Well now, my first go at a tute, but i felt the urge. This here skirt is basically a short skirt on a yoke with 3 layers ((count them, 1, 2, THREE)) of tulle underneath. This one is a little short on me ((you can see the curve of my bum at certain angles!!
)) but i feel so wench-a-licious in it!http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4846/sailorkittyskirttute015iv.pnghttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1715/sailorkittyskirttute021kg.png
((i gave up drawing pictures of them. It was jus getting crappier))
1. cut out two yokes ((a)) of your fabric of choice. the yokes shoule be like squished rectangles, curving up a bit at the sides. Mine are43cm at the top, 46cm at the bottom and 13cm down the sides. Measure your hips, or wherever you will be wearing the skirt, divide that by 2 and add a seam allowance of, lets say 1cm. this is your top measurement. Now measure down your leg how far down u want the yoke to go (9this is how far the skirt goes bfefore it gets all pouffy)). Mine is 11cm but i added a 1cm seam allowance on each side. I just made the bottom measurement up, it just has to be a bit bigger than your top measurement.
2.cut out two rectangles ((b)) ((you can place this on the fold, or just make one giant rectangle)) of 92cm ((the length of your bottom measurement by 2)) by 17cm ((however long u want the skirt - don't forget to add the yoke l;ength onto your measurement so you can figure out whether your skirt is the right length))
3. cut out 6 rectangles of the exact same measurement of piece b ((c)) out of netting/tulle/whatever.
4. choose a zipper tha's going to be the right length, and insert it between the two yokes. I'm sure there are plenty of zipper tutes around here somewhere but if you need more explaining ask me an I'll do my best
5.with the right sides together of the yoke, stitch up the other side
6. Now hem the top of it
7. Sew the two fabric rectangles together up both short sides, right sides together ((like a giant tube)). Do the same to each pair of tulle nettings.
8. ow here's the awesome fun bitch hard part ((sigh)), it takes a little time. Place each tube of tulle inside the other, then place this big tube of tulle inside the fabric tube.
9. Pin the top together and stitch across it. This keeps it all together while you attatch it to the yoke.
10.Now grab the side seam of the tulle and fabric skirt and pin it with the right sides together it to the zip side of the yoke. Do the same with the other side seam of the skirt to the side seam of the yoke.
11. this is very difficult to explain. So here we go. grab the centre of one side of the skirt and the centre of the matching side of the yoke and pin. Repeat for other side.
12. Continue this until u have a nice gathered action going, keep grabbing the centre between two pins and match it up with the yoke and in again.do this until you have kind of like 1.5inch spacing between your pins.
13. NOW SEW!
14. Finish off your seams ((if you have a serger, or use a zigzag stitch if you dont))((my serger ran away
15. You can topstitch the skirt-yoke seam if you like to finish it off, or just leave it the way it is
its for sale on eBay, i would love to keep it but i must sell things to raise money for serger ((i moved cities and my mommy wouldn't let me take her old serger... it was my best friend.
...)) There's a cute cropped jacket to match it, but when i make a new photo tutorial of this, i'll do one of the jacket too... Hurrah!I'll update this prolly 2mo with new step by step photos!