A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: **CHECK THIS! Journals from Cassette Single Sleeves!** [37 Tutorial Pictures]  (Read 52361 times)
Tags for this thread: journal , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

got2b4him247

in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2004 02:51:57 PM »

Nina, seriously, that tutorial is AWESOME!  I can't wait to make one of these.  I was thinking...wouldn't a guitar pick make a neat closure bead??

Also, you could make bigger journals out of old VHS tape sleeves or even Beta tape sleeves (since they're useless now anyway)!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

// Kristen //
// http://iseeyoudear.etsy.com //
idontknow
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2004 05:44:06 PM »

awww i love your tut. its great! kudos, must try as soon as i find all our old cassate tapes, now the question is....what to do with the left over cassette  Wink
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004 05:49:57 PM by idontknow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The length of a movie, should be directly related to the endurence of the human bladder."
           - Alfred Hitchcock
razberryswrl
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2004 07:51:08 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial. I have made 3 of these.  I will post pictures soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vood
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2004 08:52:23 PM »

Thank you SO much for the tutorial! I made one right after I read it and am currently turning it into a mini scrap book type thing for a friend whos moving away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wannabesupercrafty
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2004 11:32:02 PM »

this was so much fun!
incredible tutorial!!   Grin

i'm only 15 so i've never bought a cassette in my life. there was only one cassette single in the house so i used it --whitney houston

i used ribbon to tie and kept original flap

euh pink and white paper and black embroidery floss. i would suggest not using the entire 4 threads of the floss, it was hard to fit through the holes and i ended up getting frustrated halfway through and breaking the floss and had to restring, but i was smarter that time and only used 2 threads of my 4 thread floss.

great project... i love it... now i'm off to try video cassettes!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wannabesupercrafty
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2004 01:43:03 AM »

sorry for the obsessive posting tonight... lol i am hooked on this project

i made another one, this time out of a VHS container. my only gained wisdom from my second attempt is that i would not make the height of the paper the same as the height of the notebook... i'm sure it's much more complicated when figuring out where to put the holes and stuff but then you wouldn't get paper spillage over the top like in my notebook (website below).
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sarahzz15/cassette%20notebook/?action=view&current=caf3e7be.jpg

i hope to use it as a photo album of some sort (maybe finally making prints of my digital photos... after all what good are they if they're trapped in my computer?  Roll Eyes )

this one has paper that is a lighter green color than the cover, and just one magazine. i used green embroidery floss as you can see and a cool bead for the closing. {oh an if someone wants to make one out of VHS container paper should be 4" x 7.5" (or vice versa... i can never get the order right) once folded (so that's really 8" x 7.5" before folding) but i think it would be a good idea to make the height shorter than 7.5" so you won't get spillage out the top and bottom} eek that was a long 2

and i once again the tutorial is just too great! it makes me soo happy the ease of it! (oh and now it works in the right order! wahoo!)  Grin  Kiss Grin

edited to add: you can see in the photo i did not use the original cover of the movie i just recovered it with a zoolander motif
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004 03:00:44 PM by wannabesupercrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
got2b4him247

in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2004 08:53:18 PM »

I went to the thrift store today and was disappointed to find a total of three cassette singles, none of which I found particularly interesting or even recognized.  So, later I was making pudding and thought to myself...This box is almost the same size as a cassette tape sleeve!  So, I dug through the cabinet and am now making a journal from a lemon jello box. haha  It's going to be so cute!  I will post pictures when I'm done, but it will be a few days because my dad's out of town and has our digital camera right now. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

// Kristen //
SarahFroggy
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2004 08:58:26 PM »

ooh good one. yay jello. i knew there had to be a fun alternative to the cassette sleeves only cause i don't have any kicking around the house. mmm jello might go make some Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyMouse

take crap & make it not crap.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2004 02:35:09 PM »

hey everyone!  I'm so glad you're enjoying the tute!  I just got to a computer (we're on our trip right now) and have just now had the chance to see what you've made- they're LOVELY!!  I did try some with VHS covers...they work pretty well (I'll post the NKOTB one we did when I get back home at the end of the month).  I've also tried candy cigarette boxes (maybe some real cigg boxes at the end of the week), Lemon Heads and Red Hots boxes...and decks of cards boxes.  Really cool results.  Smiley
Good job everyone!

Read up on our trip: www.hostultra.com/~reclaimlife/nina.html and www.xanga.com/journeymouse
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Baby don't worry cause now I got your back. And every time you feel like crying,
I'm gonna try and make you laugh. And if I can't, if it just hurts too bad,
then we will wait for it to pass and I will keep you company
through those days so long and black.***
got2b4him247

in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2004 04:33:48 PM »

Here is my journal from a JELL-O box!! Smiley

http://www.applepics.com/2/userfiles/igot2b4him247_95.gif
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 11:39:21 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

// Kristen //
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What are some things I should look for when choosing a digital camera?
Will a digital camera make picture taking easier?
What is the difference between film and digital cameras?
How to Light Eyes Properly in a Movie or Photo
How to Take Better Pictures Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...