A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ALL YEAR LONG CHRISTMAS CRAFTALONG 2006  (Read 20014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ruwena
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2006 11:59:30 PM »

just wanted to let you know, i work at hobby lobby, and i know that we sell these all year long in the craft glass aisle. so if you have one of those around...

I found some at a Joann Superstore on clearance a few weeks ago but last week when I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some Armor Etch I found them right next to the Armor Etch Smiley So I have lots to play with now Cheesy Although I did forget to buy stickers and tape...I should start making a shopping list huh? I could never work at Hobby Lobby...how do you manage to even bring a paycheck home? I never would lol. Thank you for the info Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Alter ALL the nuts!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2006 08:30:07 AM »

basically the eyeglasses rest through  the hoop by the stem and are folded ... not the traditional granny wear way where you have beads on both sides of your face... I made it for my friends mom who said she always misplaces her glasses and wished she had somewhere to put them

I was going to make my best friend an eyeglass holder the other way-after seeing this one jnaos I'm am torn, it looks so cool.  Maybe I'll just do both.

Know what you mean ruwena, I'm pretty sure I would end up deep in the hole if I worked at Micheals,fortunately (for my bank account)  its 2 hours away from my town. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!

Shop the Swap Spring Market- open March 15!
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2006 08:50:47 AM »

When I worked at Barnes and Noble it was the same thing.  1/2 back to them.. and they don't pay that much to begin with.  I almost got a job at Michaels and I had to turn it down for these reasons
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006 10:55:06 PM by jnaos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldpaperstar

i love craftster.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2006 10:10:55 AM »

I could never work at Hobby Lobby...how do you manage to even bring a paycheck home? I never would lol.

haha, yeah it is a bit of trouble, but luckily, i have a boyfriend who is like, "do you need that, really? what are you going to use it for? when?" basically everytime i want something or bring something new home, so I've learned to not buy so much. if i didn't have him, i'd never have a check.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

distant though i am
orange, gold and green
firing, flaming
colors surround me

http://myspace.com/goldpaperstar
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2006 06:32:49 AM »

Oh Misswrite.. I was wondering if you did the directiuons for the book thongs or just beaded some string.  I am a knitter and not too strong on crochet how long are yours?

I just looked at some on the net; like http://www.gemstonegifts.com/bookmark.htm. The first ones I made I used some vinyl string I had but I read a description of some that used waxed linen so I bought some of that. I like it pretty well and it seems strong enough.

I absolutely love your eyeglass holder. I have a friend who keeps hers on her necklace but this would be even safer. Very cool. Hmmm...who do I know that could use that? lol...thinking, thinking...... (I want to make one).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2006 10:33:29 AM »

Thank You Thank you .. Im excited now.. I tried the crochet book thing but it was a pain in the booty to find nice beads with a decent opening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joesherryw
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2006 01:05:00 AM »

I just typed this whole long message and well I hate my computer right now! Uggh! Anyway I just wanted to say everyone's stuff is so amazing. There are a ton of talented people involved this, you all rock. I on the other hand haven't been getting much done. Today I finally had free time though, I got two care bear pillowcases done, and three book thongs. My husband has decided that book thongs are the coolest thing yet, I don't yell at them AND they look cool. I wanted to thank everyone because you are keeping me motivated and helping me accept the fact I can only do what I have time to.  Grin  Grin  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GroggyFroggy
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2006 01:37:28 PM »

You don't yell at them.  Grin Sounds familiar. I've been making more book thongs but none for Christmas. We're having a silent auction at my church to raise money for a community center. People are bidding on themed gift baskets so I made a "garden" themed book thong and am working on a "music" themed one. I also made one with a little cross for a really sweet lady at my church. So, all this work and not a single lousy Christmas present. LOL (I do still have one of my mom's crossstitched towels left). This is the most fun thread I've participated in on Craftster. It almost gives me the nerve to do a swap.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kellbell
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2006 09:10:32 AM »

Okay...so I finally got started. I made 4 monster magnets out of polymer clay yesterday. Everything I have made lately has a monster theme. Don't really know why.  I'll post picture later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paula953
You can do anything if you try.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2006 06:32:32 AM »

Ok I am back after managing to drop the computer whilst we were changing the room round. They don't bounce do they lol. Well we had to get things sorted out with the insurance company and that took an age. Theyhad no record of us not helpful when we had paid the year in full up front. Anywayafter sorting that lot out we went ahead with our claim and we now have a brand new computer.
I will be making a start on things soon we have had a lot to do lately and seem to run out if time for doing things we want to do.

The book thongs were easy to do and I love them. Magnets will be next although I cannot post pics yet but will do when I have sorted out the stuff we need to do it.

Don't give up on me will you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Anonymous
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brendan McNally Talks About Germania
Pete Cerqua Talks About 90-Second Fitness Solution
Jim Benton Talks About Franny K. Stein Series
Meet Author Gustavo Arellano
David McCullough Wishes He Had This Talent
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...