A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 12/20/05 - IMPORTANT: Now that the Bookmark feature exists, no more "lurking"  (Read 29482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starsonstrings

courage.individuality.strength

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2005 07:23:41 PM »

I love the bookmarking feature with all my heart and soul  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not suggesting
I'm any better than I was before
but getting there is half the fun
and I am halfway there
I'm betting
that even though I've got a good headstart
I'd rather be a bitch than be an ordinary broken heart
tygra
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005 02:18:36 PM »

i also *love* the bookmark feature - one question though....is there any way to confirm that something has indeed been bookmarked? i often have a number of tabs open, and i might hit bookmark, then switch over to another tab in the meantime, and when i come back, i have no way of knowing if it got bookmarked for sure without checking my "bookmarks" list. perhaps once something is indeed bookmarked, it could say "unbookmark", so that way you know that it's already been marked? a minor point, i realize, but i just thought i'd put it out there. however, i would like to emphasize how much i realllly do like this new feature! thanks leah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

übercherry goodies make you feel übercheery inside!
http://ubercherry.com
http://ubercherry.blogspot.com
hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2005 02:42:02 PM »

i know this question doesnt really pertain to the lurking but.....here goes anyhoo! 

is there some magic easy way of making it so that a thread you have posted on in the past doesnt come up in your new replies anymore.
i commented once in the tattoo thread and now i am kinda sick of having to look at it to get it to go away!

i know i can go through and delete posts but that would take forever...but if i have to i will!  just curious if there is a better way!

i have the same problem.. when your done looking at the ones in the new replies to your posts you can click at the top that says "mark as read" so you dont have to look at the threads you dont want to
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
slowpockets
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2005 06:24:02 PM »

Lurk?

Fuck! Wokeupafraud totally beat me to it. Thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005 06:27:06 PM by slowpockets » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CosmicCranberry
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2005 11:10:55 AM »

um...what if we are not lurking...but just want to compliment someone one something they made in a swap gallery? will those posts get deleted?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2005 11:35:06 AM »

um...what if we are not lurking...but just want to compliment someone one something they made in a swap gallery? will those posts get deleted?

Nope. Feel free to compliment all you want!!

I'm just talking about the posting of the word "lurk" that some people were doing so that that thread would show up in their "uread replies"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
slowpockets
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2005 09:45:00 PM »

I'm just talking about the posting of the word "lurk" that some people were doing so that that thread would show up in their "uread replies"

Oh shit were you talking about me?

Instead of saying "that that" you should try "so that the thread" or "so the thread" but that's just me.

Jay
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homestar
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2006 05:27:26 PM »

Pardon me for being an idiot, but...  where is the bookmark feature?  Do you need to be using IE to utilize it?

EDIT

[hmmmmm] I just switched to IE and there it is.  Is this feature available with Mozilla?  Or is this another reason to bitch about the complete dominance of crappy Microsoft products?

EDIT

ok, now I'm really freekin confused.  I just logged into Craftster using IE, and suddenly the bookmark feature disappeared and everything looks like it looks in Mozilla.  Am I drunk and seeing things?  No, it's a Monday night and I have to work in twelve hours.  Am I crazy?  Eh...  probably.

What gives?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006 05:33:17 PM by homestar » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tygra
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2006 09:20:23 PM »

Pardon me for being an idiot, but...  where is the bookmark feature?  Do you need to be using IE to utilize it?

EDIT

[hmmmmm] I just switched to IE and there it is.  Is this feature available with Mozilla?  Or is this another reason to bitch about the complete dominance of crappy Microsoft products?

EDIT

ok, now I'm really freekin confused.  I just logged into Craftster using IE, and suddenly the bookmark feature disappeared and everything looks like it looks in Mozilla.  Am I drunk and seeing things?  No, it's a Monday night and I have to work in twelve hours.  Am I crazy?  Eh...  probably.

What gives?

i use mozilla myself and have never had a problem with the bookmark feature. it sometimes takes a few seconds for it to load, but it's always there alongside all the other buttons. sorry i can't be more helpful, but i just thought i'd let you know that it's not a mozilla-related problem.

hope it works out for ya! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

übercherry goodies make you feel übercheery inside!
http://ubercherry.com
http://ubercherry.blogspot.com
policyoftruth
"Eighth time's the charm!"

Fudgesicles?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2006 06:29:56 AM »

I'm sorry, but I don't seem to understand this. Could someone please explain this to me?

You aren't the only one Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Earth Day Coloring Book for Kids
How to Make a Wreath Out of Old CDs
How to Make a Temporary Tattoo
How to Make a Princess Costume
How to Make a Spooky Halloween Yard Sign
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...