A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone made Vogue 8155, 8081, or 7877?  (Read 2088 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

torilimcadle
« on: December 16, 2005 03:55:42 PM »

All Vogue patterns are 75% off at Hancock, so I thought I should take advantage of the sale!

Here's the links:

Vogue 8155: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V8155=x&TI='8155'&page=1
Vogue 8081: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V8081=x&TI='8081'&page=1
Vogue 7877: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V7877=x&TI='7877'&page=1

I'm going on a trip soon, so I thought maybe I could whip up some cute shirts.  I have never done a Vogue before; I've heard they're hard. 

I could make 8081 out of jersey or other strechy fabric too, right?

How long did it take you to make it and what view did you do?

Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
-Noam Chomsky.
jujus_moowee
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005 05:43:50 PM »

Vogue patterns aren't really that hard to do. The instructions are pretty easy to follow. I haven't made the tops that you've got but I've made simliar ones, if in doubt pin everything first and then sew. I tend to sew half then when it's still on the machine just double check to see it I've done it right. Good luck and show us what it looks like when your finished! (and it's ok if it doesn't look anything like the photo on the pattern!) I've made things that look nothing like the pattern but is still wearable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
torilimcadle
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005 06:19:37 PM »

Thanks jujus!  My mum's telling me that they are harder than other patterns, but the tops don't look hard at all.

I try to remember to take pics!  I have some others that I still need to take pics of too.  That'll be #8,492 on my to-do list.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Noam Chomsky.
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005 11:48:26 PM »

yeh, i agree jujus. they're pretty good quality i think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No_Aloha

I am the faerie queene!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005 07:45:29 PM »

I haven't made those tops, but I've sewn with Vogue patterns since I was fifteen (ten years).   Next to Burda, I think that they're the best.  All the patterns you chose look super easy too.  Not many pieces, not structured.  I would try 8081 out of jersey too.  Just take the zipper out.  It may take a little adjusting to make things tighter, but it should work.  Fabric suggestions are just that--suggestions.     
THIS ROCKS   Logged
torilimcadle
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005 11:46:31 AM »

Thanks everyone for all your help!  I've picked out a green satin and light yellow jersey to work with.  Now if I could onl find time to make them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Noam Chomsky.
spentonrainydays
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005 09:00:26 PM »

I also haven't used those specific patterns, but I have used vogue patterns before and I love them.  I am really excited about JoAnns after Xmas sale where they are 3.99 I'm going to stock up.  I think they are a little harder than some other patterns but they are also a lot easier to follow.  Also there are usually levels written right on the envelope (I think its a colored dot with a level next to it) If it says advanced I'd steer clear.  I made a dress from an advanced pattern once and it took a lot of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jujus_moowee
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005 12:59:38 AM »

I was the same as spentonrainydays, I spent like 20 hours on this dress that was advanced, it was for my year 10 textiles project, like years ago, but it is worth the time and the patience (btw i got like 95 on it, sorry but im proud of my mark!) It does take a lot of effort but they aren't hard to follow just very very time consuming~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Integrate with Other Programs in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Sort and Organize Photos in Adobe Bridge
How to Automate the Workflow in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Special Effects in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...