A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,055
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bun in the oven?  (Read 10608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2006 02:33:52 PM »

TURD is so funny! you should put little felt/fleece corn all over it too!
sorry, i'm a sicko.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pacasha
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2006 07:11:24 PM »

omg.. the corn. that's just sick and PERFECT.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Puella
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2006 11:15:40 AM »

I was one of the early posters on here!  This is my first visit to craftster since the baby was born  Shocked.  I actually haven't been here since about the second trimester.  My baby is now four months old!  Let me tell you--it's great, fun, and wonderful, but you will not have time to craft for the first few months!  So, if you want to make stuff, I have to repeat the advice of the other posters--there is very little time in the beginning, so make stuff BEFORE the baby comes.

Also--they grow fast, so don't spend hours upon hours embroidering a cute onesie that they can wear for two weeks.  I made some that were cute and quick, but I also have a couple that were really complicated with huge designs that are still sitting half done.  Instead make things that are useful (bibs, burp cloths, a sling, diapers, blankets) and that can be used for a long time (quilts).

Congratulations to all the preggers!  It's going to change your life in the most amazing ways  Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveoctopus
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2006 01:32:32 PM »

well, congratulations! i would suggest making a quilt or blanket, especially a smaller one that can be put in the car seat. also maybe start making things for the crib or simplicity has a lot of really cute baby clothes patterns and pjs are always good! or decorate up some onesies cause those can be so boring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006 07:50:45 PM »

i'm 5 1/2 months, about to work my last week at work, and i am finally starting the baby crafting. the delay wasn't due to morning sickness, but an insane devotion to my job at starbucks. glad that's over. i'm going to post some pics of my diaper bag when i finish it. i'm really enjoying the making stuff for babies thing, but i haven't made anything for my baby yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
natrlperception
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2006 04:21:15 PM »

Congratulations& good luck! You always have Craftster for your motivation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
textbookcase
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2006 03:27:59 PM »

So many mamas! I'm due in about 3 weeks. I've been trying to get some crafting done throughout this pregnancy but I was so sick for the first few months! And I have a rambunctious 2-year old, so I haven't been able to get much done. Maybe someday I'll have time for crafts again, hah. Congrats everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewantsxglamor
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2006 03:58:14 PM »

Ooh, congratulations, everyone!
I think little embroidered bibs, or a snuggly quilt. My mom made one a few years ago for my little sister out of flannel and appliqued hearts on, and inside each one, she put a letter of my sister's name, so all the hearts spelled out 'Jacqueline'. It's adorable, and Jacqueline loves it. Also, my aunt made a little pillow to put under her baby's head for when she was bottlefeeding him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
drakakoe
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006 07:12:56 AM »

i embroidered lots and lots of bibs,my son is now 3 and still he has new ones Smiley

further i made some paintings for the nursery

and i started to do a mural but finished it 2 months before moving (february 2006)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pacasha
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006 12:10:53 PM »

i'm due right now. i want her out of here!!!!
i'll have to post pics of her nursery mural (yes, i painted it myself... with waterbased, not enamel... so i'm not totally evil. plus i'm an artist, so she's used to it by now) i have NO more time and i still have to sew curtains, bedding and some diaper covers.

so basically, i'm posting to say DO YOUR PROJECTS BEFORE YOUR THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!  This is insane and stupid and I'm tired! Don't think you'll have tons of time and ability to do all of this throughout. i probably could've done better, but i broke my leg in the 7th month and we bought and moved into a new house THIS month.. what in the hell is my problem?!?!

the hardest thing is getting down on the ground and cutting fabric or painting etc. Luckily i didn't have to stand on a ladder or anything to paint (lots of help with that!) but it sure is difficult to get up and down, plus i have to pee every time i move.

i guess i'm just venting. I'm so tired of being pregnant. i'm ready to be a mom!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change a Needle Light
How to Stem Stitch
How to Baby Cross Stitch
How to Do Needlepoint with Wool
How To Wind The Bobbin On Your Machine
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...