A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1-Day Wristwarmers (with link to PATTERN)  (Read 3448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

litlnemo
« on: December 14, 2005 02:02:27 AM »

This is the first pair of very easy wristwarmers I wrote my own pattern for, a couple of months ago, trying to figure out if I could write a pattern at all -- but I couldnt post the pattern or photos then because the wristwarmers were supposed to be a gift for someone, so I had to wait until I gave her the gift. In the meantime, I made the cable wristwarmers pattern I posted a few weeks ago, to wear myself. Cool So here is my first pattern. (The cable wristwarmers were the third!) Its easier, so if the cabled version scared you, try these instead.  I can make these in one (8 hour) day of knitting, and if you are not a slow knitter like me, you can probably make them faster. They are great for quick Christmas presents!

The wristwarmers are ribbed, with a vertical thumbhole. (They are sort of like the Knitty Voodoo wristwarmers, but they have a vertical thumbhole instead of the horizontal one, and of course the yarn is different.) They are made of Cascade Pastaza, bulky yarn that is 50% Peruvian Highland Wool/50% Llama wool. (I really like this yarn, and bought several skeins of it for all of these wristwarmers!) They require US9 double-pointed needles.

The pattern is here (PDF), and the blog post is here, and here are the photos:

I promise the next pattern I post won't be wristwarmers.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005 02:12:31 AM »

Those are really nice. I like the colour. I've been wanting to make wristwarmers for ages, and I think your pattern might be the one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot.com
litlnemo
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005 02:41:55 PM »

Thank you! They were made for someone whose favorite color is purple, hence the purpleness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knit wit
Take Back the Knit!

Knitting is good for you ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006 12:23:34 AM »

These are really cute! Thanks for posting your pattern. Is it possible to do without using dpns? (I don't have any)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

litlnemo
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006 05:09:28 AM »

You could easily do them with Magic Loop.

If you only have straights, add a couple of stitches to the cast-on, knit the whole thing as one ribbed rectangle, seam it up the side, leaving a couple of inches unsewn to be the thumbhole.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GusGirl
Marie v.K.

Oh, if I were that pen...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006 05:16:46 AM »

This is the first pair of very easy wristwarmers I wrote my own pattern for, a couple of months ago, trying to figure out if I could write a pattern at all -- but I couldnt post the pattern or photos then because the wristwarmers were supposed to be a gift for someone, so I had to wait until I gave her the gift. In the meantime, I made the cable wristwarmers pattern I posted a few weeks ago, to wear myself. Cool So here is my first pattern. (The cable wristwarmers were the third!) Its easier, so if the cabled version scared you, try these instead.  I can make these in one (8 hour) day of knitting, and if you are not a slow knitter like me, you can probably make them faster. They are great for quick Christmas presents!

The wristwarmers are ribbed, with a vertical thumbhole. (They are sort of like the Knitty Voodoo wristwarmers, but they have a vertical thumbhole instead of the horizontal one, and of course the yarn is different.) They are made of Cascade Pastaza, bulky yarn that is 50% Peruvian Highland Wool/50% Llama wool. (I really like this yarn, and bought several skeins of it for all of these wristwarmers!) They require US9 double-pointed needles.

The pattern is here (PDF), and the blog post is here, and here are the photos:

I promise the next pattern I post won't be wristwarmers.   Cheesy

Sweet, I'm working on some now, using Noro Kureyon, and they're going to turn into sleevels, they're so long!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I can't imagine a life without Cobra Commander."
~E.B.R.
litlnemo
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006 03:42:43 PM »

Cool! Kureyon is a good substitute for this yarn, I think. It's not *quite* as bulky but it should work nicely anyway. (I made wristwarmers with Kureyon and the same needles right before I first knitted these wristwarmers, and the results were similar, though the pattern was different.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

medstudentknitter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006 05:59:43 PM »

great pattern!

A new (but precocious) knitter I am helping out asked me to find her a good wristwarmer pattern. Mission accomplished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love the friendly faces of old Sorrows;
I have no secrets that they do not know.
-Karle Wilson Baker
litlnemo
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006 03:53:52 AM »

Thank you!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bopalena
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006 08:40:44 AM »

I've been looking for a simple wrist warmer pattern and I think I might give this one a try.  My only question is, where do you buy cascade pastaza from?  The only place to buy yarn from around here is Michael's or JoAnn's and I know they don't carry that yarn.  Is there an online ordering site that you could recommend?

Thank you! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Punk Hairstyle at the Tracy Reese Spring 2013 Fashion Show
How to Rock a Short Hair Style
How to Do Pixie Hairstyles for Weddings
Create 16 Hairstyles With 2 Clip-In Hair Extensions
How To Get A Perfect Voluminous Blowout At Home Like A Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...