A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 303,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scarftacular!  (Read 1777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 17, 2005 07:21:39 PM »

Here are some scarves I made for my daughter's friends. They're all a bulky + fun fur combo. All very cuddly and fun to knit. The gloves are bought, but I added the fun fur trim.

Still working on Christmas gifts! More to come!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011 11:16:01 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005 08:18:18 PM »

That's a lot of scarves!  I'm working on two at once and it's killing me!  You must have had a lot of patience to make so many!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005 08:38:50 PM »

fun Smiley

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005 07:26:56 AM »

Thanks! I love doing these fun fur scarves. They just make me feel all playful and silly. I really need to do one for myself after I finish Christmas. Like a really, really long one that I can wrap around my neck a hundred times.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005 02:09:29 PM »

I made a scarf like that last year, but couldn't find a fun fur i liked, so i picked a yarn SOLELY for it's colour, and it itches like hell.  It's purple and orange, and i knitted one whole side and purled the other, so it curls up and looks like a thick furry tube. 
The yarn has a metallic thread through it - but comfort be damned.  It's my favourite scarf!  (about 12 feet long or so.) 

I have a friend who loves it, and i've made her a softer version for this Xmas.  It's going to be hard to part with - it's so soft!  Loved knitting it.  Kept feeling up the yarn the entire time!

Huhwhat? - that pink one is so pretty.  Love the colour.

"Be bold.  If you are going to make an error, make a doozy, and don't be afraid to hit the ball."  Billie Jean King

Crazy Glue really does stick 2 your fingers!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006 12:09:51 PM »

Very nice scarfs.  :0)

"Live life to the fullest, cause if life weren't worth living, then why live at all!" - Moi
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006 07:37:41 AM »

Thanks! I've started stocking up on scarves for Christmas '06 already. I usually have one of these going at all times, because they have such a simple pattern (garter stitch, or drop stitch, or diagonal eyelet) that I don't have to think too much about it. So, when I am doing something that I want to pay attention to, but still want to knit, that's what I pull out.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006 07:54:38 PM »

i do the same thing.. i normally always have a scarf on a set of old 10's for when i want to knit but don't want to think about patterns or anything. Smiley

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick Tips to Fight Frizzy Hair
Hair How To: The Gatsby Girl Look
How to Style Balayage Highlights
Messy Updos Are in This Summer
How Liz Vaccariello Maintains Her Bountiful Bangs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...