A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hampton Roads  (Read 13623 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spitbubbleluv
« on: May 31, 2004 06:01:03 PM »

I live in Norfolk.  Anyone else from this area?  I am interested in sewing, housewares, and general craftiness...  But it would be neat to meet someone who is interested in anything else as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftGurl
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004 05:16:43 PM »

I live in Newport News, and I sew, make jewelry, and dabble in paper crafting (mainly scrapbooks)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish I got paid to make all this wondeful stuff....uh...nevermind, then it would be like a job.  EEWWW!
soytoomuch
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004 01:25:32 PM »

:)I live in VB.  I sew, and I am interested in finding ways to sell my wares.  Rightnow I do baby items, but am learning to do grown-up items, as well. I would love to learn other crafts, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spitbubbleluv
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004 02:56:17 PM »

maybe we could start a craft group and get together like once a month?  I don't know a whole lot of people in the area so I would love to meet some. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soytoomuch
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004 05:50:54 AM »

Let me know when and where, and I'll be there!  You can always e-mail me to set it up. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilstarmel
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004 09:39:24 PM »

Hey. I just moved to the area and was wondering if there were any thrift stores you can find cool clothes around here?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spitbubbleluv
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004 06:40:38 AM »

Hey. I just moved to the area and was wondering if there were any thrift stores you can find cool clothes around here?

Thrift store City and thrift store usa in norfolk on little creek road are 2 of my faves.  In virginia beach I like shelter thrift on virginia beach blvd.   You can't always find good stuff but when you do its super cheap.  There's also echoes of time on first colonial.  they are a vintage/costume store so they are a little more pricy. 
All of the chkd's i have been to suck.  Salvation army is decent.  DAV is good too but kind of pricy for a thrift store.  It also depends on what your style is.  If you like cheap used (or even new sometimes) name brand clothing stick to rich neighborhoods in Va beach. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soytoomuch
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004 02:51:07 PM »

I've been away - so I missed this thrigt store thread.  I like the DAV store - quality merchandise.  It can be pricey, though, they know what's good and what to charge.  DAV has good vintage patterns and fabrics, though, and great jeans.  I don't really like any of the others.  I used to like the one accross from Open Door Chapel on VB Blvd in VB.  I think it got torn down.  I think the Salvation Armys are good for nothing - I can never find anything good. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tallulahwine

She was the still point in the turning world.-FSG.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004 02:03:22 AM »

I live in Norfolk.  Hooray!  Where are you guys ?  I feel like I am in hell with a roll of duct tape and a glue gun to defend myself.   Help me!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

These songs are for you.-Leonard Cohen
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.-Oprah.
Do you remember when crayons were the coolest?
Bully rocks.  really.  they are girls.  grrr.
darumah
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004 05:56:32 PM »

I also live in Norfolk. Are there any knitters here inerested in doing a SnB in Ghent? *robyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Voluminous, Curly Hair at Home
How to Hone the Bohemian Minimalist Hair Look
The Best Bangs to Flatter Your Face Shape
Tips For Making Clean Hair Last Longer
Top 7 Blow Drying Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...