A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Present KAL- February (Hats)  (Read 4528 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2005 12:15:40 AM »

Ok, I know there was the Christmas Craft Along for 2005 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19998.0,
and a new one started for 2006- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=67509.0, but I'm not really interested in making some of the things included...So how about simply a prepare for Xmas 2006 Knit along?  It could look something like this....
Jan.- Scarves
Feb.- Hats
March- Mittens/Gloves
April- Socks
May- Baby Items
June- Household Items (Pillows, throws, etc.), Kitchen Items (tea Cozies, dishcloths)
July- Bags, purses, wallets, ect.
August- "Warmers" (arm, leg, wrist, ears, etc) and Cozies (ipod and cell phone)
September- Toys
October- Misc. items (anything I've forgotten!)
November- Knitting for Charity!
December- Christmas Decorations and finishing

Ok, I've started a Google groups (I like the google groups better, because I don't have a yahoo ID, and to get one they make you fill in your life history, practically.  Google just asks for your e-mail).  If you want to sign up to get weekly reminders, encouragement, and tips, please go  here- http://groups.google.com/group/Christmaskal and sign up.  I promise not to flood your mailbox with e-mails!

*EDIT*
I'm changing the list again! I totally forgot bags and purses and such.  Now household and kitchen items are one month.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006 10:29:55 PM by orangeabsinthe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knits_with_animals
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005 08:54:57 PM »

Sounds great.  Since I am finding  myself knitting Christmas gifts at the last minute (again) I could stand a little organization in 2006.  April will be a bit of a challenge though--I'm notorious for making one sock and wishing the second would show up on it's own some how...........How about making November a time to do some service projects?  We could find local groups to donate to--I've donated to a couple of different Catholic charities and my local VA hospital in the past (just a thought).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shan
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005 09:21:44 PM »

I love the idea. I already planned to start asap on next year. Perhaps this would actually make me start. I also like the idea of knitting for charity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005 07:25:38 AM »

April will be a bit of a challenge though--I'm notorious for making one sock and wishing the second would show up on it's own some how...........
I've never done socks before, but I hear this is the case.  My purpose for this KAL is not only for Xmas presents, but for encouragement and motivation to get through projects.  Also, i have so many projects I want to do, i think breaking them down into specific months will help with the knitting project ADD.  I've heard that if you only work on one project at a time, it gets done much faster...
Also, you don't have to follow these exact guidelines.  <----That's just what they are.

I also like your idea for knitting for charity.  Instead of doing it just one month, we could give all year!  Like if you make some extra hats, you could donate.  Ok, I just had a great Idea.  We can move Christmas Stockings to Dec (I put it in Aug for some strange reason, I was just brainstorming) and make Dec. Christmas Decorations....move everything up a month and make November donate to charity...

Also, I'm starting a google group as we speak.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
findingher
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005 11:07:53 PM »

I would do this, but I think that perhaps some of the months could stand to be changed (for me at least). I tend to make the winter gifties like scarves and hats closer to the actual holiday- reason being, I don't know what half of my friends/family have for winter wear till it's time to pull it out of the closet! Despite that, I think I'd love to join anyway Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005 11:24:27 PM »

considering i was frantically knitting 2 remaining FEET of the liesel scarf tonight, i think being more prepared for next year would be fabulous.  that way, next mid december i won't decide to undertake my very first lace project and think i would comfortably be done in time for christmas.  btw, i did finish it, and i will block tomorrow, for a monday gift exchange.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
crafty mama
ooh. snap crackle poop.

I'm a llama's mama!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005 11:37:10 AM »

Any attempts to keep my knitting organized (or on schedule) are totally welcome. I'm in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Under my mattress
I keep boxes of beautiful dreams
And late at night
When no ones in sight
They come out and whisper to me - J,LC
rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

It's a craft to the death...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005 11:18:18 PM »

I'm in! I was in such a mad rush to finish stuff this year, that I'm going to need to start right away to get anything done on time for '06.

Whew. I'm glad this X-Mas is over  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005 06:11:30 PM »

seconded rockfullofawesome.. .. everyone in my town demanded coffee (i work at the *bucks) and by the 23rd, i was totally scrooging.  yay for next xmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005 09:41:07 AM »

I would do this, but I think that perhaps some of the months could stand to be changed (for me at least). I tend to make the winter gifties like scarves and hats closer to the actual holiday- reason being, I don't know what half of my friends/family have for winter wear till it's time to pull it out of the closet! Despite that, I think I'd love to join anyway Smiley
You don't HAVE to do the months in this specific order.  I did them this way because it seemed like a slight progression from easiest to hardest.  If you want to knit whatever any month, that's cool.  Just post your pics so everyone can admire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Craig Nelson on the Atomic Age
A Look at the Game of Thrones Pop Up Book
Top 10 Notes: Of Mice and Men
Top 10 Notes: Animal Farm
The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...