A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kerchief from Stitch n Bitch  (Read 4563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004 07:31:26 PM »

muguet, did you check your gauge? if you're knitting tighter or with thinner yarn you may have to use bigger needles or more stitches to get your kerchief the right size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
................... ................... ..................
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfre etobitch.org
muguet
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004 10:56:57 AM »

As it turns out, I was following the pattern wrong and making way to many increases.  Oops! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://muguet.wordpress.com/

And the essential wistlist:
www.wists.com/muguet

Recycle your books and get new ones! PaperBack Swap
Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004 10:39:51 AM »

well, after i posted that i went and looked at the pattern and it turns out it doesn't even have a suggested gauge! i started making it last night, but i got a little confused with the increasing, so i did it backwards and decreased instead. i'm almost done and when i get my camera working again, i'll post a picture.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
................... ................... ..................
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfre etobitch.org
muguet
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004 01:10:27 PM »

I finished mine.  It's lilac and I might post a pic when I get batteries, but I think it's kind of small.  Oh well, it still holds my hair back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://muguet.wordpress.com/

And the essential wistlist:
www.wists.com/muguet

Recycle your books and get new ones! PaperBack Swap
pixelpusher
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004 06:03:26 AM »

I started making mine last night.  (finished my first project - the ribbed scarf the other night!!! It's nothing to write home about, just plain, cheap, purple acrylic.. but my first!!)

I am using some blue 100% cotton, which to me has that super familiar feel to it.. I don't know how to explain it.. Anyway, I am having some trouble I think with some of my increases.  Everything looks right on one side, looks just as its pictured on the page in the book... The other side, however, looks all weird, and gappy- consistently all up the whole side, for about 2 or 3 stitches on the outside edge.  I started over and tried keeping my tension super tight, and it still happened...  I didn't think to take a photo... I tried doing this with the big cheesy chunky yarn I made the scarf from with the bigger needles the other night and I didn't see and wierdnesses, BUT it could just have been the puffyness fo the yarn....  help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004 06:14:22 AM »

nice kerchief.  i too have the short hair and look silly in kercheifs, but i made one too.  i have yet to find someone to unload it onto as a gift.  your yarn looks luscious.  good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dai-chan
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2004 09:52:56 PM »

Wonderful! I made one just last week (before that i had only made two harry potter house scarfs - one gryffindor and one ravenclaw).

Mine is blue and made from some cheap acrillic yarn but it's still quite warm - I work at Ben & Jerry's and have to wear a bandana or something of the sort at work and when i wear my cool new kerchief it keeps me nice and warm. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mackster
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004 10:17:08 AM »

Hey guys and gals.

Here's my kerchief, took me about 3 hours. My mom had half a ball of this nice pink yarn left over from a blanket, so I snatched it up to make my kerchief. I've worn it to school and people are actually willing to PAY me to make them kerchiefs. Hah! Awesome!

Please ignore my expression in this pic. I'm not a bitch, honest.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 13, 2004 10:20:04 AM by Mackster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tere
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004 12:09:37 PM »

Hmmm..I think it would help if you posted a pic. Try again and see what happens. I've tried knitting with certain yarns that just didn't seem to knit nicely...I did  this kerchief too. It was really fun, but I too have short hair and I look like an elf wearing it. Great job on all those kerchiefs, by the way.
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsayanne
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004 12:37:17 PM »

I think I would just swell up and pop if I worked at ben and jerry's! But boy would I enjoy it while it lasted.... Smiley

My hair is always in my face and I LOVE wearing kerchiefs. So far I've just made them out of regular fabric but you've inspired me to make it my first winter knitting project (I'm a seasonal knitter  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pastel Gowns Take the Lead at Cannes Film Festival Day One
C&T Costello Tagliapietra Capsule Collection
Trends from the 2012 MET Gala Red Carpet
Katy Perry Rocks the Goth Look at a Los Angeles Event
Helena Bonham Carter Talks About Her Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...