A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Present KAL- February (Hats)  (Read 4784 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

It's a craft to the death...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006 03:48:52 PM »

Oh, totally. It's like.... I feel so super crafty right now it's rediculous  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006 10:21:40 PM »

wow!  my boyfriend's dad is buying me a spinning wheel as a bday present!  i'm so excited.  this could become the xmas present spin-then-knit-a-long...

anyway, i completed another foot or so of my yorick scarf...should finish up soon...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2006 10:44:11 PM »

Wow, one month down...only 326 knitting day left until Christmas!  What did everyone complete this past month?  I finished-
3 hats (2 to be future xmas presents, one for a swap)
Here is the swap recipient, irid3sc3nt, wearing her hat.

A branching out scarf, late 2005 xmas gift
A red white and blue fluffy garter stitch scarf, future present for my boyfriend's mom.
Plus I've started working on the Yorick scarf (more than half done, and I've just decided what to do with it!) and another hat for a swap.  I guess I didn't get as much done as I had wanted, but this month has been extremely busy.

But now its February, which means hat time.  I love making hats the best.  My hopefuls to complete this February include a Tychus hat from Knitty, which I'll have to keep on the DL cuz I want to give it to my boyfriend.  I also need to finish up a Cabled Newsboy cap (my first cables, yay!)...I've finished the body but I still need to knit the bill.  I also have 2 hats and a panta(hey its head gear, it counts!) that I need to make for swap.  Busy busy busy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2006 11:42:16 AM »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors on that hat!!! I would also love to see pictures of your other items, if you can post 'em. I will post pictures of what I've been working on, as soon as I weave some ends in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2006 06:05:55 PM »

Ok, it's official. I'm totally nuts over knitting. Right now I have Five, count 'em, FIVE projects going. 4 scarves and 1 hat.

And I just bought some more yarn today  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006 09:20:55 AM »

i am slowly working my way through the clap, but i have the yarn and beads to knit odessa.  i will probably knit a few of them, since they're gorgeous.  how are you guys on this month?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
Madeleine09
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006 09:24:39 AM »

I haven't really done anything for christamas yet. I was knitting soley for christmas since september last year, so I have been doing some projects for myself lately. When march rolls around i am going to make my dad's present. I am making him a hat/mitten/scarf set in his college alma mater's colors, because he has been hinting he wanted a scarf in those colors since i learned how to knit. Then i figure I will make like one person's present a month, depending on how time-consuming they are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apandalee
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006 09:32:58 AM »

Wow I'm so impressed by how organized everyone is! I have no idea what I'm getting most people on my "list". Heck, I don't even have a list yet! Hmm one thing I do know though is that I want to make my little cousin something because he gave me an awesome present and I just signed my family's card for his last year! Only problem is, he is an 18 year old college freshman, very mainstream. Not sure what cool thing I could make him that he'd actually wear =/ Any ideas???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006 12:17:51 AM »

Heck, I don't even have a list yet!

Only problem is, he is an 18 year old college freshman, very mainstream. Not sure what cool thing I could make him that he'd actually wear =/ Any ideas???

I have five people I know for sure I am going to knit something for... besides that, I have no clue. I have been collecting yarn I like when it's on sale or I have a coupon or something, and I am going to just knit stuff that I like. Then, come Christmas I should have a fair about of stuff to choose from for those other people that inevitably I feel compelled to give something to.

As far as your cousin, does he wear scarves? Like, I have found that those a pretty safe  bet, and the possibilities are endless. But I dated a guy once who refuses to wear scarves because it "makes him look like a hipster fa660t". Needless to say, we are no longer dating. Jerk.

But I digress...

I am making the Mens cashmere scarf in the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book (althought not from cashmere), and I really love it. The color they suggest is masculine, and the stitch is really awesome, whether you are a man, a woman, a donkey, whatever.

What about an illustion scarf? Maybe a skul, or a alien? Or make you own? On one of the eariler pages I posted a link to a create your own illustion pattern thingy, maybe check that out.

Good luck, let us know what you end up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apandalee
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2006 06:36:47 AM »

Thanks for the ideas! I was thinking an illusion scarf with soccer balls since he loves soccer, but I was a little confused about the how to make your own pattern directions, so I might just do a skully thing first and then try to make my own pattern. or just fudge around until I come up with something soccer ball esque
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dan Gutman Talks About the Christmas Genie
Meet Author Mem Fox
Tough Enough Book Trailer
What Will You Do in Your First Ballet Class
Deirdre Imus Talks About The Essential Green You
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...