A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corinne Dress  (Read 18058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jejune
Grand Vizier

Arrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2006 10:40:25 AM »

You can also buy the book "Romantic style knits" that has the dress in it too, and it has a lot of other cool things to knit. It's cheaper on Amazon.com
here's the link. I also wanna get this book for Christmas...

Yes, this is tops on my list of books wanted at the moment.

I was looking at my Corrine again last night, and I hope it won't embarrass Corrine's creator when I say that I think this is a genius pattern.  It's relatively simple, but ever so functional, and it has little details that make me so pleased, especially the flare lace, and the way the straps are done.  They look nice, and doing them in the round is such a smart, simple way to do things because they are much less likely to snap or detach.  Corrine has all of the qualities of my favorite patterns.  It's well thought out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knittingkninja.com/ - the inevitable blog
kokosand
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2006 11:11:24 PM »

Declared by another Corinne in another thread, I think I'm obligated to make this lovely little dress myself, as it bears my own name! I added it to the list : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artcat81

No Power in the 'Verse can stop me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2008 06:10:07 AM »

Way late to the party, but I cast this on New Years day, I just finished my first repeat of the parachute lace, I'm using paton's Lacette, in a pale blue.

I love love love the lace and I have been wanting a little lace dress like this one for years, I am making some changes, instead of the ruffled hemline, I'm going to try to make it flair out into a full skirt much like jean butler's white dress in Riverdance.  I'm hoping by the time I get the body knitted I will be comfortable enough with the lace pattern to make the skirt do what I want it to.  I made a flared ruffled skirt earlier this year with fun fur yarn sooo...

I think I can I think I can...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down"   - Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
"Normal is a failure of Potential" - Eli Stone
artcat81

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2008 09:37:09 AM »

The flu sucks, but it meant more knitting time on the days I was feeling good enough to knit! 

I am now past the decreases and increases and in the final 10cm before the decreases for the arms, and neckline and binding off begin.

looking ahead, the binding off and then picking up stitches looks a bit intimidating, but I think I can.

Also, someone asked earlier about modifying this to a top, well quite by accident thats what I did, since I did not want the slinky fitted skirt, I cast on 120 stitches, and started in on the pattern, eyeballing it so hopefully it will fit when done.  I did a provisional cast on so once I finish the top I can pick up the stitches at th ebottom and start in on the skirt with hte lace going in the opposite direction ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down"   - Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
artcat81

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2008 11:39:37 AM »

Grr Arrgh.... ok so that flu bug is still effecting my energy levels, and while I'm thrilled with how the dress as a tunic top section is coming out, I cannot motivate myself to do the remaining 5cm.... before the armpits. 

This is the silliest thing ever and all in my head, I tried it on 4 days ago, it fits, there is nothing but my own energy levels and brain between me and completion.  I have now put it away, we shall see how I feel in about a week.   

Good news is as a tunic its going to take just over 1 skein of Patons lacette
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artcat81

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2008 06:03:49 AM »

Woot, I got past my knitting mental block on this project, as of 6:30 this morning, I have divided front and back I get to start shaping the armholes now Smiley

YAY!   Pictures to come as soon as I figure out why my compy does not like my new memory card.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

niniel
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2008 03:40:22 PM »

Hmm the pattern is down again, isn`t it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artcat81

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2008 06:33:38 AM »

No, it appears to be up and working for me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Honey and Nut Cereal Bars
How to Make White Chocolate and Raisin Fudge
How to Make a No-Bake Watermelon Cake for Your Next Barbecue
How to Make Peach Muffin Tin Pies
Mango Habanero Sorbet Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...