A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Present KAL- February (Hats)  (Read 5202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alikinch
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005 06:47:20 PM »

I'm in.  I definitely have knitter's ADD & have LOTS of projects i want to complete this next year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006 10:22:11 AM »

Whohoo! January has begun, and we will begin on scarves!  Are there any particular scarf patterns you plan on doing?  This is my to-do list for scarves-
Yorick from knitty
Wavy from knitty
Yo drop it from SNBN
Danica from Knitty
Wavy Gravy from SNBN
maybe a few more if I finish these in a timely fashion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knits_with_animals
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006 04:34:06 PM »

I think I'll start with finishing my son's S 'n B Alien scarf.  Then next on my list is Liesel  (can be found under scarves at knittingpatterncentral.com) and a Paton's lace scarf that's languishing in my travel knitting bag.  I bought some Shimmer from KnitPicks so I can make the Airy scarf from Last Minute Gifts.  My husband is hoping I,ll find the time to make the Linux Illusion scarf in time for Penguicon.  Now if I can just finish these hats.............
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alikinch
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006 06:48:45 PM »

I want to do the arches & columns lace scarf http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/KidMerino-LaceScarf-pink.html & a cable scarf.  I also have to make a scarf/hat for my aunt's b-day before Jan 31.

I first have to finish a baby blanket for my nephew on the way & slippers for my mom (a belated xmas present).

I'd better get off this site & start knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shan
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006 03:39:58 PM »

I think I am going to focus on people rather than items. January I am going to knit for BIL, SIL and niece, who live in Ohio. A scarf and hat set for each. Hopefully I will be able to bust some of my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006 09:05:47 PM »

I think I am going to focus on people rather than items. January I am going to knit for BIL, SIL and niece, who live in Ohio. A scarf and hat set for each.
Such a great idea!  Especially for people who don't like the progression of months...

I also hope to bust some of my stash.  I'm actually finishing the Branching out scarf from Knitty, that was supposed to be finished by Christmas 2005, but of course I didn't quite get it done.  Then I'm prolly going to start Wavy from knitty because I have yarn in my stash for it, and I don't have any money to buy new yarn! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006 02:54:29 PM »

Here's a pic of Branching out scarf I've been working on.  I've done about 15 pattern repeats and it is almost 2 feet long.  I still have a little more than half a skein of yarn left. 

This pic is horrible and doesn't show the color at all.  It is really dark green with a rainbow thread running through.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
findingher
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006 08:46:29 PM »

I'm actually glad the starting month is scarves- I'm working on a scarf for my boyfriend's father, a Crazy Aunt Purl's "Magic Scarf" in a reddish brown Peace Fleece wool. Very, very manly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

It's a craft to the death...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006 03:05:00 PM »

Well, apparently I don't know how to read because I was like "Oh yeah, January, eh? Hats. Most deffinetly."

So, I've been making hats, I'll make scarves next month  Grin

I'll take some pictures soon and upload them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006 11:54:23 AM »

Yay!  I finished my branching out scarf.  I blocked it last night, and this morning I wrapped it to give my grandmother tonight at dinner.  I forgot to take pics, but maybe I can get my grandmother to model for me!

I also just finished a garter stitch scarf in some yarn I had in my stash.  Here's a picture of it on the needles.  I haven't taken another pic yet.

Sorry its sideways.  I used Red Heart Light and lofty i think its called.  The scarf if very soft and fluffy.

Next up, I finishing a hat for a swap, then I'm going to start the Yorick scarf from knitty.  Anyone made this one?  I'm going to do it in pink and a different yarn.  I checked out the yarn they called for, and I just don't have any money to buy it.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Side Ponytail
How to Get a Messy Ponytail
How to Get a High Ponytail
How to Get a Basic Ponytail
How to Get Long Hair Updos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...