A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Basic Catherine wheel pattern, just love it!  (Read 2646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 13, 2005 02:30:18 PM »

Ok so I just typed this up and since I took the time to do it for the icecream cozie pattern in finished projects I thought I would share it here too ... Grin
This is the basic Catherine wheel... I LOVE the way this looks in a blanket or scarf, there are two variations of this using either one or two alternate colors and the effect is awesome, you really see the "wheels" when you add another color... anyone want the variations, I'll add those notes, hope you can use this!!!

special abbreviations CL=cluster= work { yo, insert hook, yo, draw loop through, yo draw loop through 2 loops} over the number of stitches indicated then yo and pull through all loops on hook
tch=triple chain or three chain
chain multiple of 10 + 6 (so, 16,26,36,46, etc.)
Add 1 more chain for base chain

1st row (wrong side); 1sc into 2nd chain from hook, 1sc into next ch, * skip 3ch, 7dc into next ch, skip 3ch, 1sc into each of next 3ch, rep from * to last 4 ch, skip 3ch, 4dc into last ch, turn.
2nd row; 1 ch, 1 sc into first st, 1sc into next st * 3ch, 1CL over next 7 sts, 3ch, 1sc into each of next 3 sts; rep from* to last 4 sts, 3ch 1CL over last 4 sts, skip tch (turn chain from previous row), turn
3rd row; 3ch (count as 1dc), 3dc into first st * skip 3ch, 1sc into each of next 3sc, skip 3ch, 7dc into loop which closed next CL; rep from * to end to finishishing with skip 3ch, 1sc into each of last 2sc, skip tch, turn
4th row; 3ch (count as 1dc), skip first st, 1CL over next 3 sts, * 3ch, 1sc into each of next 3 sts, 3ch, 1CL over next 7sts; rep from * finishing with 3ch, 1sc into next st, 1sc into top of tch, turn
5th row; 1ch, 1sc into each of first 2sc, * skip 3ch, 7dc into loop which closed the next CL, skip 3ch, 1sc into each of next 3sc; rep from * ending skip 3ch, 4dc into top of tch, turn.
rep 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th rows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Five Items Every Woman Should Have In Her Closet, from Tim Gunn
Tim Gunn On The Black Leather Jacket
Tim Gunn: Three Fashion Faux Pas
Lauren Conrad Shows How to Brighten Up Your Fall Wardrobe with Yellow
Your Guide to the Best Halloween Costumes for 2012
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...