A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Tutu for A Wench ((who likes 2 show her legs off))((+ a tutorial of sorts))  (Read 39276 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2005 12:24:26 AM »

Well now, my first go at a tute, but i felt the urge. This here skirt is basically a short skirt on a yoke with 3 layers ((count them, 1, 2, THREE)) of tulle underneath. This one is a little short on me ((you can see the curve of my bum at certain angles!!  Shocked)) but i feel so wench-a-licious in it!

((i gave up drawing pictures of them. It was jus getting crappier))

1. cut out two yokes ((a)) of your fabric of choice. the yokes shoule be like squished rectangles, curving up a bit at the sides. Mine are43cm at the top, 46cm at the bottom and 13cm down the sides. Measure your hips, or wherever you will be wearing the skirt, divide that by 2 and add a seam allowance of, lets say 1cm. this is your top measurement. Now measure down your leg how far down u want the yoke to go (9this is how far the skirt goes bfefore it gets all pouffy)). Mine is 11cm but i added a 1cm seam allowance on each side. I just made the bottom measurement up, it just has to be a bit bigger than your top measurement.
2.cut out two rectangles ((b)) ((you can place this on the fold, or just make one giant rectangle)) of 92cm ((the length of your bottom measurement by 2)) by 17cm ((however long u want the skirt - don't forget to add the yoke l;ength onto your measurement so you can figure out whether your skirt is the right length))
3. cut out 6 rectangles of the exact same measurement of piece b ((c)) out of netting/tulle/whatever.
4. choose a zipper tha's going to be the right length, and insert it between the two yokes. I'm sure there are plenty of zipper tutes around here somewhere but if you need more explaining ask me an I'll do my best Smiley
5.with the right sides together of the yoke, stitch up the other side
6. Now hem the top of it
7. Sew the two fabric rectangles together up both short sides, right sides together ((like a giant tube)). Do the same to each pair of tulle nettings.
8. ow here's the awesome fun bitch hard part ((sigh)), it takes a little time. Place each tube of tulle inside the other, then place this big tube of tulle inside the fabric tube.
9. Pin the top together and stitch across it. This keeps it all together while you attatch it to the yoke.
10.Now grab the side seam of the tulle and fabric skirt and pin it with the right sides together it to the zip side of the yoke. Do the same with the other side seam of the skirt to the side seam of the yoke.
11. this is very difficult to explain. So here we go. grab the centre of one side of the skirt and the centre of the matching side of the yoke and pin. Repeat for other side.
12. Continue this until u have a nice gathered action going, keep grabbing the centre between two pins and match it up with the yoke and in again.do this until you have kind of like 1.5inch spacing between your pins.
13. NOW SEW!
14. Finish off your seams ((if you have a serger, or use a zigzag stitch if you dont))((my serger ran away Sad ))
15. You can topstitch the skirt-yoke seam if you like to finish it off, or just leave it the way it is
TADAAAA

its for sale on eBay, i would love to keep it but i must sell things to raise money for serger ((i moved cities and my mommy wouldn't let me take her old serger... it was my best friend.  Cry...)) There's a cute cropped jacket to match it, but when i make a new photo tutorial of this, i'll do one of the jacket too... Hurrah!

I'll update this prolly 2mo with new step by step photos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Country_Gal

Disasterously Beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005 07:47:49 PM »

looks awesome!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Nicole-
lol-lol
www.osier.com.au

i love my rabbit, sam. and he loves me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005 03:45:43 AM »

cooor, awsum!
cant wait for the stepbytep photo tutorail (although i gallantly salute your paint efforts. lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps :: www.osier.com.au
Jackanese
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005 07:40:03 AM »

Teeeheee, so pretty.  I have a skirt that kinda has that same pattern but it's really ugly ;o I love yours though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me, " if i ever let go, just keep holding on.  if i ever shatter, just pick up my pieces and put them back together. "
laneygreenleaf
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005 09:07:54 PM »

What's a serger?
Love, Laney Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005 10:07:17 PM »

What's a serger?
Love, Laney Kiss

um, an overlocker... it finishes seams nicely. Apparently alot of people sew the whole garment with them, but i didn't know you could do that! lol. i learnt stuff from my mummy....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006 04:25:51 PM »

looks awesome!!!!

very cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Letterbomb

UGG! You are soooo American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006 06:07:54 PM »

OMG! I love it! It looks just like something I saw at Marc Jacobs!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i heart ice cream
amourxamour
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006 08:13:56 AM »

haha... a tute for a tutu  Cheesy its cute <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

but then i was like, "what would emily do?"
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006 03:07:54 PM »

Now if only I had the legs for it.......... /sigh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Leftover Wrapping Paper Scraps
How to Thread a Needle More Easily
How to Prevent Sewing a Button on Too Tightly
How to Prevent a Ball of Yarn from Getting Tangled
How to Crochet: Hook Size and Chaining
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...