A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show of your wrapping skills (or lack there-of) (complete w/ photos) - pg 2.  (Read 6483 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkyhooker
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005 11:30:33 AM »

The suitcases are a great idea! I saw a bunch of these at TJ Maxx for 2.99 or something cheap. I'll have to remember to get some for next year.

Edit: here are a few of the prettier packages I wrapped this year. I'm on a "real ribbon" kick, it seems!

I love the minimalist way you used the ribbon!  I've been on a real ribbon kick too thanks to Martha Stewart making me feel really guilty about stick on bows.  How did you STICK the ribbon to the package.  Sometimes that wire edged crap can be a pill.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
Mrs Rabbit
One stitch at a time!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006 03:58:11 PM »

Last year, I wrapped all the presents in old paper dress making patterns that I'd been given.  Patterns were from the '80's and there was no way I'd be using them, so had a lovely time wrapping.  Because it's fairly fine paper, had to use a bit of sticky tape mending the tears, but they were well received and looked fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissMeshell
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006 07:44:14 AM »

It has been said that I use too much tape. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006 11:30:34 PM »

i looooove giftwrapping. i originally got my current student job (in a bookstore) because they employed me as a giftwrapper over xmas then decided to keep me on. and at xmas i still get lumped with the wrapping, coz i'm the best at it Wink

this year i have plain brown paper from Ikea, and ribbon (10c a metre on clearance sale! i bought i whole roll!) i like the fabric ribbons because people tend to keep and reuse them, which is less wasteful.

here are some older bits and pieces:

box from ikea, random bit of black cord, shoe charm (girl loves shoes)

red gingham fabric (because i'd run out of sticky tape, and fabric canbe held closed with a bow).

beautiful silver and red sari fabric. might use some of this for xmas presents also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006 11:32:59 PM »

oh i'm all about present wrapping, if i could do it for a living i would!

here's a little swap present i sent out recently

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006 12:08:30 AM »

Let's see..last year we got our 3 year old a my little pony set for her b-day. It was wrapped in a pillowcase (perfect size).

We also have a tradition of "Wal-mart wrapping paper". The bag we bought it in. Learned from my MIL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
elabela
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006 10:41:32 PM »

my best friend refuses to use anything for what its made for. When she writes me letters, they have to be on pages ripped out of nat. geographic, or empty fast food bags,etc..

xmas wrapping is no different.. last year I got a hammock from peru, it was wrapped in the cutoff leg of her jeans, one year I got a funny oscar the grouch mug, it was wrpaped in little kids superman undies(new!), etc..etc..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's my birthday! - November 8!
cinnamon teal
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006 09:30:15 PM »

One year for my brother's birthday I didn't have any tissue and I was feeling pretty cheap so I wrapped his present in plain brown paper, stuck it in a gift bag and on the way to his house I stopped at the side of the road and picked some bushy wild flowers (mostly lupins and mustard) and stuffed the bag with them.  It turned out pretty cool.  For christmas you could use some evergreen branches instead of wild flowers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

callmejen
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006 06:42:41 PM »

I am THE wrapper in the family.  I love doing it, and pretty much wrap everyone's presents for them.  I always take a day and go over to my grama's house and do all hers.  She orders pizza and we eat christmas baking all day.  My dad will conveniently bring all his down when I am doing mine with the 'intention' of doing it right after I'm done (well, the scissors and tape are already out after all).  I just laugh because he knows that I will do them.  He doesn't have to be sneaky.

I generally wrap all my gifts for everyone in the same paper.  As soon as Winner's puts out their paper I go and find one pattern I like and buy as many rolls as I can.  It has to be the good thick paper.  And a simple pattern - nothing cheesy.  Then a bow or ribbon.  For my couple friends (married, living together...) I always get some nice holiday hand towels or candles or orniments and wrap them up in a nice gift box -  where the box is the wrapping paper.  Just add a ribbon and you're done. 

I love the craft paper idea, then I can draw in crayons on them to make a special theme for the gifts.  Might just have to try that out this year.  You know it's going to be good when you get to use your crayons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006 06:51:49 PM »

I'm a brown paper girl myself. Everyone knows a gift is from me because of the plain brown paper and white cotton cord in a bow. No tape, and just the recipients name on the package in permanent ink. I don't use craft paper though, Just cut up grocery bags (I've wrapped very large items this way too- just use multiple bags.)

Creative wrappings I have thought about (and have recieved) include an empty tangerine crate covered in orange tissue paper and then the netting replaced, empty cosmetic bags, cookie tins, and the all time favourite for my family- girl scout cookie boxes.
Then for the family members we don't really like/want to prank (or maybe like them too much)- a huuuge box (refrigerator sized) filled with laundry (mostly underwear, all clean.) and at the very bottom is the gift (usually money taped to the bottom.) It's more fun to throw undergarments everywhere than tissue paper anyway, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
http://www.wists.com/wallaby
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dressing for Football Season: How to Take Your Outfit Up a Notch
Ways To Wear Varsity Jackets
Topshop Expands To More Nordstrom Locations
The 5 Pieces You Need to Transition Into Fall
How To Get Vanessa Hudgens Boho Look For Less
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...