A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small, Quick U.S. Supply Swap - FULL, signups closed  (Read 1291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« on: December 23, 2005 08:04:20 AM »

Swap name:  Small, Quick U.S. Supply Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Writer78
Sign-up date range:  12-23-05 - 12-30-06
Date to send item by:  1-11-06

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  6

Non-U.S. participants allowed?  No - US only, please

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages OK

Details of swap:

My "craft crap/craft junk" supply has swelled again.  With the new year starting, I want to clean it out and swap for some different stuff.  However, I can't commit to wrangling a big swap with lots of people and international shipping, so I am doing a very small swap for US people with a tight deadline.  (Note: if the restrictions on this swap annoy or offend you, please start a swap of your own with the guidelines that you prefer.)

"Just what am I agreeing to, Writer78??"

If you sign up, you must agree to:

-Send a mid-to-large size box of usable craft supplies/junk (it's leftovers from your collection, so it won't be brand-new quality, but please don't send tiny strips of fabric or almost-empty spools of thread, for example.)
-Buy a delivery confirmation # (it costs 55 cents, and we'll all be US-based, so no exceptions - remember, this protects you from looking like a flaker if your package goes missing in the mail)
-Mail out on time (no exceptions)
-Send a PM of thanks to your sender and post a photo and/or description in the gallery
-You probably won't want to keep every last item you are sent, so you are hereby free to "regift" supplies in a later craft junk swap or to give supplies away to friends/Freecycle or to throw supplies away.  (Once you receive a box of supplies, it's yours, and I don't want you to feel embarrassed or bad if you don't keep/use them.)

Feedback will be as follows:

- Positive with note "Followed rules perfectly" if you send on time, get DC#, and PM your partner when you send and when you receive
- Positive with "Came through but weak communication" if you send on time, get DC, but fail to PM when you send and when you receive
- Positive with "Came through but no DC" if you send on time, communicate, but no DC
- Positive with "Came through but late" if you send late
- Negative if you dont' send and dont' respond to communication

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

Name of swap:  Quick U.S. Supply Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Are there any crafts you simply don't do, such that supplies for this craft would be wasted if sent to you?
Are there any items that would be morally offensive to you (edgy/provocative stuff, animal products, etc.)?
Any allergies?
Anything else you would like your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Those who have sent are in red; those who have received/posted to the gallery/gotten feedback are in green:

Writer78 <---> TessTessi
kundi <---> Neliamne
grrl82 <---> LuckyLally
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006 04:20:52 PM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005 09:01:39 AM »

what size box are we thinking miss 78?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
Writer78
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005 09:16:54 AM »

what size box are we thinking miss 78?  Smiley

Hmm, i'm thinking at least double the size of a shoebox.  I think when I send out partners, I will advise that you discuss with your partner before you send, so that no one ends up feeling disappointed by what they receive.

As for me, I've got a big ol' mess of supplies, so I'm up for a bigger trade!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005 09:58:18 AM »

I just measured box I plan to use - it's 8 inches tall, 12 inches wide, and 15 inches long.  It isn't filled to the top, but it's getting close.

This box is definitely on the big side, so don't worry that your partner will want to trade this much.  Also, Cookies and I learned in Craft Crap 2 that it's smart to reuse the same box - one person fills a box, wraps it in brown paper, and sends.  The other receives, unloads, reloads, turns the paper inside out, re-addresses, and sends.  If one of you is ready to send earlier than the other, you can do this, if you're comfortable with the arrangement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrl82
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005 10:56:23 PM »

hey, whats the size that usps or what ever sends on a flat rate? Cause craft stuff can get really heavy, depending on what your sending. Also, you can send stuff you dont particularly want right? I have some fabric that is potentially cute but just not my thing. Is that sort of thing allowed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
Writer78
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005 07:39:27 AM »

<hey, whats the size that usps or what ever sends on a flat rate?>

I don't know.  In previous swaps, I've seen people spend approx $10 on shipping big boxes of craft junk.  It may sound like a lot, but considering that you don't need to buy anything else for this swap, it's not too bad; regular swaps can be pricier.  So long as you have the DC and let your partner know the estimated delivery date, you're OK.  Just don't choose a shipping rate that will take, say, 4 weeks to arrive!   Wink

<you can send stuff you dont particularly want right? I have some fabric that is potentially cute but just not my thing. Is that sort of thing allowed?>

Oh, it's encouraged!!  I wouldn't want you to send away stuff you wanted for another project or stuff you were in love with.  The idea of this swap is to allow you to clear out your unwanted supplies without having to throw stuff in the garbage, and your partner then gets a box of freebies to paw through, keeping what she wants and giving/throwing away what she doesn't.

I have been in two of these swaps, and in both, I ended up keeping about half of what was in teh box and putting the rest on freecycle.  Freecyclers were enthusiastic and picked up my leftovers right away.  Later on, I found that I would use some of what I had saved, and then I would end up giving away some of what I had saved from the swap and didn't use, after all.

Because you're taking a gamble on whether you'll get anything you like, I encourage sending large amounts of stuff.  That way, hopefully everyone comes away with something they can use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl

whatever it takes...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005 04:42:10 PM »

ill have to think about this one...I'm afraid i won't get anything i can use (I'm really picky). but i do have lots of stuff i don't need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessterri
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005 06:04:02 PM »

I'm interested.  I have so much stuff that I've accumulated just over the past year alone.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005 06:15:19 AM »

One person has backed out, so we now have one more space open!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005 06:40:02 AM »

WOW, that was quick - got our sixth person, so we're closed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Helen Vs. Cleopatra, from Tim Gunn
Tim Gunn on Petite Fashion
When Tim Gunn Discovered Fashion
Tim Gunn on Flattering Your Figure
What To Wear In Transitional Weather, from Tim Gunn
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...