A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ALL YEAR LONG CHRISTMAS CRAFTALONG 2006  (Read 24731 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maytina
knitting is hot

just keep knitting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2006 03:29:11 PM »

I just signed up and I'm all excited to get started. I'm thinking of some knitted ornaments first...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandalol219
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2006 08:59:38 AM »

alrighty, ive gathered up all my christmas cards for the ornaments posted above. my printers gone mad, so i cant print out the template for the size of the circle. can anybody who has done this already tell me what they used for the size?

sorry if that was confusing, let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
paula953
You can do anything if you try.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2006 11:52:47 AM »

Ok no matter what I do I cannot post a picture of my ornaments that I made as I cannot get them down to the right size. I have posted then in the gallery on the tapanga pages though.

February is posing a problem for me as I do have a sewing machine so any ideas about sewing gifts would be appreciated.

Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Anonymous
bluelise
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2006 01:27:31 PM »

I traced the bottom of my tacky glue bottle for the circles and I used a ruler to draw the triangle within the circle. The tacky glue also came in handy because it helped things to adhere and dry faster. Good luck with your ornaments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps. PM me for availability and ideas!
http://girlinabook.blogspot.com
mandalol219
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2006 02:20:10 PM »

thank you so much! that size was perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
Nikkidear
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2006 12:48:55 AM »

I just emailed ya. This is going to be my first craftalong woot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2006 10:39:04 AM »

I made ornaments!

Fuzzy needs his hair combed in the first picture...sorry.   For both ornaments I used clear frosted glass ornaments from Michaels.  This one I used fabric samples from Distinctive Fabric - white fur and some hot pink metallic meshy stuff.  Since the fur wasn't big enough to cover the entire thing, I used the hot pink. The hot pink peeks through in a few places when it's hanging up.

This one I used the same ornament, and I disected a couple silk flowers.  The light pink was some kind of silk flower I got that was attached to a gift.  Then I used a few of the petals and the middle things w/ gold glitter on them (I have no idea what they're called) of a pinkish gold Poinsettia from Michaels and a couple of leaves glued to the back.  The leaves didn't work as well as I wanted them too because the plastic on them wouldn't bend and stay attached to the ornament, even with E6000 holding it on. Smiley 

One question...and I'll experiment with this on another ornament first, but should I leave the poinsettia ornament as is, or swirl some light green paint inside?   Maybe completely coated, maybe just swirled in a pattern I don't know yet.  I thought it might help the light pink petals stand out more.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006 10:40:50 AM by Chelsea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2006 10:59:49 AM »

I haven't even started my ornaments yet, this weekend for sure though.  I'll probably just do a bunch of the salt/flour dough ornaments and maybe some with felt.  This weekend I'll be at least starting for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
lizparnell
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2006 05:22:38 PM »

I made the felt stockings for my family I had been procrastinating about - meant to make them for this chiristmas (just gone) but no matter, they are made now - I made them for freinds and extended family but not us.

Liz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paula953
You can do anything if you try.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2006 11:09:30 AM »

pineconetrees7tv.jpg][/URL]

At Last I found out how to do this. Here are the pine cones I turned into Christmas trees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Anonymous
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Contour With Makeup
10 Concealer Hacks for Under Your Eyes
Kerry Washington Tweets About Scandal While In Labor
VF NEWS: Emanuel Ungaro - Fall 2015 - Paris Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews
The Ultimate DIY Pedicure
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...