A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corinne Dress  (Read 18105 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rougeau26
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006 12:57:23 PM »

Ok, here's my finished Corinne...still not modeled on me, sorry...I couldn't find a nude slip dress.  Hope you like it.  And if you can't see the pics, you can check it out on my blog...I'm still having trouble getting pictures to show up in my posts.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful....

www.knittingnellie.blogspot.com
meco

Agent Provocateur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006 01:58:20 PM »

looks lovely! I am sorry you did not get to wear it. Did you try thrift stores? I always score lots of cheap slips there.

I also wondered what yarn the PP ordered from elann. I will have to check it out. I wanted to make this weeks ago, but got stuck in holiday knitting. Finally recovering, I am now back on track.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chemicaldog
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006 04:57:43 PM »

it would seem this knitalong is kind of dead in the water. oh well! pictures of my ruffle, as promised:

and a question for the designer of the pattern: i am a bit curvier than a small, so i am going to go ahead, pick up 144 stitches, and add an extra repeat of the lace. do you think there's any reason this wouldn't work? three repeats on the front half and three repeats in the back?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006 06:51:17 PM by chemicaldog » THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarletkittycat
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006 06:25:47 PM »

I'm still trying to decide what yarn i want to use for this, i've been trying to decided for months, i think i've finaly reached the point where i will just grab something out of my stash and use that, so hopefully i will start this tonight.

chemicaldog your ruffle is looking great, love the colour.

EDIT: Finaly cast on  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006 07:29:04 PM by scarletkittycat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
damn your eyes

I think, therefore I am dangerous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006 06:32:43 AM »

i'm making this too! just finished a few inches of the ruffle hem... what a beautiful lace. i'm in love!

PS - i'm using Patons Grace 100% mercerized cotton, if anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006 04:39:56 PM by damn your eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I only post compliments that I really and truly mean.

Blog: http://nightofthelivingdeadgirl.blogspot.com
Shop: http://www.undeadclothing.ca
Jemjerika
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006 10:49:37 AM »

I did some updates to the website, and it's moved the pattern and the pics around. You can find what you need at www.knittingfog.net/corinne.html

As for changing the size, I think go for it. It's so stretchy and clingy, it's very forgiving. I wouldn't overdo it on the increases and decreases though - they're there for some help with the shape, but aren't strictly needed. While I was making itt, I would slip the stitches ot a thread every now and again to try it on, which helped a lot, because it gets a lot shorter when you put it on!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.oneandonlycrafts.etsy.com - One&Only Yarns on Etsy
chemicaldog
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006 08:38:14 PM »

making a lot of progress on my corinne. if i didn't say it before, i am using debbie bliss wool cotton (now discontinued, so i got it on sale!) in color 700 as shown here: http://www.debbieblissonline.com/yarn/wool_cotton.htm
it's actually a bit darker than in that photo. here is what i have of corinne so far:

as it turns out, my big butt means i can't make corinne into a full dress without it being way too short, so i am making a nice midlength skirt instead. i'm okay with that. it still looks really nice. good luck everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006 01:45:38 PM »

this looks amazing, i have so many ideas. i could make one to wear for homecoming. or i could just make the top part and make a cami. or i could just make the skirt. or i could make one of these, but change it so it's full length and wear it over the top of a prom dress. so many choices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
scarletkittycat
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006 02:09:51 PM »

I'm kinda considering the skirt idea for mine, i love it as a dress but i don't think i'll get much use out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
damn your eyes

I think, therefore I am dangerous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006 01:39:12 PM »

making a lot of progress on my corinne. if i didn't say it before, i am using debbie bliss wool cotton (now discontinued, so i got it on sale!) in color 700 as shown here: http://www.debbieblissonline.com/yarn/wool_cotton.htm
it's actually a bit darker than in that photo. here is what i have of corinne so far:

as it turns out, my big butt means i can't make corinne into a full dress without it being way too short, so i am making a nice midlength skirt instead. i'm okay with that. it still looks really nice. good luck everyone!

couldn't you just knit in more length between the hem and the decreases of the waist shaping?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006 07:21:56 AM by damn your eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I only post compliments that I really and truly mean.

Blog: http://nightofthelivingdeadgirl.blogspot.com
Shop: http://www.undeadclothing.ca
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Love, Burlesque, Tangled, & King
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Harry Potter & The Next Three Days
Harry Potter Cast Secrets: 10 Things You May Not Know
How Students of the World Develops Documentary Filmmakers
How to Film and Edit Green Screen Video
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...