A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ALL YEAR LONG CHRISTMAS CRAFTALONG 2006  (Read 20238 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chelsea
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2006 02:17:32 PM »

I'm still finishing up a cross stitch from February, I started late (like 2 days ago) and haven't had much time even though the dang thing's tiny  Wink  I had the pattern in a magazine and I made myself one a few weeks ago and had so much thread left over I decided to make one for my mom. Even though now I can't find MINE, so I may have to make three!  Good thing it's easy.  Wink

Yay more book thongs!  Last Christmas I gave them out with the Barnes & Noble giftcards we always get my brother and sister in law.  Smiley So much fun.   I've never seen any in stores until recently, they're like $10 at Borders. Crazy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joesherryw
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2006 04:04:35 PM »

I too am already behind, I signed up late but thought I would have time for the sewing projects. I hate it, I think days need to be a bit longer  Wink I'm really looking forward to the book thongs too, I think I may actually have time to do those.  Grin
Everyone's stuff looks awesome so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GroggyFroggy
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2006 05:25:33 PM »

Making book thongs was fun.  Cheesy I like the Barnes & Noble gift card idea. I also want to make some that are more kid friendly and buy some children's books and send them as gifts. Gosh, I love this craftalong. It is helping me so much. Don't worry if you're behind. Just think ...if you're thinking of Christmas in March, you're already miles ahead.  Wink

Here's a pic of the 2 book thongs, a book marker and a stitch marker I made tonight. I know...the stitch marker looks remarkably like a mateless earring.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruwena
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2006 06:13:56 PM »

Misswrite I love those bookthongs. Mind if I borrow your idea?

I'm behind too but I found some plain glass ornaments at Joann's Superstore last weekend and today I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a tiny bottle of Armor Etch. So this weekend I'm hoping to get to try it for the first time. But we'll see if I have time...boyfriends family is coming to visit...since we aren't married do they still count as in-laws?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GroggyFroggy
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2006 03:04:22 AM »

Sure! Help yourself. I borrowed it myself. lol

Can't wait to hear how your glass etching goes. I bought some of the etching stuff when it was on sale but haven't used it yet.

They sure do count as inlaws. If you have to clean house and get ready for 'em...they're family. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GroggyFroggy
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2006 10:27:38 AM »

Here are some scissor fobs I made today.

Anyone else making gifts without a recipient in mind? I don't know who on earth I'll give scissor fobs to. I love making them, though, and I like them on my scissors. Hmmm....maybe I'll just wrap everything and put it under the tree for MOI!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2006 10:38:40 PM »

what I should do to them to make sure there's no bugs or anything.   I tried something like this with sticks when I was younger.  I was going to make some kind of mobile or..well, something, I have no idea...and all of a sudden all these bugs started crawling all over me.    So yeah, I'd like to avoid that. 

You can bake them in the oven on an old baking sheet on low temp about 250 or so for an hour and that should work. I've done tons this way and never had a problem at all.
A friend of mine actually soaked them in bleachwater for a couple of days outside of course. They sort of turned a grey white colour and looked pretty neat that way too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2006 08:46:36 AM »

I love your scissor fobs misswrite!!  What a cool idea.  Well I feel soooo guilty for being so far behind  that I havent even started yet!.   So many ideas so little time.  Now if I could just turn off the computer for awhile......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2006 05:46:23 AM »

Thanks. It dawned on me after I posted those that we are doing book things, not jewelry things. (ETA: duh...I just reread the list. We are doing jewelry things. I've been a spaz for the past month or so. Sorry.)   Glad you like them, though. They're fun to make.

I hear ya about getting off the computer. I read a post on here yesterday and someone said that they keep their craft table by the computer so they can craft and craftster at the same time. lol I think my family would kill me. They circle like vultures waiting for me to go clean or make something so they can have the computer.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006 08:05:09 PM by misswrite » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chelsea
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2006 04:26:00 PM »

Hehe, luckily my time on the computer is limited to when my husband isn't home or else he hovers like a hawk with me as the little mouse (or whatever they eat).  But then there are the days when he's at work until 11 and I never get around to working on anything (like now).

Here's what I did for February, I've been actually making a lot of things, but none of them are x-mas gifts, this one is.

(It was so hard to get a clear picture of that...it's still a teensy bit blurry).  I got the pattern out of the Nov or Dec. issue of Cross Stitch Crazy.  It's a little cutesy, but I liked it...I love cartoon baby ducks. Smiley

Most of what I'll be making is without a recipient in mind (and some of it will probably just be kept).  This one I knew I was going to make one for myself and one for my mom.  I got a really cheap ugly frame for christmas last year, so I'm going to paint it a light blue/turquoise color and use it as a frame for this.  I may do something with silver paint, like paint it blue then silver and wipe off some of the silver, or the other way around.  I still need to experiment with that, which is why I just posted the cross-stitch instead of waiting weeks (months?) for me to finally finish the frame.

This is the other sewing thing I was working on last month...it's not technically a x-mas gift, but I did kinda give it to my husband to use with our camera.  Wink  lol. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82433.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Plexiglas
How to Determine the Value of Your Beanie Babies
How to Design Quilts
How to Develop Basic Welding Skills
How to Do Screen Printing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...