A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 303,211
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The "Nice to Grow You" Upside down planter...Tutorial Added Below  (Read 61955 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , planter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2004 12:39:32 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm really glad that your tomatoes worked out for you. I'm going to have to try this for peppers as it never gets hot enough in Seattle for them to get very big. 

what is it about squid that octopis our mind so?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005 03:43:06 PM »

had too many cherry tomatos started from seed and I just HAD to give this a try..

this is such a cool idea! Mom's getting one for Mothers Day (I'll see her in two weeks, she's out of town..)

when nuclear dust has extinguished their betters
will turtles surviving wear people neck sweaters?

Someday, rabbit, I will finally finnish a project.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005 08:42:22 PM »

That came out soooo nice! I was hoping to do on my new one for this year soon!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005 10:14:57 AM by Girlinsoop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005 04:53:55 PM »

ok so i'm stupid then Huh

i understand the "cut the bottom", and the pebbles and the soil.  but what i DO NOT get is the "sock" thing that holds the bottle.  how is it made?  do you sew a square shape and then poke a hole big enough for the "spout" part of the bottle to stick out? then thread through the burlap with rope strong enough to hold it up??
i gotta try this! i live in the city and we have a "Green House" on top off of our roof--but we only have potted stuff and something hanging would be perfect to make use of the large beams up there!!

sweeet   Grin

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005 09:18:16 AM »

This is such an amazing idea! I've been dying to grow something besides "Lucky Bamboo" but haven't found a way to do so without annoying the parents with a plant on the table inside or letting the ground squirrels eat them up.

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005 10:16:52 AM »

The "sock" is really just something to make it look pretty. I used burlap cause the dirt doesnt really show and it holds up nicely in lousy weather.
Does that make sense?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005 07:13:59 PM »

Wow I never even would have thought they would grow upside down.? I dont know why but I guess you just think plants gow up lol

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005 08:48:13 PM »

Wow!  That looks great.  I recently moved into a second story apartment and I've been wanting to grow some veggies and herbs on my patio - but I don't seem to be having too much luck because it is relatively shadey through the day with only a good hour or two of sunlight in the morning.

Are there any small tomato types that grow okay without too much sun - or are all tomatos very sun demanding?

I'd love to try this with chillies as well - providing my husband promises not to pick and eat one directly from my garden again!  At my old apt...I was growing habanero plants and he picked and ate one of the habanero peppers.... Little did he realize that home grown, organic stuff tends to be much stronger and more flavourful than shop purchased veggies.  I nearly had to figure out on the spot how to drive him to ER because of how hot the habanero was ;P  That'll teach him to be macho!

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005 09:18:01 PM »

I just planted my upside down tomato plants. Right now they're hanging in the window of my basement suite, and as soon as the threat of frost disappears, I will move them to the outdoors. As I currently have no curtains, they make my home feel so much more private... most organic act against peeping toms ever!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005 02:47:22 AM »

Are there any small tomato types that grow okay without too much sun - or are all tomatos very sun demanding?

hmmmm...I'm not too much of a tomato expert  Grin, but last year I grew 4th of July's. The front porch where theplanter was only gets sun in the morning and than is in shade all day, and they grew pretty well.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pitfalls when Buying Diamond
What are Diamond Certificates
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Understanding the Diamond Color
Understanding the Diamond Clarity
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...