A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bun in the oven?  (Read 9608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hemi*Housewife
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005 05:05:22 PM »

Hemi*housewife- that is so cool! i love the bins, much easier to keep oranized, and the curtains look good.

I've got one on the way in March, and i have no idea how we are going to fit in anymore space for baby stuff in our already extremely cluttered apartment. We set up the crib in our room, but there is literally no wall left in the house to put a dresser or shelves for his clothes. There is my 6 yr. old son's room, but i feel like i don't want to invade his space too much, since it can already be difficult going from being an only child for so long, to having siblings. Any functional storage ideas for working with a small space? Maybe i just need major reorganization...

Thanks!  We too have space issues (thanks to crafting supplies everywhere and my husband uses the closet in the baby's room).  Sounds like you'll have to sacrifice a wall area in your bedroom.  If you have a dresser, you can put a changing pad on top of that for a changing table...that way you don't have to add a piece of furniture.  Its a good thing baby items are tiny hugh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keek
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006 08:08:13 AM »

Contagulations!!!!  I too had the big crafty bug while I was pregnant!  My son is now 5 months old and have very little time to craft!  So enjoy your freedom now!

I made a number of things...a diaper bag, a quilt, many many clothes for myself and maternity clothes are really expenive.

Good luck with everything!!!!

p.s. when are you due?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Albert Einstein

www.kiki.etsy.com
thismomsews
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006 11:50:45 AM »

Also, anyone have a favorite pattern for baby items? I've seen a lot o patterns, that seem to have everything you would need to have in a room. Anyone have a favorite?

Try Kwik Sew's sewing for baby book.  It has patterns for newborn to 18 months and also a few accessories for baby's room.  I just got the sewing for toddlers book (my little guy is 18 months old), but I want to get the baby one also.  They come with one master pattern, then you just trace off what size you need.  They are kind of outdated (the examples are very 80's- but you can modify the look of the outfits with little changes.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/091321213X/103-1037178-1171033?v=glance&n=283155

At amazon you can preview the table of contents, a few pages, and the last page shows all of the outfits you can make with the patterns. 

Have fun! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006 12:33:04 PM »

Congrats! When I was pregnant with my daughter I started crafting in my second trimester, because the first was basically a blur of vomit and dizzy spells. I made her two fleece no-sew blankets (a yellow one with a mommy and baby giraffe and a pink one with glittery butterflies) and decorated onesies with buttons and iron-on patches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006 03:18:18 AM »

Congratulations! 

I really don't have much else to say... Maybe you could breath on me so I can catch this preggo bug.  Granted, we've only been trying two months (which I don't mind  Wink ) but I want to get this show on the road!

Yay!

Okay, who coughed on me?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So far we're only at 70-something-percent (early testing accuracy).. but three have said so!  I plan on taking a bajillion more, to be sure, then going to the doctor.  We'll see!  Keep coughing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
Lylyfai

Multi-Crafter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006 04:59:26 AM »

*paints a big bullseye on her belly*

Cough, sneeze, exhale....anything Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

145 dependents and counting=
139 dolls, 3 cats, 1 lost Hubby & Roland!
Preppin' for Ro's 3rd Bday- theme=Helicoptors!
http://www.adoptionsbygladney.com (Thank you!)
fort_loop
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006 05:59:00 AM »

So far we're only at 70-something-percent (early testing accuracy).. but three have said so!  I plan on taking a bajillion more, to be sure, then going to the doctor.  We'll see!  Keep coughing!

Ooooh, Sammyb, I'll be crossing my fingers for you.  I tried for 18 months the first time .  This time I was, er, pleasantly surprised.  Due early June.

During my first pregnancy, I didn't do a lot of hardcore crafting because I was busy phasing out a hectic professional life.  I did manage to embellish some onesies and burp cloths.  The burp cloths were just prefolded cloth diapers with ribbons along the  seams, but they got a lot of attention when I wore them on my shoulder-- lots of bang for the buck.  Ha, and I *started* a quilt, which I still haven't made any meaningful progress on, but maybe someday.  I keep putting it at the bottom of my "open projects" list.  I made myself two nursing nightgowns which I NEVER wore once.  I didn't realize how little modesty I would have left after labor, delivery and breastfeeding!

The best thing I made for my daughter (now 17 mos) was a fleece bunting when she was about 4 months old.  It was the first thing I was able to sew with her in my lap.  I used Simplicity 9965. 

Some people seem better able to balance babies and crafting than others.  I haven't been too successful so far, but I'm working on it.  I think people are different, and kids are too. 

I don't have any sage advice for how to manage your pregnancy crafting, but here are my tips for getting back in the swing once you have the baby:

• Babyproof your house before you need to-- especially the craft space.  You don't want to find a lone pin on the floor and wonder whether the other 2-3-4 went down the hatch.
  • Collect some patterns, tutorials and materials now so that you can pick something up whenever you have time and don't need to run around to 100 different stores.
  • Learn how to do some quiet crafty things, especially if your sewing machine is noisy and right next to the wall where your baby sleeps. (!!!)
  • When you do get back to crafting, cut yourself some slack.  You'll be tired and frazzled and easily distracted.  Don't put too much pressure on yourself to do a perfect job or finish on a certain schedule.
Congrats and good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Puella
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006 08:08:12 AM »

Sammyb--

How exciting!  Not to jinx it, but we took the early pregnancy test too, and it came out positive, and I'm now 5 and a half months.  From what I understand, it is quite possible to get a false Negative, but not very common to get a false Positive.  I'm hoping for you--keep us posted!

EDIT:  I had to laugh at your "bajillion more tests," only because I did the EXACT same thing.  I took so many that 5 months later, I'm still finding the little instruction sheets laying around the bathroom.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006 08:09:49 AM by Puella » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keek
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2006 06:00:03 PM »

These are a few ideas of things I have done.  I made them while being pregnant and after my little one was born!  Also another link of things that people did for me which might also help!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=43388.msg388506#msg388506

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=43405.msg388660#msg388660

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=64624.msg611859#msg611859

I hope this helps!!!!!!!!

Good luck with everything...I know it can be quite overwhelming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Albert Einstein

www.kiki.etsy.com
missfire
Give me an hour and I'll give you your dream...

Fire in the hole!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006 07:45:02 PM »

Sammyb, I know how you feel! I found out last week and I've been testing ever since. And I knew I was pregnant the day after! I made a quilt for my four year old son while I was pregnant with him and he still curls up with it in the morning in front of cartoons. I decided to go a little different this time and try knitting a blanket for #2 (due 9/18/06). I got started early, this way if I decided I'd rather make a quilt, I have time to repurpose it. I definitely find that crafting keeps my mind off the impending baby a little and calms my soul. Yay babies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Know why chicken coops have 2 doors?

If they had 4 doors they'd be chicken sedans.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion at the 65th Primetime Emmys
How to Choose the Right Bra
Marios Schwab - London Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Designer Biography: Roland Mouret - Videofashion
Designer Biography: Chloé - Videofashion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...