A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Tubey Knitalong :D  (Read 61169 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2006 07:51:48 AM »

Ok I am thoroughly frustrated.  I am on try number 3 (as in, this is the third time I've tried this sweater).  The first time I started with andean silk and got a sleeve and the shrug part done before realizing that was a bad yarn pick.  Then I picked mission falls 1824 superwash wool... and realized that the size I was knitting (a medium) was too big because the sleeves were baggy on me, and that was not the look I was going for.  So I started the small, and I finished both sleeves and cast on for the body.  I knit about 1.5" of the body before deciding to try it on, and it is not pretty.  The body seems to ride up in the front, and the neckline is way way too high.  I think that the biggest problem is that the flat part of the shrug is too short, by maybe an inch?  I was thinking of ripping the body out and trying to block the flat part of the shrug to stretch it out some.  I was then thinking that instead of picking up stitches 3.75" in from the armpit on the front, maybe I'd try 2.75"?  Or shorter or longer?  What does everyone think?  Can I block superwash wool?  Will this work?  Sad  I don't want to rip it out and resign myself to a tubey try number 4. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
eja615
« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2006 11:31:05 AM »

YOu can definitely block superwash wool.  You may want to try blocking the sweater now, to see if that'll fix it.

If not, I'd do the modification you mentioned...play with the stitches you picked up.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
svea
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2006 12:44:08 AM »

my tubey is finished (and i mostly missed this KAL)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=98371.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MmmKnits
« Reply #303 on: July 10, 2006 08:09:05 AM »

*Bump!*

Question for those who knit this in stockinette instead of ribbing (or for anyone who can help me): I'm to the point where I need to pick up stitches to form the body, but I'm not sure how many to pick up. Since the ribbing is supposed to be stretchy, if I'm doing the body in stockinette, should I pick up more stitches than the pattern calls for, or fewer?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 10, 2006 08:18:24 AM »

There's no way I'm frogging, that's for definite

Hah, fickle me strikes again.  I'm currently wearing the boobholder I knocked up from my frogged body tube, and I have my winder all set up ready to destroy the hunchback shrug sleeves.  My heartbreak wasn't eternal after all(!).  Gimme another few weeks and I *might* feel brave enough to try Tubey again... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
svea
« Reply #305 on: July 10, 2006 12:41:38 PM »

pick up as many as are required from your swatch to go round your body. however, note that the ribbing meant that the tube stretched round the boobs and then hugs the belly underneath - something a plain stockinette wont do. you might have to work in decreases and/or darts to shape the tube to your body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2006 12:22:41 PM »

hello folks. i have been eyeing up this pattern for quite some time now... and i just started! i am using Patons Decor in a dark heathered grey i think i am going to keep it solid except for some intarsia on the sleeves... yep its gonna be pretty.. to get gauge i had to go down a needle size but i am ok with that..

anywho. hope to have some progress pics up soon.. any advice from anyone?

i am knitting the medium size. i would usually wear a large to extra large for most stuff... i hope i dont have issues with it being to big/too small...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spirals420

« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2006 02:11:46 PM »

im just going to keep talking to myself... 

i am knitting the arms flat and i am adding a peace sign on the sleeves in a pretty red color.. i love watchin the design appear. i thinki  am really going to love this sweater.. i have been thinking though. how hard would it be to make it zip up/button up.. and also have a hood? i think i would get alot more use out of it that way... oh and i think i am going to knit the body in stocking knit and do some lettering on the back of the sweater...

anyways... im pretty pumped about this. i hope it looks as pretty in real life as it does in my mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cnp71201
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2006 03:51:49 PM »

Wow, sounds like quite a few mods... but they sound very neat! I can't wait to see how yours turns out. I love seeing how different a pattern can turn out depending on the knitter.

I am going to make Tubey this fall, using cheap Red Heart yarn, mainly for a particular colorway I love. I have always adored this sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
spirals420

« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2006 03:53:19 PM »

yeah i am pretty excited  to see how this one turns out.. it has pretty good potential.. as  long as i dont lose motivation... but if that happens i will at least finish the shrug part and have a fun shrug to wear...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Filmstrip View
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Lightbox and Thumbnail View
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing the Adobe Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Text Effects
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Create a Dramatic Sky and Crop the Image
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...