A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,751
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bun in the oven?  (Read 10039 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rumrasin033003
« on: December 21, 2005 06:06:21 AM »

Well, I just found out ( and I mean JUST found out) that I'm pregnant, and my first thought was, wow, I've only got eight months and some change to sew for this baby!

Knowing that I'll need a little kick in the pants( crafting w/ morning sickness and all that), I was wondering your pregnancy/baby craft schedule. Also, any projects that you started, thought you couldn't live w/out, and never finished?

In other words, WHERE SHOULD I START??!!!

(hope this is in the right place! )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005 06:09:37 AM »

Congratulations! 

I really don't have much else to say... Maybe you could breath on me so I can catch this preggo bug.  Granted, we've only been trying two months (which I don't mind  Wink ) but I want to get this show on the road!

Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005 06:17:51 AM »

Congratulations! When I was pregnant w/ my daughter the best thing I  made her, certainly the most used and cherished, was a quilt which she still uses, 4 years later. I knit her some baby sweaters and booties but those went unworn--they were big and she was small and by the time they fit her it was July and too hot for anything wool. (If you're a knitter, cotton's probably a better, more all-seasonal choice.) I also made bumpers for her crib out of purple fake fur, lined with white flannel. They were easy and not nearly as expensive as store bought and, in my opinion, way cooler.

Congrats again. Hope the morning sickness bug has mercy on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archit
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005 06:29:30 AM »

I agree completely with Amobabe.
I'm sixteen and I still have the quilt from when I was a baby. It was the best thing I got, and even though I loved it to peices, I still refuse to get rid of it because it means so much to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Puella
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005 07:03:56 AM »

rumrasin033003:

Congratulations!  How exciting!  I'm also pregnant, but I'm almost 5 months along.  Between first trimester exhaustion and a crazy work schedule, I haven't gotten much crafting done, but now that I have more energy and the semester's done (I teach), I'm itching to get started.  I remember reading on here in the summer that some people who were pregnant were doing a pregnancy craftalong, where each month there was a different thing to make.  I thought it was a cool idea at the time, but I wasn't pregnant yet.  I know you have a lot to think about, but if you might want to do a preggers craftalong, let me know, and we/I can set it up.

And one more time, Congratulations!  Is this your first pregnancy?  It is for me.  In the past week I've really started to feel the baby move a lot, and it's one of the most exciting things--you'll love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005 05:48:46 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I spent all of my pregnancy devouring craftster and crafting my heart out, knowing there will be little crafting, if any, when baby arrives. My son is now almost 15 months and I'm back! 
The best thing you can make is stuff for your baby! It gets you in the spirit and helps quell the anxiety! Applique some bibs. Make a painted stool, or paint the letters of his/her name (when you decide on one). You can also make a scrapbook of your pregnancy experience for your child to read about when he is older. Include your ultrasound pictures and pictures of your changing belly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
rumrasin033003
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005 12:46:17 PM »

Congratulations! 

I really don't have much else to say... Maybe you could breath on me so I can catch this preggo bug.  Granted, we've only been trying two months (which I don't mind  Wink ) but I want to get this show on the road!

Yay!
Thank you!!! We tried for eleven months, so we are very happy! My best advice is just to REALX, and don't obsess over getting pregnant.... easier said than done, right?

oh yeah, and www.babyzone.com was my best friend!

Good luck to you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rumrasin033003
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005 12:47:31 PM »

Congratulations! When I was pregnant w/ my daughter the best thing I  made her, certainly the most used and cherished, was a quilt which she still uses, 4 years later. I knit her some baby sweaters and booties but those went unworn--they were big and she was small and by the time they fit her it was July and too hot for anything wool. (If you're a knitter, cotton's probably a better, more all-seasonal choice.) I also made bumpers for her crib out of purple fake fur, lined with white flannel. They were easy and not nearly as expensive as store bought and, in my opinion, way cooler.

Congrats again. Hope the morning sickness bug has mercy on you!

Thank you!! I'll bet those crib bumpers were AWESOME! do you have a pic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rumrasin033003
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005 01:11:51 PM »

Thank you, and Thank you!

Puella, congrats on your pregnancy! This is my first one too!

A pregnancy craftalong sounds AWESOME! I know it's going to be a while before I need them, but I'm itching to recon a pair of jeans to maternity jeans.

firehead4

I'll bet that the crafting does help with the anxiety!  what is some of the stuff that you made? where would you recommend starting first.

Can you tell I'm a bit overwhelmed?

Also, anyone have a favorite pattern for baby items? I've seen a lot o patterns, that seem to have everything you would need to have in a room. Anyone have a favorite?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leylia

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005 01:18:00 PM »

I'm almost seven months along, so I'm sort of frantically finishing up my crafting projects as well (with a new baby, a 2-year-old, and a working husband, I'm going to have my hands full!).  I found that (even though I didn't post in it but maybe once or twice) the "Baby on the Way" sew-along on this site has a really good schedule mapped out.

Also, DEFINITELY make your own maternity pants.  It's really easy to recon a pair of jeans or something, and there are a few tutorials for it here.  Even at a thrift store, maternity pants aren't all that cheap, and they're usually really ugly.  So yeah, definitely do that.  But wait until you're around 5 months (or just beginning to show significantly) so you can more accurately determine the size.

And crafting definitely does help with anxiety.  Also, I know that for both of my pregnancies my mind was running about 90 miles an hour, so I've come up with some really interesting and creative projects to work on.  Congratulations!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kindness isn't dead.  Promise.

R.I.P. Brett (1982-2007)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Summer
Mercedes Benz Swim Miami 2015 L*Space by Monica Wise
Outrageous Beauty: Brow Feng Shui Treatment
The Best New Product To Conceal Dark Circles
Sweet DIY Body And Lip Scrub
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...