A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [ACCEPTED] - Suggestions for the new bookmark feature  (Read 11618 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2005 05:21:30 PM »

Personally, I think it would be nice to have labelled folders in your bookmarks, so you could find a specific project more easily.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012 10:26:15 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006 04:22:48 PM »

I like the folders idea.

Also if we could bookmark entire boards, like the ones I normally check, like the Embroidery ones, Pet Crafts, etc.   It would help when I just have a few minutes on the computer and could really quickly get to the boards I want to check.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006 01:38:02 PM »

first and foremost, i love love LOVE the bookmarks feature. it's so handy! thanks for adding it, leah!

it would rock super-hardcore, though, if there were some way to sort the bookmarks we have. while it's handy to have the ones with the newest comments on the top, i sometimes forget why i have something bookmarked until i look at the thread and go, "oh yeah, there's that tute i wanted" or "that gave me an awesome idea." if we could have folders that we could sort, manage, and place various threads in, it would be really handy. i'm not sure how much work it would be to do this (i'm guessing a lot!), but i know i would appreciate and use the crap outta a feature like this. whaddya other craftsters think?

i found a suggestion kinda like this on this thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=69341.0, but i wasn't sure if this was the same thing they were talking about. plus, it's an old thread anyways. sorry mods, if i posted this outta place. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
CraftsyFattie
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006 06:07:22 PM »

Agreed it would rock super-hardcore. Grin

I do like the bookmarks feature, I am so grateful for it, but yeah I have a ton of things bookmarked, and it would be nice if I could somehow organize them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marleah
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006 07:23:07 AM »

I've thought this too - tagging bookmarks would be great! If we could get that, it would be awesome. If the software doesn't do that, or for some other reason it's not possible, one alternative would be to use del.icio.us (http://del.icio.us) to bookmark the posts that you want. I haven't tried it for forum posts, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. With del.icio.us, you can add your own description about the bookmark ("I got the idea for that crochet project from post #7") and then add tags to it (maybe tag all the craftster posts with a "craftster" tag so you can pull them from your other bookmarks more easily?) ... Anyway, just thought that might help, if anyone is interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006 12:17:39 PM »

Folders would be great. I have so many things bookmarked, its becoming hard to find things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007 07:20:12 PM »

Folder *would* be awesome. I wrote that feature in from scratch and it would take a loooong time to make it have bookmarks capabilities. Adding labels would be easier though. Maybe I could do that. I bet that the software we use here will eventually have a built-in bookmark system with folders!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007 12:34:00 PM »

I thought it might be fun if a thread also kept count of number of bookmarks along with number of replies and number of views.  Not crucial by any stretch of the imagination...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marmota-b

Tove Jansson's ghost was the first craftster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007 01:47:45 AM »

I was thinking about something similar today... it can be listed alphabetically by topic. What about an option to list it also by category? I think it shouldn't be so difficult... though I know absolutely nothing about programming.
Because, unfortunatelly, the topic often doesn't say anything about the project, it often just says something about the colour etc...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://marmota-b.blogspot.com

And my original Czech blog, nowadays updated VERY occasionally...
http://marmota-b.blog.cz
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007 05:34:37 PM »

I don't know about you, but I've bookmarked A LOT of threads on Craftster and my bookmarks are way out of control. It'd be cool if there was a way to organize them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Favorite Summer Lipsticks
Favorite Lip Colors and Bronzers for Summer
French Riviera Summer Makeup Tutorial
Must Have Summer Lipstick Shades
Beach Peach Makeup Tutorial for Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...