A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Proposals For New Swap Themes  (Read 22429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2004 08:08:25 AM »

Add 'em here...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
aspenwall
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004 09:39:18 AM »

I think we should do themed month-to-month swaps...like April Showes, MayFLowers, June Somehting, July...Red, white and blue etc.... P.S. I would LOVE to host the next swap! April Showers - Anything Blue...you know blue soap, blue purses, blue hat...etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tracey
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004 10:27:39 AM »

With no offense meant...............
Themed ones every month might get a bit costly, but I guess that is just my opinion.

As for July, Red, White, and Blue somewhat limits it to Americans.  I think it is great to be patriotic, but it kind of leaves a whole lot of craftsters out of the swap!

I like the Valentine, and Unbirthday swap, we could also do Halloween, Spring, Winter etc.

Maybe holliday or season themes would work.

What does everyone else think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love your ememies..... It will drive them nuts!
Lia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004 10:36:01 AM »

With no offense meant...............
Themed ones every month might get a bit costly, but I guess that is just my opinion.

And not just costly, but they woul have to be sent out so quickly, and organized really quickly. i think maybe every second month or reall great themed ideas would work well.

plus, if you feel it gets too costly every month, you don't need to participate in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004 10:38:17 AM »

I was thinking about a swap, and since I love hand bags, and a lot of us seem to be making them lately, would anyone be interested in doing a hangbag swap?

That way we mix up our collection a little bit, with new fabrics and designs! I can organize this if anyones interested..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abricot
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004 11:27:37 AM »

It'd be cool to have a monthly thematic swap... If that month I don't have the money or time, I could just skip it... and for June we could do "June Bug"... hehe...

I'd also be interested in a more specific swap, like a handbag swap....

The only swap ideas I can come up right now is...

Do a craft supply "grab bag" swap... The sender puts extra crafty bits into a bag (we could set up the required bag size) sends it to their person and once everyone get's their bags, you'd make a project with what you got in the bag....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004 11:33:17 AM »

I was thinking about a swap, and since I love hand bags, and a lot of us seem to be making them lately, would anyone be interested in doing a hangbag swap?

That way we mix up our collection a little bit, with new fabrics and designs! I can organize this if anyones interested..

First of all, I just love the handbag swap theme!

Second of all, I don't suppose that a couple of you are feeling like super-organized types who want to take charge of these swaps? If so, let me know and I'll make you "moderators" for this folder.

If you want to volunteer, I don't think you have to organize ALL the swaps -- just SOME of them.  Maybe two or three people will want to volunteer to take turns?

I'll see if kategirl and divasteph want to post with some suggestions as to how to run them since they did the last two...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Orora

Insert witticism here

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004 11:39:41 AM »

I'm very interested in a handbag swap.  I bought yarn and sewing patterns over the weekend with the sole purpose of making more handbags (which I most definitely do not need).  

I've never participated in a craftster swap before, but I do have multiple eBay references as well as cosmetic swap references.  I get the feeling that this swap works differently than I'm used to, though.  It's more of a "secret santa" thing, in that you don't know exactly what you're swapping with the other person, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherriesrockmysox
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004 12:21:51 PM »

yes for the handbags
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004 12:32:32 PM »

I'm sure a more people will be interested in entering this, I will start organizing one now! I'm excited.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Managing Large Files in CS4
Brush Resize in Photoshop CS4
Enhanced Smart Objects - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Printing - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Camera Raw 5.0 - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Quick Summer Dress
Marvelous Matryoshkas
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...