A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: coffee cup sleeve  (Read 3945 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2004 05:26:54 AM »

Ok, this is an adaptation of theone on magknits.com
http://psycserv.mcmaster.ca/~domingm/craft_pics/coffeesleeve.jpg

I used a worsted weight chenille and size 7 (4.5mm) dpns

double increase: on same stitch knit in stitch below, knit stitch, knit stitch below.  then pull stitch off left needle.
seed stitch: k1p1 (making sure that on subsequent rows you aren't making ribbing, the k is over a p and vice versa)

pattern:
cast on 33, distribute across dpns, placing marker before 1st and 16th sts and join round (beign careful not to twist).  knit 4 rows of seed stitch.  On fifth row, do double increase before each marker (the rest of the row is still seed stitch.
repeat last 5 rows.  do 4 more rows of seed stitch. cast off. 

handle: at top edge, over one of the increasy bits, pick up 2 stitches and increase1 (3 sts total).  do about 4 inches of seed stitch.  cast off.  sew down bottom edge and a spot in the middle.

NOTE: I had two small bits of chenille in coordinating colors, so I just switched between them semi randomly.  This is a great way to use up those 1-2" diameter yarn balls you have lying around.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011 07:21:10 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sneeg
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004 08:42:48 PM »

I love the handle!  It makes me giggle.  Does it actually work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: www.projectjanel.org/swap/index.html
I have wisted some fabrics, but they are just to give an idea of what I like: www.wists.com/sneeg
I like personal swaps, PM me if you're interested
Buggirl

The gaijin dancing bear

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004 12:47:49 AM »

I just finished mine this afternoon at work. It's closer to the pattern ( I had eyelash yarn  leftover from my SnB Mod Cape project... I will be super stylish this winter.) I'm so ready to hit my local coffee shop ( where they know me as the token forienger who wants skim milk....)

All of my Japanese co-workers love it and one has suggested that if I make another one I should knit monster eyes and a mouth on it...she mentioned that with the eyes and face it could also be used to spruce up any one of the many dull "cup full of pencils" that adorn our desks.

I didn't have a spare cup around to photograph, so I now have a sassy container of sugar...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alyssa615
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004 04:47:15 PM »

Were they easy to make? I want a little project to work on. And my uncle is java junkie who could use less burnt fingers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004 12:47:46 PM »

They are totally easy to make, and fast!  Mine only took like half an hour, and the handle is the only finishing you have to do.  It works great!  The only problem is getting it onto a full cup of coffee without spilling (and scorching your fingers) Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buggirl

The gaijin dancing bear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004 03:18:00 AM »

I recommend it as a little project. It was the first time I had ever knitted in the round with multiple needles. It did take a little getting used to ( and a bit of swearing at first trying to use multiple needles for the first time with eyelash yarn) but once I got it...well..I got it. I knitted a bit in the evening and finished it off my next day at work....satisfying results.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Young British Artist Edward Fornieles Talks About His Work and the YBAs
Clock Clock
April 15th: RIP Joey Ramone
Invisible Chinese Artist: Find Him in the Background
The Huffington Post Gatz Interview
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...