A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Proposals For New Swap Themes  (Read 19931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stickeravenger

you are the trilobyte in my circus of love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2004 05:26:50 PM »

I'd love to do a "trims" swap--usable lengths of ribbon, lace, beaded trim, rickrack, satin blanket binding, etc.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laurio
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2004 04:17:58 PM »

Yeah that's a good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Junyper319

you're a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2004 09:47:04 PM »

I agree on the trims swap...fun little goodies (i'm a ribbon addict) and very cheap and easy to mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2004 09:54:31 PM »

Once I am done signing people up for a handbag swap, I will start a trim swap for you guys. In a few weeks or so, maybe we can start a fabric swap??

If anyone wants to volunteer to start one, they can PM me with their ideas, and we can discuss how it will work! I don't want to have a millions swaps going on at a time, because I think it will a)be too much for the organizer/organizers (if they do more than one) and b) too much everyone participating! We wouldn't want anyone to get mixed up and send a handbag to a music swap person, and some trim to someone who wanted a tshirt!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004 09:55:02 PM by Lia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
abricot
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2004 11:32:14 PM »

Once I am done signing people up for a handbag swap, I will start a trim swap for you guys. In a few weeks or so, maybe we can start a fabric swap??

If anyone wants to volunteer to start one, they can PM me with their ideas, and we can discuss how it will work! I don't want to have a millions swaps going on at a time, because I think it will a)be too much for the organizer/organizers (if they do more than one) and b) too much everyone participating! We wouldn't want anyone to get mixed up and send a handbag to a music swap person, and some trim to someone who wanted a tshirt!!

A fabric swap would be cool, as would a trim/scrap item swap...  Off the top of my head there is several ways I can think of doing it...

I'd be willing to help or at least brainstorm with anyone who wants to run this....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
jennybean
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2004 07:04:26 AM »

yum, i like trim too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2004 08:23:34 AM »

Trim is wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2004 08:17:00 PM »

i would love to do a trim swap. i got some on clearence at wal mart. but dont have anything to use it for
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stickeravenger

you are the trilobyte in my circus of love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2004 01:33:15 PM »

this is regarding the idea about swap budgeting, and forgive me if this doesn't belong here...

to my mind, swapping doesn't--shouldn't--require going out and spending money; i think of it was a way to use up or change out supplies i already have and might not (or might) otherwise use.

as for swaps like the handbag swap, well, perhaps you might not have a special notion (etc.) and have to buy that.  but i still think the point of this sort of thing (and here i mean making things in general) isn't to go out and buy more stuff, it's to use what you already have resourcefully and creatively.

i don't mean that setting a budget is a bad idea; i only mean that, by my understanding, a budget shouldn't even be necessary.  i definitely hear the concern about not exchanging things of "equal" value, but isn't the point of handmade things at least in part that the value is in the work?  ostensibly, all the handmade things here that are to be exchanged will be of very good quality...so does it matter if i end up spending 15 dollars to make something to send to you, and you make what you send me with stuff you had lying around and a new zipper, for a total cost of 2.00 or something?

hope i haven't offended anyone by this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sfsf
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2004 07:45:07 AM »

i definitely hear the concern about not exchanging things of "equal" value, ...
hope i haven't offended anyone by this.

I'm not even concerned about that aspect of the trades. I've noticed in previous trades that some people sent several things while others sent just one. I would never have thought to send more than one item. And now that I'm participating in my first trade, I think it would be helpful to have some more guidelines.
I just want to make sure that I've met the expectations of the person receiving my gift.

btw, no offense taken.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Perfect a Natural First Date Makeup Look
Learn How to Illuminate Your Brown Eyes
More Women Ditching Hair Dye To Go Gray
3 Ways to Clean Your Makeup Brushes With Household Products
Best Face Cleansing Wipes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...