A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,269
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steve Buscemi Bleach Stencil  (Read 51042 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

argylexsoul
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004 03:40:44 PM »

awesome! i think i'm gonna do the buddha design on my old slip ons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004 05:31:07 PM »

wow! all those tees are killer! nice work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
subliminalpolka
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004 01:52:44 PM »

Wow...that's a *wicked* Steve-stencil.  Could you share it?  I'd love to stencil him onto a li'l shirt to call my own...

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rocka_mary
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004 03:26:47 PM »

that looks great! Bleach!! who woulda thought?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
its_alisha_duh
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004 12:22:05 PM »

are bleach pens common? where do you get them?
This is my attempt at my favorite Red Sox player Johnny Damon, I wish I had left the bleach on longer, but I like the effect nonetheless.

yay for the red sox! i'm a bostonian myself  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkstart
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004 09:54:50 PM »

Wow!  This is SO cool... now I have to try it.  Maybe with Charles Bronson?  Steve McQueen?  Maybe... Walken?  So exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chantal
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2004 08:46:40 AM »

Wow!  This is SO cool... now I have to try it.  Maybe with Charles Bronson?  Steve McQueen?  Maybe... Walken?  So exciting!

charles bronson!!

that made me laugh.

the tee's are great. i can't wait to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hey little bird fly away home

livejournal.com/users/varouna
clueless_crafter
Curly McSue

I'm already married to that boy.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004 07:22:01 PM »

hey awesome! steve buscemi kicks ass, is that a pic of him when he was Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not an animal, I am a human being.
arizabif
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004 11:12:41 PM »

How is the fabric holding up, on the parts that are bleached?  Is the fiber getting weak at all? 

Also, how many uses do you get from a bleach pen?  I know it depends on the size of the stencil, but it would be helpful to know how many pens were used for the buddha shirt.  I don't want to get part way through a stencil, and have to run back out to the store for another pen. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kateeliza
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004 11:01:33 AM »

I thought I'd reply because I happen to be wearing a bleach-stencil t-shirt right now and can attest to a few of its pros and cons. I don't use the bleach pen because it's really freaking expensive compared to my personal favorite tool, known as the spray-bottle with bleach in it. For fancier, drip-free results, buy the bleach known as "splashless." One bottle lasts forever.

My stencils are all made from laminated cardstock, which seems to break down the slowest from the bleach (plain cardstock will give you about 10 uses before it's dead, plastic alone has some problems, too). They need to be heavy and sturdy if you're worried about the shirt looking really snazzy and professional, which I happen to not care at all about.

When you just take a spraybottle and spritz over a stencil, you get the border lines of the stencil highlighted and lots of other spots all over the shirt where the mist happened to fall. I personally don't care, but if you have a sturdy enough stencil, there's a great method for preventing this; by building a spraying booth with the stencil as its base, you can bleach only through the stencil and nowhere around it. Use cardstock and make a box. Easy!

And spraying is WAY faster than tracing. You can make many shirts, much to the delight of your friends and family who just can't wait to have yet more shirts with little holes in them after three washings. That's the answer to your above questions -- YES, it weakens the fiber. The shirt I'm wearing right now was made on Friday morning, washed once, and has one tiny hole in it. It's in a place where bleach actually dripped and wasn't sprayed, so it's plausible that if I'd done the propper masking, it would have survived more intact.

That Buddha stencil is really complex. How did you cut it and out of what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Concert Photography Tips
Prime Lenses Vs. Zoom Lenses
Dan Bracaglia Talks About His Digital Photography Experience
Wedding Photography Techniques
Studio Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...