A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How Many Of Us In Saskatchewan?  (Read 15596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2006 08:28:57 AM »

i live in SASKATOON!

I'm mainly into t shirt making but I'm a little bit of everything.

Thats too cool.  I am also in saskatoon and I just ordered some transfer paper to make some t-shirts for my kidlets! I am experimenting with adobe illustrator and photoshop and all of those, trying to design cool looking things, so far its really hard, but I discover something neat everyday! 

Michelle Giordano
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AccioSnitch
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2006 03:43:12 PM »

I've been lurking Crafster for years but only joined today.  I'm in Saskatoon and work at a fabric store.  Such fantastic weather today!

Lovely to meet you all!

//Britt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thevaticant

I'm cold. And my legs hurt.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006 05:43:29 PM »

I've been lurking Crafster for years but only joined today.  I'm in Saskatoon and work at a fabric store.  Such fantastic weather today!

Lovely to meet you all!

//Britt

Ooooh and you're clearly a Harry Potter fan. Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask not what your rest home can do for you, but what you can do for your rest home.
cmoore
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2006 10:50:22 PM »

Way down here, we consider that north east. DQ is great (we don't have one)  Are you rural, rural as in farm? Or just almost Ghost Town, like me? Happy crafting, d

Generally we look at anything south of the Qu'appelle and east of Regina as SE. Broadview just makes the cut. Smiley
I do live in town-it's a little better than being on a farm-though if I were on a farm, I'd be able to raise sheep and goats for their wool....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anddarling

I recycle these spoons because I am responsible.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006 08:11:19 AM »

Haha regina. I love it that there are actually people from sask here. All I can say is value village. You can pretty much find everyhing there. Some cool grandma dresses also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(/*\)D e \/\/ al TT*(/*\) And I will miss you.
michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006 08:16:07 AM »

Lovely to meet you all!

//Britt

OMG!!! I am so jealous!  I tried applying at fabricland when I was younger, but didn't get a call.  Now I do insurance....how creative....but in all honesty it is interesting, especially all the law stuff involved with it.  Yeah I am weird I know.   I think there is only one fabric store I haven't been to in saskatoon, and I think its called HJ fabrics or something like that.

Michelle Giordano
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marv_charliesangel

I'm not going to lie to you . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006 07:44:27 AM »

I am in Saskatoon also, and I know of at least three or four others. I will tell them to post here so you know who they are!!

I am glad to see a few others!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lobsteriffic

it's hip to be square

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006 06:41:14 AM »

I moved to Saskatoon a few months ago and as of yet I haven't met any other crafty people.   Cry

So if anyone wants to add me to MSN...rabid_lobster [at] hotmail [dot] com  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marv_charliesangel

I'm not going to lie to you . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006 09:16:11 AM »

Hey, for those of you that were asking about Saskatoon craftstores, I shop thrift stores a lot. I have found several dozen retro patterns at the Global village thrift stores. I also find a lot of sweaters that i rip apart and remake, retro clothes to reconstruct etc. Value village is okay, but I find that the thrift stores that are picked over less often (ie 20th street, warman, rostern) are more loaded with treasures. especially in the small towns, all the old lady stuff is gone, and the really cool retro stuff is left unwanted. probably cause little old ladies are the only ones who shop at the mennonite clothescloset in warman  Cheesy

SOme friends and i are planning a post-exams thrifting day. we are going to split gas money and hit all the stores in the area.

Also, i think a saskatchewan swap would be a MARVELOUS idea. I havent participated in one yet, but i thin kSask would be a good place for my first. personally, id prefer to wait a little first though , since exams are still on and all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2006 11:09:03 PM »

who shop at the mennonite clothescloset in warman  Cheesy

that's so wierd that you call it that too- one of my friends here in vancouver called it that
(because she actually thought that's what it stood for) and we thought she'd made it up! i'd never heard it before.

whenever i run into displaced prairie people we always bond over our love of MCCs and how miserable the MCCs in BC are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Ham & Onion Omelet
How to make Mac Attack
NY Strip Steak & Potatoes with Chef John Schenk
How to Cook a Tuna Fish
How to Make Smoked, Barbecued Ribs
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...