A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,316
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who is in holiday trouble right now?  (Read 1958 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

uglythreads

ugly threads make pretty things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 22, 2005 10:37:20 AM »

Well, I know some of us craftsters are of a procrastinatin' type, and the most popular of the wintertime holidays (Christmas!) is upon us in a mere 3 days time. So here's the question I'll put to all of you:

How many WIPs, UFOs, ideas that have not been started, promised crafts, etc. do you have to finish? And just how crazy are you to think you can do it?

For myself, here is my current to-do before Christmas day list:

1 half-finished scarf, cable knit & seed stitch.
2 stripey kids' scarves that need fringe and woven-in ends
3 hats to go with the above projects. i've really sort of given up on this idea, but, you know, Christmas miracles...
2 pairs of slippers, which will also appear only in miracleland
finally, and most dauntingly, I have promised a Prom Dress for the sister. It's all in one (okay, two) pieces at the moment. But is without the dreaded zipper, completed straps, or lace underlay.

Oh, and i haven't finished my shopping, either, and i have to actually go home on Saturday, where my sewing machine and the majority of my knitting supplies will not be able to follow. *Worry*

Answer to part two "How crazy am I?" : A lot crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote Captain Badass: "I am setting your heart on fire, so when you leave me I will burn on in your soul."
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005 10:48:53 AM »

Well, I know some of us craftsters are of a procrastinatin' type, and the most popular of the wintertime holidays (Christmas!) is upon us in a mere 3 days time. So here's the question I'll put to all of you:

How many WIPs, UFOs, ideas that have not been started, promised crafts, etc. do you have to finish? And just how crazy are you to think you can do it?

One DNA Cable scarf, currently 1/5 completed.
One Liesel Lace scarf, currently 7/8 completed, but needs finishing, weaving in ends and blocking.
One TBD lace scarf, which will not get done because everything goes out on Christmas Eve this year.
Baby Ugg Booties, which may or may not get done.
A few hats for the same baby, which probably won't get done until far after the holidays.
A Clapotis for my MIL, which is now a Mother's Day present.

I'm utterly insane, considering I can only manage about 1-2 hours a day TOPS to knit.  Sometimes I get no time at all.  Luckily, I'll have about 6 hours of non-driving tomorrow to work on the DNA scarf.

Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
goatgoddess
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005 10:49:39 AM »

I'm in a little better shape than you are - but there have been years where I've been there  Undecided

I still have two mosaic stepping stones to do, and need to finish grinding and finish the color on a large metal pcs (horse with colt) Got my other stepping stone done last night.

I did have only one stepping stone to do but couldn't find anything for my hubby's mom and brother so they are both getting stepping stones. his mom is a big Texas U fan so she is getting a longhorn with a rose in it's mouth (stepping stone) and his brother is cowboy everything - so he is getting a stepping stone with a cowboy at sunset.

Got 99% of shopping done - oh and we live in Texas so that is why all the cowboy type stuff <G> 

There is one thing that isn't going to get done before Christmas - I gave up on it last week - a kitty cat tree skirt for a friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005 10:57:08 AM »

LOL!!!  Yeah, I proscratinate too... My sister had begged for a knit hat, scarf and mitt set for Christmas.  I found the patterns, I ordered the wool she wanted and when it arrived (in early October) I tossed it under my bed since I was super bogged down with some other projects.  I pulled the wool out last night when I had an "OH NO!!!" moment.  LUCKILY, my sister is away at university and I often make up packages to send to her (she stresses easily) so I had a box of scented soap, flannel pj's, a mixed CD, slippers and a few misc items that can be wrapped up and turned into a Xmas gift.

I'm still on the hook for the scarf, hat and mitts though, I told her I was a little delayed on the project but they would DEFINITELY be ready for Xmas 2006.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
Sweetttart3

Tea and Cake or Death

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005 10:59:50 AM »

I was putting the finishing touches on some scarves last night ( and by finishing I mean starting) when my machine broke. So it's a few days till Christmas and now I have to hand sew everything. And I got the flu.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005 11:09:57 AM by Sweetttart3 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn the man, Save the Empire!

http://www.wists.com/Sweetttart3

I wanna personal swap!
guinthegoodwitch
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005 11:05:54 AM »

I am in pretty good shape but i do have a few things left to make. i still have a few bracelets to make, a shadow box to finish and the big thing is a cape i made for my mom, its all sewen but it still needs to be emrodered. I took today off of work to finish all this stuff but I am sitting here on the computer instead. actually i am waiting for my clay transfer to finish baking in the oven.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Era Vera
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005 11:07:41 AM »

Aghhh, I don't have ANY of my presents done. And it was only today, reading this, that I realized how little time I have. I have nothing for my mother or stepdad, not even ideas. I have, let me see, at least five t-shirts to stencil (don't even have the stencils cut out yet) for my friends. Plus, I promised to help one of my friends with a christmas present for her boyfriend (stenciled sweatshirt). Needless to say, as soon as I get home, I'm getting to work on all of that. The ones for my friends, I can probably get away with waiting until we go back to school, but I feel super bad. This is horrible. I need to make my mom take me home right now, so I can start crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
sweetpadee

I'll diffuse you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005 11:08:25 AM »

I don't feel so bad about my procrastination, since I am only working a half day today and I have tomorrow off. But I do have some things to do...

A taffeta purse, that is only cut out.
PJ Pants, not even cut out.
Another purse. Don't have fabric yet.
Knit cat toys for my bf's kitty, but I'm almost done!
A sweater that needs a satin ribbon added to (not important though, it's my b-day present for myself).
A felt frame with embroidery.
A felt CD case with embroidery.

Now I'm glad I listed everything. I may check back if I'm feeling a bit anxious and forget what I need to do. Terrible!

Anywho, good luck to everyone else on getting their gifts done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silk81
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005 11:08:39 AM »

I'm knitting a sweater for my mom an it doesn't have sleeves yet.

Two days, two sleeves Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
CarrieDavenport
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005 11:10:17 AM »

Oh it's good to see this...I have to finish a purse and 6 mini-stockings (for my pet mice, so if they end up new years stockings, I'm ok). I finished the embroidered onesies I'm doing this morning, and I want to make a set of etched pint glasses for the husband, but that may not happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Fall Jackets
Tips For Tweaking Your Wardrobe For A Quick Fall Fashion Update
Back to School Lookbook
Outfit Ideas and Beauty Looks to Try This Fall
Nikki Pennie Reveals Her Must-Have Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...