A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bought but to scared to use  (Read 1436 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Katie Mutated
« on: December 20, 2005 07:56:17 AM »

I never knew that SS had its own little forum  Grin deadly.

I've purchased Pinups and Panthers , Pirates Ahoy and Country Cool months ago from RED INK books in Dublin, Éire http://biblioactivedublin.org/

and well....as sad as it sounds Im to scared to use them just yet incase I fuck them up. Ive never  embroidered in my life but I promise I will give it a shot as soon as I find something worthwhile to put these amazing designs on (Pirates Ahoy being my favourite so far).

whats the point in this post? who knows, not me. I guess I'll use this post to say thanx to Jenny for giving a nerd like me something to ponder over and then eventually do.

Cheers,
Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But time's a-wasting and evil's out there making hand-crafted mischief for the swap meet of villainy" - The Tick
BabyPop
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005 08:30:11 AM »

Hi Katie.

I never did needlepoint a day in my life until I was out of comission for 6 weeeks after surgery, and ordered the SS kit to cheer myself up.  It is definitely not as intimidating as it first looks, and is actually a pretty relaxing way to spend some time. I've done finished two things so far, one of which I started back in June and didn't pick back up again until last weekend. It was like riding a bike!

Happy Stitching!

{edited to say it is NOT intimidating!!! whoops!}
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005 08:43:31 AM by BabyPop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
creative muffin
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005 08:37:28 AM »

Hey, I was you a few mths ago!

I embroidered in the past, but all free hand and with stitches I figured out myself (never once using a book or anything).  I took Jenny's class in NYC, now I cannot stop.

I bought 12 of her patterns months ago, but never dared to use them for fear of making them badly.

Now I don;t really care because you can reuse the patterns so many times and it is just fun to watch a pattern come to life in your fingers.

I say just go for it.  It is so much fun!

I have not posted any pics of my very first Jenny pattern creation because finals are crazy here right now, BUT I will try to next week....I say do it and join me in the new posters some time next week (I will be sure to make a new thread here for it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muffin

www.creativemuffin.com

www.creativemuffin.etsy.com

fiber, yarn, knitting, and spinning addict...more crafty things, Mwahahahaha
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005 11:18:19 AM »

I was the same way so I bought a yard or so of cheap muslin to practice on first.  But my first projects turned out so well I actually used them.  They are posted on here, the I Love Veggies Kitchen Art.  I really thought I would have to trash my first couple of projects but I read the book in the stitch it kit and followed the directions and it turned out OK.

Just pick a pattern and stitch something, you'll see.  It'll be fabulous!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katie Mutated
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005 05:30:01 PM »

cheers all of you Smiley Im going away for three months so Im thinking of throwing in my patterns and sewing like hell when I get there.
I'll be sure to put up pixx of my creations even if they come out crappy..i'll put them in the stitch and botch section.

Im all excited about getting started now, haha Im such a nerd.

thanx again for the kind words.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But time's a-wasting and evil's out there making hand-crafted mischief for the swap meet of villainy" - The Tick
creative muffin
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005 06:18:05 PM »

no problem, just remember when it can get frustrating at times or if you pull stitches, we have all done it!  Just laugh at yourself (I usually do it loudly which makes me laugh even harder!) and keep going, it is all for fun!

Have fun where ever you are going...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muffin

www.creativemuffin.com

www.creativemuffin.etsy.com

fiber, yarn, knitting, and spinning addict...more crafty things, Mwahahahaha
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Colored Hair Extensions Add A Splash Of Style: Hair Tips
Product Review: Agadir Argan Spray Oil
Top Hair Resolutions for the New Year
DIY: How To Make Creaseless Hair Ties And Head Bands
How to Get a 1940s Wave
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...