A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Jeans Are Too Big!! Help!  (Read 563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Maliaka
« on: December 14, 2005 09:43:49 PM »

I recently bought 2 new pairs of pants at Walmart (since my unfortunate weight gain) that fit okay. The waist on both is a bit too big, but the most important problem I'm having is that the ass on both is way too loose! I have to keep pulling them up in the back every two seconds so they don't droop down so much. The whole rear area is super baggy and tacky looking. I like the way they look otherwise, so I'd really like to know if there's something I can do about it. Is there a way to resize them, especially the bum area?? What seam would I even sew on - the outside leg seam or the crotch seam? Please, somebody, help me!! (I will bake you cookies and be your best friend!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Winter Lights Clothing ~
http://www.winterlights.etsy.com
michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005 01:23:18 PM »

You probably have to bring in the back centre seams and the two side seams. 

Now where are my cookies? 
And I could probably use a best friend too!
HTH

Michelle Giordano
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maliaka
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005 05:04:02 PM »

Thank you! Smiley

Your cookies are on their way...but they may, umm, take a while...umm..you know, with the holidays and all. hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Winter Lights Clothing ~
http://www.winterlights.etsy.com
kd
Ta Da, It's Miss America!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005 08:30:56 PM »

I had some jeans that were that way.. really baggy in the tummy, butt and hips.  I turned them inside out and got a general idea of how much I was wanting to remove.  I took out the outside seam carefully, since the outside of my jeans didn't have the top stitching like the inseam did, and just cut through the waistband and hem.  To keep the faded stonewashed edge, I took the fabric out of the back.   So... essentailly the front stayed the same, and I took out two inches on each side of the butt of them.  I sewed it for a test fit BEFORE I CUT ANY MATERIAL AWAY!!!..... it was too big.. next time too small... third times a charm.  Smiley  I decided to take in a little around the knee, and flare the bottom a bit.   Sewed it one last time to make sure it was perfect, and then serged it.   I trimmed off the top stitching on the waistband (about 1/4 inch) and reinforced the button and button hole.  I also had to take off the belt loops and label.  I made 1/4 inch clips every 1/2 inch all the way around to fray it.  On the cuffs, I distressed the backs a little to go with the whole distressed theme, and clipped at the inseam and outseams a little bit to make it look like it was worn.  A few cycles through the washed and dryer frayed the edges nicely and hid the fact that I just cut the hem and waistband, instead of totally taking out the waistband and dealing with it that way. They turned out so cool, and they're soooooo comfy!  I dig the way they hug my cheeks and calves too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no such thing as a stay-at-home mom.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Crochet Patterns: Cluster Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Half Double Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Knit Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Entralac Blocks
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Double Stitches
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...