A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday month swap  (Read 4187 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005 11:24:45 PM »

I'm sure no one is going to turn down a birthday gift. especially since its something unconditional.

I agree with this! My b-day is in February, a week after Valentine's, and I used to get old candy! And now as an adult I miss getting the old candy, that's how badly I get shafted when it comes to birthday presents.  Er, not to sound ungrateful or anything.

So, will we have this going for all the poor January's who might only get discounted xmas candy if not for this swap?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TalkAboutLush
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2005 09:35:05 AM »

I agree with this! My b-day is in February, a week after Valentine's, and I used to get old candy!

My birthday is 4 days after Valentines day and I have yet to recieve a single piece of leftover Valentine's day candy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005 03:15:01 PM »

Yeah, my mom and her friend were constantly trying to one-up each other on cheapness.  They called it frugality, though. They even wrote to each other in pencil on the same card for years.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2005 09:43:58 PM »

I agree with this! My b-day is in February, a week after Valentine's, and I used to get old candy!

My birthday is 4 days after Valentines day and I have yet to recieve a single piece of leftover Valentine's day candy!

Well, I'm a January, the 11th to be exact, and I get the combo gift, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday! Argh! My parents even tried having a brithday-and-a-half party in teh summers for me but none of the other family members would go for it and my brother, OH! don't get me started, his brithday is in August, and everybody's wallets are fat and it's all sunny out, and there's perfect weather for a party, and...(but really I'm not bitter ;P...)

Anyway, I PROMISE to go the whole year through, just to get something not christmas-y and hand made from the heart! ANd I don't even care if it is that one extra necklace you made to have "just in case" you forgot someone or all of the sudden your brother got a girlfriend, all I ask is please no christmas wrap!!!! hahahahha~ this is exciting, I hope it comes together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005 10:39:49 AM »

It has begun!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70863.msg666390#msg666390
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005 10:42:53 AM »

Well, I'm a January, the 11th to be exact, and I get the combo gift, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday! Argh! My parents even tried having a brithday-and-a-half party in teh summers for me but none of the other family members would go for it and my brother, OH! don't get me started, his brithday is in August, and everybody's wallets are fat and it's all sunny out, and there's perfect weather for a party, and...(but really I'm not bitter ;P...)

Anyway, I PROMISE to go the whole year through, just to get something not christmas-y and hand made from the heart! ANd I don't even care if it is that one extra necklace you made to have "just in case" you forgot someone or all of the sudden your brother got a girlfriend, all I ask is please no christmas wrap!!!! hahahahha~ this is exciting, I hope it comes together!
My birthday is Dec 31, and I get the combo gift as well!  It totally sucks.   I feel bad for you, because your birthday is weeks afterwards!  People need to not be lazy, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006 12:06:52 AM »

February is sneaking up fast on us!  A week away!  Does anyone want to run February?  If not, I think I can handle it, because January didn't get too intense.  I'm thinking we should start signups soon so there's a little time for signups before it starts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006 07:38:29 AM »

My plate is full, I could run March I think... I also think it is wise to start the sign ups, gives a chance to get the early Feb.'s out on time?. Will we be carrying over the Jans that didn't get picked? What happens if you give a lot is this one unconditional? Just wondering how this works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
orangeabsinthe

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006 07:22:34 AM »

March is fast approaching!  Can you believe it?!?!?  We should prolly open signups soon for March...javastain, are you still interested in organizing?  any other takers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006 05:29:00 PM »

Yea, I can totally do it! I have no idea how to run a swap, but I am willing to try! I will go and review the swap rules, let me know if I am it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Superhero Cape
How to Make Sponge Balls for Kids
How to Make Toy Boats with Wooden Blocks
How to Make Daffodil Decorations
How to Make Tissue Paper Carnations
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...