Concept of Exposure Latitude
Office Production Assistant - Job Guide
Set Production Assistant Job Guide
How to Get a Production Assistant Job
What the Art Department on a Film Set Does
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...