A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Just another 52 Reasons/Things Book! (kind of pic heavy)  (Read 4018 times)
Tags for this thread: 52_reasons  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

squirrelbeard
« on: June 25, 2009 01:20:07 AM »

Hello my lovely fellow Craftsters,

Well, like so many others, I absolutely fell in love with those 52 Reasons card books for your significant other! All the ones I saw were just absolutely adorable, and seeing that I was visiting my parents for a few weeks and away from my boypren, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to make him this as a surprise when we reunite next week. However, I didn't want to print out a billion pictures on my parents' poor ancient printer, so I ransacked my mom's old magazines (luckily she doesn't read them!), and got all my pictures from there, as well as from a few stickers here and there. I wasn't really crazy about having the card numbers show through, so I covered the card completely with construction paper, and then went from there. Oh, and glitter glue. *LOTS* of glitter glue. Especially glitter glue hearts... because I'm lame and cutesy like that.

This project took me a little more than a week to do on and off, so I'm so glad I'm finally done! I had a little sweatshop going on in my room! To bind the book, I ended up just crocheting two long chains with white crochet thread, because I didn't feel like hunting down the rings. Luckily, my boyfriend is easy to please, so hopefully he'll like it!

Here are some of the ones I made! I wish I had a better camera with me besides my phone's terrible camera, but there you have it.

I accidentally messed up and put "things" instead of "reasons" but, oh well. He won't know the difference! Wink Also, the "T" in his middle name is in tiger print, because his middle name is Tiger. And, a tiger reference is absolutely obligatory and cannot be avoided!  Grin

I just like how this one turned out, also it's a bit of a joke between us, because he's farted on me in his sleep so many times. Ahh, so romantic. Cheesy

This one is probably my favorite, mostly because my handwriting turned out pretty decent, unlike a few other cards...

It's kind of blurry, but along the leg, it says, "you're kinky."

It only occurred to me later that using a Wall-E picture was kind of weird for the reference I was making, but he was the only robot I could find in those magazines!

I made alot of inside joke cards, and this is one of them. Once we were talking about what we looked like, and he said, "You look like a camel." Oh so flattering, right? So it stuck, and I started making this weird face we've nicknamed my camel face. Cheesy

Because I was excited that I found a Snoopy picture! He likes to do the Charlie Brown dance, so I thought it was only appropriate to include a Snoopy picture.

I think this one is actually my favorite, or maybe second favorite. I was delighted when I was reading through the other day's comics, and found this Pearls Before Swine picture. It's my favorite comic, and Pig sums up how happy I get quite accurately!

Well there you have it. What do you guys think? I can't wait to see him and give it to him. If only the week would go by faster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammysam

~*Cutie Patootie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009 09:37:49 AM »

i love it! the colors and everything is really pretty Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/xxstargazer

!Current Swaps!
October 2009 Birthday Swap
Celebrating Twilight
Bonster4454
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009 12:23:24 PM »

This is such a cute idea, I love it. In fact my b/f's birthday is coming up soon and I want to make a deck too. I have two questions though, did you cover both sides of the card with decorative paper? The second question, is the hole at the top left corner for a drawstring or tying the cards together?

Thanks, Bonster
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squirrelbeard
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009 02:32:25 PM »

Aww thanks!

And Bonster - I only covered both the front and the back with paper for the cover and the back. I got lucky when I went to buy cards, I found these special edition cards with a white and black background instead of the usual red/blue. And yeah, the holes are where I put the crochet chain through, on both the top and bottom holes, to make like a little book. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop: Using the Render Effect
How to Use Distort Filters in Photoshop
Final Cut Pro 6: Two of the same Filters! Why?
Motion 3: Advanced Project Example
Motion 3: Optical Flow Retiming Demo
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...