A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway Season 2 Challenges  (Read 626 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2005 10:14:20 AM »

So... I've finally jumped on the Project Runway band wagon. And, as much as I hate being part of a trend, I'm absolutely addicted. So, I've decided to watch every single episode this season and write down all of their challenges and the guidelines they go by. Yeah, I know, it's lame picturing me sitting on the couch watching Project Runway with a notebook in my hand furiously writing down their challenges.... but.... that's my life. Anyway. I'm doing this so that if anyone wants to take a crack at 'em, they can. Show the results!! Smiley I'll be adding challenges with each new show.

Challenge #1: Road To Runway
The new designers are given 6 yards of plain white fabric & $20 (which was used for dye, embellishments, etc.) and a week of time to create an outfit that best represents them as a fashion designer, meaning, their design philosophy and point of view.

Challenge #2: The Clothes Off Your Back
The designers were invited to a little party where their second challenge would be revealed. When they got there, they were told that they were going to make an entirely new outfit using only the clothes that they were wearing. I think they had something like 12 hours to complete it... or was it 24? Anyway.. it wasn't very long.

Challenge #3: All Dolled Up
For their third challenge, the designers were told they were going to be fabricating an outfit for one of America's most stylish icons. They said they would be meeting her at her home. They were taken to Toys 'R Us in New York and led to (you guessed it) the Barbie section. Their challenge was to design a lifesize outfit for the new "My Scene" Barbie. All the designers got to pick only one doll as their creative muse. They went back to their designing room and were given only 30 minutes to sketch their design. Afterwards, they went shopping for materials, which I believe the time limit was 45 or 60 minutes (sorry, I'll pay better attention next time. The idea to share this came to me this morning.) They had 150 bucks to spend on material. After shopping for their materials, they had 2 days to complete their projects. Another little side-challenge was to replicate the outfit in miniature for Barbie to wear.

Challenge #4: Team Lingerie
For this challenge, the designers were first told they had 30 minutes to develop a presentation of lingerie consisting of three looks. They were separated into 4 teams of 3, the leader of each team being the one who's creative vision was best liked. Each team then works on the leader's collection. Each team receives $200 for materials and one 12 hour day to complete their line.

Anyway... I thought this would be a fun post for people who don't get the chance to watch it at 10 pm or who don't have Bravo. I'll be adding each new project as it comes up. Have fun!!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2005 12:52:40 PM by Laney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
Spiritfingerzz
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005 12:27:05 AM »

I am addicted to PR as well but I have to say I TiVo them so that I can watch them when I catch a spare moment. I was cruising through the posts and I came across yours and I just wanted to thank you for not telling who was sent packing and who won. I appreciate you not ruining my night. hehe! Thanks. I am ready to go watch it now though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laney

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005 10:56:46 AM »

Heh, you're welcome.  Grin The point of the post is more about their challenges, not necessarily what happened on the show.  Smiley  Glad you enjoyed it without me ruining  it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Coco Chanel
modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005 01:12:01 PM »

You can post here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32667.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
Laney

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005 03:54:21 PM »

I checked it out and thanks for the heads up, but I'd rather not. I'm just posting the specific challenges, not what was made by who, what happened between designers or any other details of the show besides the challenges. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Coco Chanel
Pinklightning06
Pinklightning!

I am a sugar spun electro storm ♥

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006 08:21:29 AM »

Thank you a bunch! I kind of wanna try some of these. Will you still be updating this list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinklightning
http://www.pinklightning.me/

Project 365 Awesome - Day 105: Stars&Dinosaurs&AsianBrides&NEW GOALS
Do I have what it takes to be a successful fashion designer? Well I'm giving myself 365 days to find out...
FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006 08:38:51 AM »

i think we should do a craftalong based on this, even if we just recon'd old stuff. that would be so awesome to show what YOU would've done during the ice skating challange, etc.!
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
J.A. Jance Explains Her Writing Routine
Standing Still in Central Park
Love Anthony By Lisa Genova
The Death Sculptor by Chris Carter
Under the Dome by Stephen King
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...