A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Good Shops In Western NY/ Buffalo Area?  (Read 3314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

takingbackmonday
FiRE AT WiLL

the girl who blocked her own shot

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2004 06:30:53 PM »

i can't seem to find any really quite good shops to shop at. i mean i shop at amvets but they barely have anything quite good there. and the good will and such. i mean i need a good shop or something thats good cool stuff. anyone have any ideas that live around the same area as me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just light the match and run, run from all those times, she poured gasoline, and by fires light she cryed, she cryed all night, until the salt from her tears, rusted shut her eyes, she should have shut her eyes...
ScarySockMonster
Loony Lunatic

Me So Scary

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004 09:44:29 PM »

The only place that I have found is random garage sales.   Cheesy  I really haven't found *that* store yet.  It also depends on what you want.  Like if you want cheap, decent used furniture go to the Salvation Army in North Tonawanda.  They usually have the best quality that I've been too.  Maybe other's have better?  There's also one I *think* near the Gonorrea Mall  Cheesy which is decent in all aspects.  The Niagara Falls GW and SA are mediocre at best.  Hmm.  If you find a good store, please tell.   Smiley Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message posting may be confidential, and if you use it in anyway that I do not see fit; you may be hunted for.  Other than that, have a nice day!  Wink
takingbackmonday
FiRE AT WiLL

the girl who blocked her own shot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004 03:48:06 PM »

okay thanks! i've usually found a few things at amvets but thats usually about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just light the match and run, run from all those times, she poured gasoline, and by fires light she cryed, she cryed all night, until the salt from her tears, rusted shut her eyes, she should have shut her eyes...
geedownie
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004 12:27:57 PM »

Don't forget going to Antique World in Clarence. I've gotten some really good deals there on really varied things. I bought this sectioned wooden crate kind of thing for 25 cents and use it in my son's room to hold knick knacks. We got a printer's drawer there for my mom that we paid $5 for. I've gotten cheap yarn there occasionally. Best time to go is Sunday - early morning and stick to the vendors outside and in the storage sheds. Everything in the buildings seems to be WAY overpriced.
I've been hitting up Salvation Army in Niagara Falls for clothes to recycle. I bought a bunch of silk shirts that I cut up and am contemplating a quilt. I've also decided to try and look for wool sweaters and blue jeans. I need a cheap place to buy wool yarn and haven't had much luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geedownie
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004 12:38:15 PM »

SFTD

I nearly forgot Hancock Fabrics and there is a fabric warehouse in Lockport on Transit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScarySockMonster
Loony Lunatic

Me So Scary

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004 07:55:04 PM »

There's also all three Michael's.  Clarence (on Transit), Walden, and Boulevard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message posting may be confidential, and if you use it in anyway that I do not see fit; you may be hunted for.  Other than that, have a nice day!  Wink
hellagabrielle
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007 09:31:44 PM »

I know this thread is kind of old... but...
I found this insane little antique-y shop packed to the ceiling full of stuff down on Allen, closer to Main in downtown Buffalo. Last I saw there were a bunch of vintage clothes.. tons of old hats, glasses, jewelry. It's worth checking out, for sure. I probably spent 45 minutes in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OmaDJ
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007 11:14:27 AM »

I have had good luck at the City Mission Shops on Union Rd near French and at George Urban and Dick Roads.  For thrift shop locations, there is a website to check:www. thethriftshopper.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarm0mma
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007 09:15:41 AM »

I found this insane little antique-y shop packed to the ceiling full of stuff down on Allen, closer to Main in downtown Buffalo.
I think that's George's Curiosity shop, they're great. My favorite has to be the Am-Vets in West Seneca, no one ever goes there. The Salvation Army on Transit is usually pretty good as well. Unfortunately Don Apparel closed, they were the best vintage shop in the city, but the one on Auburn and Elmwood's pretty good. Elmwood Fabrics is wonderful too, the owner is really helpful and they have the coolest selection of fabrics I've seen short of going to Toronto. But if you feel up for the drive Toronto has great vintage stores and an amazing fabric district. But I have to agree the Salvation Army on Military is great, they have the as-is warehouse, which is only open a couple of days a week, but you basically can get anything in there for under $5 most of it needs some love but so worth it. The Super Flea is my all time favorite though, I always find something amazing and haggling is half the fun.There are always a couple of estate sales too, but it's tough the really good stuff goes on fridays but everything's a third off on saturdays. The habitat for humanity store on Amherst St is reat for furniture and fixtures, sooooo cheap! My last suggestion is big garbage day, there's one in the spring and one in the fall, i found an eames chair once in the trash! people are crazy here they throw out great furniture. well i hope that helps some  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.- Steven Wright
mindyyy
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008 04:36:32 PM »

Elmwood avenue near the Albright-Knox just past the restaurants as you're going back toward downtown has some cool shops
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Trend: How To Wear Pastels
The Tricks To Applying Red and Nude Lipstick
Cleanse Skin and Remove Makeup in One Step
Jennifer Aniston Reveals Her Tips for Perfect Skin
How to Organize Your Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...