A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,462
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty persons in Chicago and Western Suburbs?  (Read 8337 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

espressopunk
free to good home

'art is why i get up in the morning'

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2005 11:43:15 AM »

I live in the Downers Grove area, a suburb of chicago...I'm bored, and basically looking for crafty people who are just about as crazy as me to enjoy all that the area has to offer and possibly set up some craft/movie nights.  I know this is very non specific but i'm hoping we can get a discussion going on this thread and us crafty persons in this area can make some new friends. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sashers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005 02:34:21 PM »

I'm a crafty person that's sometimes in the area, usually January and late May.  I can't offer to organize anything but keep me posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005 07:09:35 PM »

I know this is as helpful as... can't come up with an un-helpful metaphor here. I live in LA now. But I'm from Glen Ellyn, went to high school in downtown Chicago, college at Northwestern... I visit a few times a year.

If you take up the knitting thing you'll have plenty of people to meet with. Don't be afraid of the needles!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
espressopunk
free to good home

'art is why i get up in the morning'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005 10:16:59 PM »

I know this is as helpful as... can't come up with an un-helpful metaphor here. I live in LA now. But I'm from Glen Ellyn, went to high school in downtown Chicago, college at Northwestern... I visit a few times a year.

If you take up the knitting thing you'll have plenty of people to meet with. Don't be afraid of the needles!  Wink

me an knitting don't go well...tried it alone...could use some lessons, but they're so damn expensive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005 11:58:15 AM »

I betcha you could barter (maybe a clock?) for a lesson. If we were in the same city, I'd do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
microtime
super-versatile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005 11:47:17 PM »

i'm crafty and in chicago! i live downtown and go to saic but winter break is boring and its been awhile since i've done something crafty...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my name is susie, nice to meet you.
sashers
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005 09:53:08 AM »

me an knitting don't go well...tried it alone...could use some lessons, but they're so damn expensive

I love teaching people to knit, I'm up for new crafty friends,  and I'd totally trade you for one of those floppy disk books you made. 
However, I'm in Evanston which is not exactly convenient for the outer western suburbs.  :|  If you're ever on the north side or north suburbs or something drop me a line, and I'll get you shipshape in no time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmilyBel
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005 11:17:09 AM »

I live in Aurora and would be up for some crafty movie nights.  I'm all about making new friends Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Bemmer19
Writer78
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006 03:55:19 PM »

I'm in Plainfield.  I will keep an eye on this thread and join in if I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006 10:14:03 AM »

I'm in west Aurora, and I'd love to make new crafty friends!

Espressopunk - what about knitting did you find tough? My sis taught me how, but it wasn't til I quit smoking that I really took it up (and then kind of self-taught myself as I was 500 miles from sis). If you'd like, I can try and help, although I only consider myself a novice - I am bored with the millionth scarf I've done though LOL! I'll be moving on to small toys and simple garments (shrug sweater & sleeveless) next... I find it's all about the courage to try something new, I was so intimidated by dropped stitches (maybe the name!), but they're super simple... and I love the complexity they lend to the look of the finished piece. Anyhoo, pm me if you want, & we'll get something figured out! Smiley I love Craftster... & all the cool people on it! You guys rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand Stroke Dynamics - Motion 3
How to Use Motion and Shake - Motion 3
How to Use 4 Point Tracking - Motion 3
How to Create Basic Replicators - Motion 3
How to Understand Text Behavior - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...